Install Arc
Options

STO Website migration

Comments

• Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    voicesdark wrote: »
    you obviously have absolutely no idea on how to track what cookies and their type that are being placed on your system by specific websites, etc. Even PWE goes into explaining exactly what type of cookies they are adding onto your system including 3rd party and advertising ones. There are plenty of browser addons and websites that will collect all data about what cookies are on your system, purpose and supplier. I highly suggest you find one of those that suits your system, then delete all cookies on your system and then come back to the arc and sto websites and really see what is being added. It's a lot more than just the google analytics and facebook connect.

simply using something like adblock doesn't stop them from being added to your system, it just stops you from seeing the ads.

You are still misinformed so whatever, you are a lost cause. I know what is tracked as I have been using arc from day 1 so whatever.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Q
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Q
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Well reasoning doesn't work. Logic doesn't work. Humor doesn't work. I guess you're just one of those types that's always bitter no matter what. Carry on. Clearly nothing I say is going to change your opinion. Continue to stew in your own juices. No skin off my nose. The only one that loses is you.

...wow.

The hypocrisy in this comment is just freaking unbelievable.

I am clearly wasting my time and energy on you. Good-bye.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    ...now you're just flat-out lying.

I have given criticism of ARC, arcgames.com, the new forums, and the new website on MULTIPLE occasions. Go and take a look. I even offered some constructive criticism upthread.

And sorry if you think that "the new site looks like it was put together by spastic chimps" is not constructive; it's true. The new site is ugly and unprofessional.

I've read the entire thread and can confirm absolutely NOTHING you've said would even loosely be considered "constructive criticism". All you want to do is complain. And then you wonder why you and others like you aren't taken seriously and are summarily ignored, and why you're they only ones who ever post in the forums (hint: it's because you attack and turn off everyone else who actually wants to have an adult discussion).

Oh, and what I don't like about PWE? I hate what they did to Champions, which I no longer play. I have a long-standing beef regarding their homophobic naming policy. I didn't not at all like having to give up my Cryptic username when they merged the forums even though I had the name first. I think lock-boxes are pretty stupid, and I'm not particularly happy the way everything in STO gets increasingly monetized and the monthly stipend increasingly devalued. But it's the way things are, I see no need or point to continually ***** and moan about it, especially in the forums. It's not productive, no one in charge cares what I think, and no amount of complaining is going to change it. You accept things you can't change the way they are and get on with your life. It's called being an adult. You should try it sometime. You might actually like it.
  • Options
    kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's ok, captfabulous. Some people just want to complain to complain.

My 2 cents. The website should've been went over with a fine tooth comb before pushing it out to the users (links, articles, etc..)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I've read the entire thread and can confirm absolutely NOTHING you've said would even loosely be considered "constructive criticism". All you want to do is complain. And then you wonder why you and others like you aren't taken seriously and are summarily ignored, and why you're they only ones who ever post in the forums (hint: it's because you attack and turn off everyone else who actually wants to have an adult discussion).
    You're just making baseless allegations now. I very clearly said that I found the site as it was to be a draw when I was considering STO, and that I find the new site to be a turn-off. Really, it doesn't get any more clear than that.
    Oh, and what I don't like about PWE? I hate what they did to Champions, which I no longer play. I have a long-standing beef regarding their homophobic naming policy. I didn't not at all like having to give up my Cryptic username when they merged the forums even though I had the name first. I think lock-boxes are pretty stupid, and I'm not particularly happy the way everything in STO gets increasingly monetized and the monthly stipend increasingly devalued. But it's the way things are, I see no need or point to continually ***** and moan about it, especially in the forums. It's not productive, no one in charge cares what I think, and no amount of complaining is going to change it. You accept things you can't change the way they are and get on with your life. It's called being an adult. You should try it sometime. You might actually like it.

There. OK. So you have some issues. I don't like homophobia at ALL (although I haven't encountered anything openly homophobic in-game or on the website so far), and I can see your issue with the forums, and the monetization does bug me to an extent, although I do find the lockboxes to be kind of fun*. I haven't played Champions yet, but I have considered it in the past.

I prefer resistance to things I don't like to passive compliance. Compliance is one-sided; the executives get what they want, and the customers and lower-ranked company people get screwed. Hit Perfect World in their wallets, where it hurts, and hopefully they will change.

* I freely admit that the lockbox system is YMMV. I just get high mileage out of it.
  • Options
    warlockx1warlockx1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This new ARC Site is freaking TRIBBLE. Where in the hell is the link to the forums? ?

Will I still be able to use my Steam account? I do NOT want ARC. Not that PW gives a TRIBBLE since most everything i read is anti-ARC yet here we are getting an ARC TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it just me who seems to have to sign in every single time I visit the site, even though I have it set to stay signed in?
    I really love the new *koff* "feature" where clicking the "keep me logged in" button does nothing beyond showing a checkmark in the box and then I have to log in next visit anyway.

Consider that a big, loud "Oh, hell no!"

EDIT: And can y'all please make the site a little slower- at the good times, it's almost as fast as molasses on a winter morning.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    At least put the Star Trek logo up there so we can identify the game because it almost looks like the simple text "Star Trek Online" was added as an afterthought. And choose a background image that is identifiable to the franchise, that Dyson wallpaper could be confused for something belonging to any of dozens of different games out there that have nothing to do with Star Trek.
    Is it really necessary for it to be so bland looking? Even using the new format, why washed out and grey?

If it weren't for copyright issues I really think you should replace the Arc logo with a Borg cube or Sauron's Ring, I think either of those images would be appropriate for the unstoppable juggernaught that Arc appears to have become.
    I just don't see the point of this, aggressive advertising is not going to make PWE's other games or the Arc interface itself any more appealing to people who are not interested in them, but I can read the writing on the wall, in spite of the comments to contrary by people with promising futures in politics, the evidence is becoming pretty clear that the Arc interface will be forced on us eventually.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This site migration is a total fail.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1030131 Friday Screenshot Available - 2/21/2014

Still you can't get your friggen links right. Clicking pwecatainsmirk's "Link to Gallery" just takes you to here http://games.arcgames.com/en/prod/star-trek-online/media where there are no screenshots. Just a bunch of videos. :mad:
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This site migration is a total fail.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1030131 Friday Screenshot Available - 2/21/2014

Still you can't get your friggen links right. Clicking pwecatainsmirk's "Link to Gallery" just takes you to here http://games.arcgames.com/en/prod/star-trek-online/media where there are no screenshots. Just a bunch of videos. :mad:

Damn ninjad on my own post, lol...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1030131
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Actually the screenshot is so on the media page. Just use your dang scroll bar and you will see it there. Learn to look before you cry.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Actually the screenshot is so on the media page. Just use your dang scroll bar and you will see it there. Learn to look before you cry.

There is no Friday screenshot gallery when you click on any of the so called links, there is also zero mention of screenshot gallery on media page, maybe you should look again? There is a image/link on the news page that links to the screenshot info page then links back to media...
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rhoric wrote: »

Well exscuuuuse me princess!

I see it NOW. The screenshots are right under the videos without being separated by a "Screenshots" label. I thought those "screenshots" were links to dev blogs or something because there is nothing to indicate they are screenshots. How was I to know clicking on it will give me a picture and not take me to a friggen web page?

I stand by my statement: this website migration is a total fail. :mad:

Edit: I bet you're the type of person that stays awake all night to see if you snore in your sleep.

Edit: Oh! I didn't notice the drop down under the "Product Page" button. I see now that I can have it show screenshots only. Good job Craptic!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Um, you do realize that pretty much EVERY SINGLE SITE you visit on the Internet uses cookies to track you, and the vast majority of them are for advertising purposes, right?

But somehow it's a big deal because PWE does it too? Please explain.

Ghostery is awesome.

Thanks to it, I realize that the sto-forum just has 4 cookies, Adroll, Facebook Connect, Google Analytics, and Google Adsense.

Arcgames, by contrast has 3, DoubleClick, Facebook Connect, and Google Analytics.

And a site like, say stowiki has 9, Adtech, Coull, DoubleClick, GoogleAnalytics, Lotame, netRatings SiteCensus, PubMatic, ScoreCard Research Beacon, and Twitter Badge.

It's fairly interesting.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You've called me that 3 times now, and I have tried my best to be civil towards you.

Then I'd have to say that you've got a reeeeeeeal funny idea what being "civil" is. Or you know what it actually means, and your best is just very, very weak.
  • Options
    boblfoot812boblfoot812 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reading thru the wiki makes it sound like you earn dilithium for minutes of play. I have not found this to be true. Only certain mission on the Federation Track seem to give you dilithoum. Being the cheap scotch-irishman that I am, i have to ask. What have people found the easiest way to amass a dilithium stockpile?
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd be real refreshing to have someone at Cryptic post "Yeah it sucks, but PWE owns us and we can't do anything about it." I'd respect them more than this false enthusiasm for the TRIBBLE that's getting shoveled on us. It's insulting if they think the false enthusiasm is fooling anyone.
    Then I'd have to say that you've got a reeeeeeeal funny idea what being "civil" is. Or you know what it actually means, and your best is just very, very weak.

Guys, we're here to whine and [female dog] about the website, go online and PvP each other till you get it out of your systems! ;)
  • Options
    paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey Captains!

As you can tell, STO has been officially migrated over to the new Arc website layout. You will now automatically be redirected to this site and no longer the old one. We want to inform you that this does NOT mean Arc is mandatory, and that you can still access your games through the old launchers. As always, we are aware of player concerns, so if you have any feedback or questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Sparkiesoft and the Arc Team

Oh we noticed... its shocking

I cant find stuff i want, searches direct us to the old site anyway so that is useless, the load time is atrocious, half the images never load and shockwave constantly crashes while trying to view the website as well.

Thank god i can get to the forums without going through that, just hope i never want a lifetime sub as that page doesnt even seem to exist at the moment.
  • Options
    paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    warlockx1 wrote: »
    This new ARC Site is freaking TRIBBLE. Where in the hell is the link to the forums? ?

Will I still be able to use my Steam account? I do NOT want ARC. Not that PW gives a TRIBBLE since most everything i read is anti-ARC yet here we are getting an ARC TRIBBLE.

Its just the website design that matches the one they use on ARC nothing else has changed.
  • Options
    leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,345 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've been comparing the Arc site with the PWE site. Scrap Arc...it's what the players want to happen, and I agree. Not only is it poorly formatted text wise, but the values it gives for purchasing Zen are unbelievable! PWE site gives a far better range for values to pay, the ARC site limits you to a minimum of 9.99 euros, 19.99 euros, then jumps to 49.99 euros and the spread gets even larger. The PWE lists smaller values and you can select your payment method 1st.

You would have thought that when displaying news items, the site would actually highlight them, instead we have a load of bland titles with-in tiles. It's the same with the guides page...I think I'll need a guide to understand the guide. It's spread so far down the page it's unreal. That goes for the Media Section as well. Has whoever created this ever heard of a Table of Contents?? It needs to be quick, easy and simple to find out what you need to know, and there are more than enough people out there are a too lazy to read on top of that!! I don't want to have to spend hours searching for that 1 bit of info I need to answer a question that someone else was too damned lazy to look for themselves, and I'm not exaggerating! Which reminds me to ask for an alteration to the tutorial, so that 1st time players MUST do the required actions or reading before joining the main game!! Lol!!!

As for the Launcher...sorry, but I'm keeping the original. All my games are in a folder, on my desktop, so I don't need a program to keep them in 1 place, or feed me info I just don't need or want. STO is the online MMO client based game I play, I'm not interested in anymore. If it comes to being forced to go thru ARC to play STO then sorry, I got other games and consoles to play. I've paid for a few ships, certain more than the RRP of a console game, so I ain't a freeloader either.

This 'All-in-one' idea is just a marketting ploy that serves no real purpose at all, except to try to sell. It offers no benefit as I can launch straight into the game from my desktop, rather than waiting to log-in to Arc, then waiting to log-in to the game. When I'm just about to start STO, I literally make every resource on my system available for the game, nothing else. Last thing I need is another 'monitor' program sucking resources and ruining my beautiful game.

STO is a great game, one I'm trying to get friends into. When they are told to download ARC by the website, some didn't even bother with the game. When I first downloaded STO, all I had to do was download the Client engine and that's it. Turn the thing off, and concentrate on the game!:mad::mad::mad:
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • Options
    extremis0extremis0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    so um......yeah how to use thiS !!!! i...i am totally lost now. toke me like 2 min to find the forums to realize its in me face.

AT least put back the tab that shows weather the server up or not....and come on
    i cant even find the tribble transfer page.

THANK YOU ARK YOU CHUCK NORRIS MY BRAIN :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know I never noticed that til you said it, that they removed lower level Zen purchases. And the purchase bonuses appear to have been lowered as well.

And I agree about the interest in the other games, they really are no different than Neverwinter. So I have less interest of ever playing in them. It's just Eastern grind games that I'll never play. Already got a "job" playing the grind game in STO. And that grind is why I'm looking at the competition, to actually have fun for a change.
  • Options
    xr3llxxr3llx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    drugs are bad mmmmmkay
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited February 2014
    Well I can see the ninjas are out in force doing everything they can within the rules to shoot down any negative remarks and feedback. I presume this way they can later skew numbers and say that huge swaths of the populace loved the Arc TRIBBLE and almost no one disliked it.