test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion for Science Destroyer Cannons

hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
So, I have already established that the cannons that come as part of the new Dyson Science Destroyers are called Dual Heavy Cannons when they are clearly NOT "Heavy" because they lack the critical severity bonus.

I have already suggested that this be put in but then upon further consideration I came to a different conclusion...

Seems how this is the only other "pure" Protonic weapon why not make it behave much like the EPW from the Dyson rep? Make it have the properties of both a Dual Beam Bank and a Dual Cannon, increase the proc rate up to 50% of critical hits, allow it to do equally good damage to shields and hull, allow it to use beam range calculations for damage, and allow it to use all beam and cannon abilities.

For the last part you could make it so that it gets the full beam and cannon abilities only with the EPW with its set if you wanted as well.

While we are talking about that PLEASE allow both to use subsystem targeting.
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have to admit, I'd actually be interested in them doing that.

Considering the fact that you're stuck with this weapon no matter what when using a Dyson Science Destroyer of any kind, it should be at least up to par with the kinds of things you can get at max level.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    theoryfive wrote: »
    I have to admit, I'd actually be interested in them doing that.

Considering the fact that you're stuck with this weapon no matter what when using a Dyson Science Destroyer of any kind, it should be at least up to par with the kinds of things you can get at max level.

I agree. if it cannot be unequipped, then it needs to be on par with top of the line weapons. Unfortunately, this means that they would have to constantly update it with the amount of power creep in this game. More than likely, they will just tell us that it is the "balance" that comes with flying this ship.
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    I agree. if it cannot be unequipped, then it needs to be on par with top of the line weapons. Unfortunately, this means that they would have to constantly update it with the amount of power creep in this game. More than likely, they will just tell us that it is the "balance" that comes with flying this ship.

I hope not... Because that would be incorrect.

However, this upgrade and the ability to use subsystem targeting on the EPW would be a major boon that would, I think, really make both feel a lot more worth having slotted rather than just something you are sadly stuck with.