test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Locked from Sector Space

oram8oram8 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I had a weird situation happen just now.

I went to my fleet dil mine, transwarped to fleet sb, then shuttled to embassy and then shuttled back to the sb. I did my embassy ood daily and then the sb fleet ood daily. When I beamed back to my ship from the sb, I was in system space around my sb.
When I attempted to go to sector space it loaded me into system space around New Romulus, but I could not get back to sector space. The "Depart System" button was greyed out.

So I tried all of these variations to get back to sector space:

SB to ship
SB to sector space
Embassy to ship
Dil mine to ship
Dil mine to sector space
New Romulus ground to ship

All of them have me ending up in system space around New Romulus.

Obviously I know a work-around, transwarp to another system. But this is a problem that should be looked into.

Also a quick question, as with my initial start, (Dil mine-sb-embassy-sb) where should I have ended out at when I exited to sector space? I always end up coming back to the last map I was in. (ie. BU from dil mine. EE from SB or TD from Embassy). Do not know if it is as intended or just a known problem they are not fixing?

Thank you,
Oram
Post edited by oram8 on

Comments

• nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I've had this happen to me before as well, under similar circumstances. I've also been unable to beam up from places like ESD and DS9 before for no apparent reason. Like you said the workaround is easy enough, but it's still frustrating having to transwarp somewhere at random to reset the sector space or beam up option.