test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Galaxy Class(es) "Venture" Costume Bug

kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I don't know what's going on with the Galaxy ships but today I purchased the Galaxy ship bundle pack and opted to customize the ship, as I do with each new ship I get. What happens? None of the Galaxy ships I acquired in the bundle pack will let me select the "Venture" costume for any of the Galaxy ships.

When I click "buy", I get a message that says that ship costume is already in my inventory. Note: The system via the pop-up window tells me that the Venture costume is "free". Not only that, but the same smaller pop-up window has the "OK" button grayed out. Attempting to see if this was just a glitch, I saved the "Venture" customization and then attempted to "load" the saved ship costume change. Now, I get a brand new error:

"Unable to use this costume in this slot due to type or old costume data"

Someone care to explain how purchasing the ships gives you the Venture costume and yet the STO system error message gives me back that reply? BTW, I've even tried logging out, re-logging back in and even exit the program and load back up, still keep getting the same error messages.

Anyone else having the same problem with the Venture costume? Obviously, this is affecting new purchases of the Galaxy ships because I've seen other fed character in-game flying around with the Venture class uniform on their ships.
possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
Post edited by kemcha on

Comments

• patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't select ANY costume,material or whatever
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Cryptic's patch messes up again. Why doesn't this surprise me?

*sigh*
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • dhalldevdhalldev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We've confirmed this issue internally (the "no Venture costume" issue). Due to the nature of the bundle, the Venture comes packed in a box, which is not the case if you just buy the ship individually. The error happens only if you get the Venture from the box. So ...

Try this workaround: discharge your Venture, then reclaim the individual Venture from the C-store (not from the bundle). This should properly grant you the costume for the ship.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks. I discharged both of the Galaxy refits and went back into the tailor and tried activating the Venture costume skin and it worked. Since this bug does appear when you open up all three ships, I think it's a glitch that Cryptic needs to address. :)
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ... delete this post please, sorry.