test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Easy Trick to Make the Galaxy (Alternative Term for Female Dog) Happy!

samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
I don't use the Galaxy and honestly don't give a TRIBBLE BUT I am tired of all the threads over the last week b*itching about it. So if this helps solve the issue than I shall consider it time well spent.

Make the Science LT. Universal... That's it!

More possible Tactical powers makes everyone happy without having to rework the whole ship!

EDIT: When reading any of my posts one will notice they are often dripping with sarcasm and jokes... Don't take them too seriously!
"When people ask stupid questions I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers."

Keltoi Class... fan design. You KNOW you want one In-game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by samt296 on

Comments

• mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    samt296 wrote: »
    I don't use the Galaxy and honestly don't give a TRIBBLE BUT I am tired of all the threads over the last week b*itching about it. So if this helps solve the issue than I shall consider it time well spent.

Make the Science LT. Universal... That's it!

More TAC powers makes everyone happy without having to rework the whole ship!

it is not going to happen, sorry.
  • samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    it is not going to happen, sorry.

Like I said I don't personally care, but if it makes them shut up im all for it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A ship totally devoid of any science abilities?
    Yeah that sounds like the Galaxy class.:rolleyes:

It would make a lot more sense to bring it in line with the other two ships with 5 Engy consoles.
    The Fleet Negh'var has the ensign uni while the Fleet Ha'apax has the Ltc uni.
    One of those options would alleviate most problems with this ship.
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Like I said I don't personally care, but if it makes them shut up im all for it!

as i said, Cryptic does not care and nothing is going to change, which means people are still going to complain about the Galaxy because it is a bad ship and should not be.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As eloquently put already, but drowned in a sea of whine

The problem isn't the Galaxy, it's the gameplay.

STO rewards one type of gameplay only, damage dealt and enemies killed.

This is why we see people asking for the Galaxy to be given 4 tactical slots and Lt. Cmdr. Tac boffs and what have you. Because it's all they know. It's all they care about. And what's funny is they aren't wrong.

If Cryptic made support and healing as desirable and rewarding as high dps, you would see people not only stop asking for tac-heavy Galaxy-class ships (or at least not as often), you might actually see people happy with their Galaxy ships just the way they are.

The Galaxy-class debate is a superficial symptom of the greater problem the game has of not rewarding diverse gameplay styles, in favor of focusing on dps.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • dcpuserdcpuser Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    As eloquently put already, but drowned in a sea of whine

The problem isn't the Galaxy, it's the gameplay.

STO rewards one type of gameplay only, damage dealt and enemies killed.

This is why we see people asking for the Galaxy to be given 4 tactical slots and Lt. Cmdr. Tac boffs and what have you. Because it's all they know. It's all they care about. And what's funny is they aren't wrong.

If Cryptic made support and healing as desirable and rewarding as high dps, you would see people not only stop asking for tac-heavy Galaxy-class ships (or at least not as often), you might actually see people happy with their Galaxy ships just the way they are.

The Galaxy-class debate is a superficial symptom of the greater problem the game has of not rewarding diverse gameplay styles, in favor of focusing on dps.

It falls in the same trap with every MMO trying to distance itself from the trinity setup. You either build content that supports tanking/healing/DPS or you make content that boils down to how fast you kill things. There is really no in between and barring any dramatic mechanics revamp from Cryptic these ships are really nothing more than skins for the DPS machine underneath.
    edited March 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    A ship totally devoid of any science abilities?
    Yeah that sounds like the Galaxy class.:rolleyes:

It would make a lot more sense to bring it in line with the other two ships with 5 Engy consoles.
    The Fleet Negh'var has the ensign uni while the Fleet Ha'apax has the Ltc uni.
    One of those options would alleviate most problems with this ship.

Well F*** me with a cheese-grater! I learned something new everybody! It turns out that UNIVERSAL Bridge Officer slots can only be used for Tactical officer! :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Let's bear in mind that the devs/producers plan their changes over 6 months in advance (if I read that correctly in a previous dev blog post).

It doesn't mean it's the right choice. But Cryptic has locked, loaded and scheduled their Galaxy ships release. It's a done deal. Release management is unleashing it this week.

Going back to make changes requires canceling the release. That isn't going to happen.

Cryptic/PWE:
    This is a great opportunity to understand how your game additions are impacting the player base.

Take this into account during the next planning session:
    • You've added loadout functionality.
    • You've monetized by allowing players to buy additional loadout slots from the C-Store.
    • What about offering a single Ensign or Lt. Universal console in the C-Store which adds a new, additional power slot on a ship?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    One day OP, you will be coming here, being dissatisfied about something that you think is important and b*tch about that.

When that time comes, I will remind you of this thread.

(BTW, I fly: Defiant, Ambassador, DysonFed, Valdore-class, Haakona, Peghqu'... so no personal interest in this)
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well F*** me with a cheese-grater! I learned something new everybody! It turns out that UNIVERSAL Bridge Officer slots can only be used for Tactical officer! :rolleyes:

Yeah because when you write:

"More TAC powers makes everyone happy without having to rework the whole ship!"

one might think the use of TAC officers in that slot could be implied.:rolleyes:
    edited March 2014
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Yeah because when you write:

"More TAC powers makes everyone happy without having to rework the whole ship!"

one might think the use of TAC officers in that slot could be implied.:rolleyes:

Well I assumed it was implied that a UNIVERSAL BOFF slot can be used anyway you want... My final sentence was to clarify that this would address the lack of TAC abilities which seems to be the main gripe about this ship.

Never-the-less next time I make a post I shall make sure to clarify that UNIVERSAL BOFF slots are indeed UNIVERSAL in such a way that even an Amoeba will understand.

PEACE OUT Y'ALL!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    One day OP, you will be coming here, being dissatisfied about something that you think is important and b*tch about that.

When that time comes, I will remind you of this thread.

(BTW, I fly: Defiant, Ambassador, DysonFed, Valdore-class, Haakona, Peghqu'... so no personal interest in this)

*shrug* ok. Any problems I have/ do have with the game are repaired in a timely fashion so I have no reason to post about them. The things I care about are like, fixing the annoying mail tool etc.

Not making an old, ugly, obsolete ship into the next Scimitar.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    This!

I frequently score highly in the CE Elite mission in my Fleet Nova. Not because of high DPS, but because the mission also acknowledges time/effort spent healing team-mates.

I think they're on the right track with CE and with the Voth stuff (where the enemies are different, and where the shields and stuff really move the fight away from the Borg STF style of engagement).

So I think things are slowly moving forward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    First off, I think we could at least ask for a mirror version of the galaxy to swap in a tac for an eng.

but secondly, My Sci captains are all about engineer heavy cruisers and are always at top in the points - How you play has a little something to do with it.

My current toon is the first one I built to have a galaxy and is only a couple levels away from the T4 - but she is rocking it in the PvE's with the Ambassador reward ship - always top 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU