test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[BUG] Enhanced Battle Cloak

nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since yesterday it came to my attention that my EBC does not work as it supposed to:

problem is after i shoot my torps from my b'irel 's EBC and its return to cloak after 3 seconds as it should, it drops from cloak once again for no reason (as i am not shooting any target) before it gets back in cloak after 2-3 seconds again

i have tested several times and its always happening, and i am not even being hit with any weapons or skills from other players (or npc) that could possibly break the cloak on its own, its just drops from cloak a 2nd time for no reason since yesterday

EDIT: i must correct myself on the issue, its only happens when i got hit while i'm using attack pattern beta, tested several times and its always doing that while im under the affect of that attack pattern

EDIT2: attack patter delta makes an even uglier bug, it prevents getting back to cloak as long as the dmg res debuffs are getting applied on the attacker.. ( means as long as you are keep getting hit under pattern delta, you wont be able to go back in cloak )
Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
Post edited by nitefiuu on

Comments

• Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    Since yesterday it came to my attention that my EBC does not work as it supposed to:

problem is after i shoot my torps from my b'irel 's EBC and its return to cloak after 3 seconds as it should, it drops from cloak once again for no reason (as i am not shooting any target) before it gets back in cloak after 2-3 seconds again

i have tested several times and its always happening, and i am not even being hit with any weapons or skills from other players (or npc) that could possibly break the cloak on its own, its just drops from cloak a 2nd time for no reason since yesterday

EDIT: i must correct myself on the issue, its only happens when i got hit while i'm using attack pattern beta, tested several times and its always doing that while im under the affect of that attack pattern

EDIT2: attack patter delta makes an even uglier bug, it prevents getting back to cloak as long as the dmg res debuffs are getting applied on the attacker.. ( means as long as you are keep getting hit under pattern delta, you wont be able to go back in cloak )

If you yourself are hit with apb, it as you probably already know lowers your stealth value.

As for the apd I don't use this skill, and cannot provide advise for it other than I don't really think it is WAI.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    edited February 2014
    If you yourself are hit with apb, it as you probably already know lowers your stealth value.

lowering my stealth value has nothing to do with droping out of the cloak itself, means i should be still in cloak but beeing visible for my opponent

on the top of this, it has nothing to with the bug itself as during my test no abp or any other skills but weapon-fire was used by my opponent --> clearly my very own pattern beta breaks the cloak for a 2nd time

not to mention how pattern delta breaks the whole mechanism, read edit2
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    lowering my stealth value has nothing to do with droping out of the cloak itself, means i should be still in cloak but beeing visible for my opponent

on the top of this, it has nothing to with the bug itself as during my test no abp or any other skills but weapon-fire was used by my opponent --> clearly my very own pattern beta breaks the cloak for a 2nd time

not to mention how pattern delta breaks the whole mechanism, read edit2

Just to let you know also I have experienced time where my cloak will appear to drop making me visible, but it is only a glitch meaning I am only visible to myself but not to other's as my cloak is still actually working.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    just to let you know it is deeply tested and its not a visual glitch of sort but a 100% cloak drop as the opponent was seeing me again and was able to shoot

now lets not make any more hasty forum post counter growing comments but pray to the dev's bugfix department that the issue is getting addressed properly and fixed soon
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Under investigation.

Update:
    Issue verified and written up. Thanks for your report.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    just to let you know it is deeply tested and its not a visual glitch of sort but a 100% cloak drop as the opponent was seeing me again and was able to shoot

now lets not make any more hasty forum post counter growing comments but pray to the dev's bugfix department that the issue is getting addressed properly and fixed soon

Ok smartass, see if I ever try to offer up any help or advise in the future. :mad:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Under investigation.

Update:
    Issue verified and written up. Thanks for your report.

Thank you

on further note in my testings i have found a single player where the pattern beta did not broke the cloak for a second time but that is all so far, as vs any other players the cloak do go broke up for a second time upon a hit

in pve //vs. NPC's like cure elite and so on// it is breaks each and every time on the use of the patterns //beta+delta// as written in the opening post

pattern alpha and omega are working as they should, did not produce cloak issues