test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is your beef with the Suliban Cell Ship?

no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
I for one am tired of this blatant bias against the red headed step child of the Star Trek franchise, Enterprise. On screen, the Suliban Cell Ship is basically Enterprise's equivalent to the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, but in game the Suliban's most iconic combat vessel isn't even designed for combat! What!?!?!!

As a fan of the Suliban trying to make this ship work, it's incredibly disappointing that the CSC starts off at a HUGE disadvantage to practically every single other vessel. It's missing 7 console slots, 3 bridge officer stations, multiple weapon hardpoints, and a massive amount of hull. And to rub salt in the wound, I can't even take it into the Borg STFs or PvP :( Not even small craft pvp :(:( (And where''s that cloaking device it CANONICALLY comes with?)

I can't think of any other iconic Star Trek warship that is as COMPLETELY underpowered and unviable as the cell ship. At the very least, this ship needs to be reclassified as a raider and have the stats to match. Please get it right!
Post edited by no09dysonsphere on

Comments

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's too old, duh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What's Cryptic's Beef with the Space-shuttle...it needs to be put at T5...then nerfed because it's already OP
    GwaoHAD.png
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The cell ship a warship?? you crazy?? I think you are talking about other ship.. i cant even remember seeing a Sulliban ship bigger than the 4 slot cell ship. The Cell ship is of the size of a shuttle, since it is supossed to be a transport ship, thats all. At least that is the cell ship i remember from enterprise. About the cloak.. i dont remember sulliban ships cloaked. Yes, Sullibans can cloak because its genetic constitution, but the ships its a different story.. maybe, honestly i cant remember.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    What's Cryptic's Beef with the Space-shuttle...it needs to be put at T5...then nerfed because it's already OP

Lockheed Martin said no. It's a licensing issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The trolling is strong here.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The cell ship a warship?? you crazy?? I think you are talking about other ship.. i cant even remember seeing a Sulliban ship bigger than the 4 slot cell ship. The Cell ship is of the size of a shuttle, since it is supossed to be a transport ship, thats all. At least that is the cell ship i remember from enterprise. About the cloak.. i dont remember sulliban ships cloaked. Yes, Sullibans can cloak because its genetic constitution, but the ships its a different story.. maybe, honestly i cant remember.

They could cloak, and in both Prime and Mirror universes Trip adapts one to work on Enterprise.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I for one am tired of this blatant bias against the red headed step child of the Star Trek franchise, Enterprise. On screen, the Suliban Cell Ship is basically Enterprise's equivalent to the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship, but in game the Suliban's most iconic combat vessel isn't even designed for combat! What!?!?!!

As a fan of the Suliban trying to make this ship work, it's incredibly disappointing that the CSC starts off at a HUGE disadvantage to practically every single other vessel. It's missing 7 console slots, 3 bridge officer stations, multiple weapon hardpoints, and a massive amount of hull. And to rub salt in the wound, I can't even take it into the Borg STFs or PvP :( Not even small craft pvp :( (And where''s that cloaking device it CANONICALLY comes with?)

I can't think of any other iconic Star Trek warship that is as COMPLETELY underpowered and unviable as the cell ship. At the very least, this ship needs to be reclassified as a raider and have the stats to match. Please get it right!

That makes neither sense as a legitimate complaint or a bad troll on the complaints about the Galaxy class. :confused:

As someone who does have the cell ship, which has a very functional cloaking device, I can assure you that it far more useful than any of the current Galaxy class variants with or without recently announced ..."revamp" out there. :)
  • no09dysonsphereno09dysonsphere Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That makes neither sense as a legitimate complaint or a bad troll on the complaints about the Galaxy class. :confused:

As someone who does have the cell ship, which has a very functional cloaking device, I can assure you that it far more useful than any of the current Galaxy class variants with or without recently announced ..."revamp" out there. :)

It's a regular cloak ... not a battle cloak.

Considering the Kumari is an end game ship and arguably so is the D'kyr it's only fair the Cell ship gets a revamp so it's at least usable ;)
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They are centuries old design. And they used to be very advanced ships from the Cabal. But not all the Suliban were part of the Cabal, and they died a long time ago. The Suliban from STO have no relation to this Cabal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'll bite too:

STO story dictates, that the Cabal fell apart shortly after the events in "Storm Front".

By then, all the future benefits, Technology, Genetic Re-sequencing and chit-chat with the future ended, and since the Suliban were already a nomadic species at the time of Enterprise, the species fell into a time of darkness.

By the time of STO, the remaining suliban had sold off loads of whatever valeuable tech they had left, and were getting by on scrapes and scrap.

Enterprise was also able of detecting the cloak protecting the suliban ships, which was btw significantly less advanced than the romulan cloak of the time, so that would be way out of date by the time of enterprise (it's unlikely that a scattered race would be able to bring up the coordination of maintaining research on those advanced tech.

On the above point, I see no need to even get started on the weapons.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lockheed Martin said no. It's a licensing issue.

Damn it Lockheed Martin :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You trollers just gave me nice idea, stfs in cell ship?
    2nhfgxf.jpg
    edited March 2014
    You trollers just gave me nice idea, stfs in cell ship?

Nope, Cryptic's beef with the cell ship keeps it out of STFs :( I tried, closest I've come is Breach Elite in a cell ship. Fun times.
    anazonda wrote: »
    I'll bite too:

STO story dictates, that the Cabal fell apart shortly after the events in "Storm Front".

By then, all the future benefits, Technology, Genetic Re-sequencing and chit-chat with the future ended, and since the Suliban were already a nomadic species at the time of Enterprise, the species fell into a time of darkness.

By the time of STO, the remaining suliban had sold off loads of whatever valeuable tech they had left, and were getting by on scrapes and scrap.

Enterprise was also able of detecting the cloak protecting the suliban ships, which was btw significantly less advanced than the romulan cloak of the time, so that would be way out of date by the time of enterprise (it's unlikely that a scattered race would be able to bring up the coordination of maintaining research on those advanced tech.

On the above point, I see no need to even get started on the weapons.

True, but this is a game where people are flying all sorts of out of date 22nd century ships, the T'varo, the D'kyr, the Kumari, you name it. Heck, even racing craft like the Risian corvette can get in on the action. So why can't I refit a cell ship as a raider? It obviously works except the beef, there's not even the threat of our CBS overlords casting their shadow over everything like there is with the Connie.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Stargate came into my mind...

Bra'tac: Perhaps if the warships of your world attack we will be able...
    Carter: (interrupting) Eh, excuse me... did you say 'the ships of our world'?
    Bra'tac: Surely you have such vessels?
    Jackson: Well, we have a number of...of...
    Jackson and O'Neill: Shuttles.
    Bra'tac: These... 'shuttles'... they are a formidable craft?
    O'Neill: Oh yeah... yeah... bad day...
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You are all missing the obvious: The SCS class is made up of dozens, if not hundreds, of individual ships. Where's the Super-MVAM console???
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • watsterwatster Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    you can bring it to azure nebula rescue :D
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Suliban cell ships can cloak just fine. Remember how Tucker had to get the cloak working, getting half his arm cloaked in the process?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bergins wrote: »
    You are all missing the obvious: The SCS class is made up of dozens, if not hundreds, of individual ships. Where's the Super-MVAM console???
    I've joked on multiple occasions that this should be added with the ability to have the pods detach in that fashion. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • xsupersnailxxsupersnailx Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    They are centuries old design. And they used to be very advanced ships from the Cabal. But not all the Suliban were part of the Cabal, and they died a long time ago. The Suliban from STO have no relation to this Cabal.

So is the NX class, but that's in the game as a playable starship
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    True, but this is a game where people are flying all sorts of out of date 22nd century ships, the T'varo, the D'kyr, the Kumari, you name it. Heck, even racing craft like the Risian corvette can get in on the action. So why can't I refit a cell ship as a raider? It obviously works except the beef, there's not even the threat of our CBS overlords casting their shadow over everything like there is with the Connie.

That may be true... However, you will find that I generally oppose said old timer ships, and that I don't fly them.

However, IF I were forced to provide an explanation (and I kinda am)... Let's look at the cell-ship.

(I am going to assume that we are taking the one that had grown in the episode where Reed lost his scanner).

- It generally holds one person, but can support 4-5.
    -From what I've seen, it must be using
    -- a micro warpcore
    -- is equipped with two phased weapon ports.
    - Granted, the STO variant is what... 30'ish docked together?

The NX 01, while being earths most advanced ship at the time, was in comparison still pretty weak, but was still 1o1 able to take on the cell ship. We've seen her take on several in fact.

All the other ships you've mentioned are generally bigger and COULD support more advanced and larger tech compared to the cell ship. Let's be pretty basic: The cell-ships ARE extremely small... It's unlikely that it could support the more advanced tech... Even if we put an effort into explaining it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    where''s that cloaking device it CANONICALLY comes with?)

Do you not think that the Sulliban would have different ship configurations for different uses.
    They are a mobile society with vessels that allow them to join the collective assembly. It makes
    perfectly good sense that the particular cell ship available to us, has a configuration just for
    trading and travel purposes.. oh, and last i checked.. it did have a cloaking device!
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Cell Ship and Tuffli are T1 ships. They are massive level 1-10 tanks, with twice the hull strenght of any other ship at that rank. They have strong engineering options, making the ship virtually impossible for B'rels to take down.

After that, its a ship you want for its interior. Not for anything else. She wasn't designed for combat, she should not do combat. Its a trading vessel, like the Tuffli. And I think that Traders will start doing combat the day that it is revealed that Q's Winter Wonderland was actually in Gre'thor.
  • thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the cell ships arent supposed to be offensive ships,they are really like the borg.a hive,they connect together to form a larger vessel,in enterprise it took a swarm of them to cripple enterprise,in the game there is no suliban faction so unfortunatly the ship is useless.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Suliban Cell Ship is HYPER-OP! What WE the PLAYERS need is a FLEET Scimitar WITH 6 FORE weapons.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    However, IF I were forced to provide an explanation (and I kinda am)... Let's look at the cell-ship.

(I am going to assume that we are taking the one that had grown in the episode where Reed lost his scanner).

- It generally holds one person, but can support 4-5.
    -From what I've seen, it must be using
    -- a micro warpcore
    -- is equipped with two phased weapon ports.
    - Granted, the STO variant is what... 30'ish docked together?

The NX 01, while being earths most advanced ship at the time, was in comparison still pretty weak, but was still 1o1 able to take on the cell ship. We've seen her take on several in fact.

All the other ships you've mentioned are generally bigger and COULD support more advanced and larger tech compared to the cell ship. Let's be pretty basic: The cell-ships ARE extremely small... It's unlikely that it could support the more advanced tech... Even if we put an effort into explaining it.

Problem is as you admitted the in game cell ship is 30 of the little pods docked together (some of the skins are practically a helix, we also have the cylindrical variant of the cell ship available), so it's not like we're weaponizing a 5 person pod here...
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    The Cell Ship and Tuffli are T1 ships. They are massive level 1-10 tanks, with twice the hull strenght of any other ship at that rank. They have strong engineering options, making the ship virtually impossible for B'rels to take down.

After that, its a ship you want for its interior. Not for anything else. She wasn't designed for combat, she should not do combat. Its a trading vessel, like the Tuffli. And I think that Traders will start doing combat the day that it is revealed that Q's Winter Wonderland was actually in Gre'thor.

Huh? The Suliban Cell Ship has 10k hull. That is exactly how much hull the tier 1 B'rel has. In fact hull plus shields the cell ship is equivalent to the Miranda. The only difference is the Cell Ship trades two ensign stations for a single lieutenant station.

And the whole point of this thread is that the cell ship as depicted on the show is a combat vessel, the whole trading vessel only TRIBBLE is non canonical BS. Besides, we have the Ferengi D'kora which functions as a trading vessel AND an end game cruiser so traders are already doing combat...
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love how people's biggest complaint about historical ship models in this game is their age.

Obviously they're not being built with 2409 techniques, technology, and materials. These are the same exact ships that were on screen 200 years ago. That's the only possibility.

:rolleyes:
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014

As a fan of the Suliban trying to make this ship work, it's incredibly disappointing that the CSC starts off at a HUGE disadvantage to practically every single other vessel. It's missing 7 console slots, 3 bridge officer stations, multiple weapon hardpoints, and a massive amount of hull. And to rub salt in the wound, I can't even take it into the Borg STFs or PvP :( Not even small craft pvp :(:( (And where''s that cloaking device it CANONICALLY comes with?)

enterprise and its phased cannons at the time could destroy suliban cell ships pretty quickly thats why the suliban swarm cell ships, safety in numbers. if anything the cell ship should be even worse then a shuttle in stats none upgraded, even with its one disruptor beam weapon it couldnt really damage enterprise that well, imagine shielding in the way, the suliban ships weapon wouldnt even make a dent in the shielding of any modern ship, even that of the connie or miranda class ships.

as i understand it, the cell ship has its own purpose and its internal space is far far too big for all the various different shapes on the outside. considering a single cell doesnt hold more then two suliban at most in a closed cramped cockpit.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited March 2014
    enterprise and its phased cannons at the time could destroy suliban cell ships pretty quickly thats why the suliban swarm cell ships, safety in numbers. if anything the cell ship should be even worse then a shuttle in stats none upgraded, even with its one disruptor beam weapon it couldnt really damage enterprise that well, imagine shielding in the way, the suliban ships weapon wouldnt even make a dent in the shielding of any modern ship, even that of the connie or miranda class ships.

as i understand it, the cell ship has its own purpose and its internal space is far far too big for all the various different shapes on the outside. considering a single cell doesnt hold more then two suliban at most in a closed cramped cockpit.

And jem'hadar attack ships blow up in practically every episode of DS9. The point is that the cell ship is a warship, it should be viable, right? It's not canonically a tuffli.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And jem'hadar attack ships blow up in practically every episode of DS9. The point is that the cell ship is a warship, it should be viable, right? It's not canonically a tuffli.

Why not? I played through almost the entire Klingon War arc in a Tuffli.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon