test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot claim Fer'Jai/S'kul pets for my Kar'Fi.

vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have purchased the Fleet Kar'Fi Battle Carrier, but cannot purchase Fer'Jai or S'kul pets from the EC store, Dilithium Store or Fleet store.

Here is the error I receive when trying to purchase them:

http://i.imgur.com/Lvm5qnr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wOoyhO6.jpg

As such, she sits in the shipyard - ugly, unused, and unloved.
Post edited by vagius on

Comments

• spectreofwar604spectreofwar604 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm having the same issue. Just decided to grab the Kar'fi and naturally I want to upgrade by pets; no dice.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If I remember correctly you have to buy the c-store version to unlock the pets, not just the fleet version.
    edited February 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    If I remember correctly you have to buy the c-store version to unlock the pets, not just the fleet version.

That would be both dumb (as the only thing in the C-store that says anything about it being exclusive is the console, which I neither want nor need) and unfair as who gets a carrier in which you can buy NONE of the associated pets for?

Read: I'm not spending a further however much zen to unlock something for a ship I already paid for via extra modules that it should already come with, only to get an inferior ship and a console I'll never use. I'm calling 'bug' on this one. There is no indication whatsoever that the pets require the C-store Kar'fi specifically, and the only mention thereafter is once the purchase of the Fleet Kar'fi is done does it say I still need the Kar'fi (as in the OP's attached screencaps).

The console is a c-store unlock without question, like every other c-store ship. The pets were never mentioned, and shouldn't be a c-store unlock.
    edited February 2014
    I am talking from memory here so I could be wrong. The unlock of the ship specific carrier pets is an account wide unlock, which only happens with c-store ships not fleet ships. This is why I said that I think you need to buy the c-store version to unlock them.

You can call bug on it as much as you like, and I hope that is the case as I personally think they should be available to those who have bought the fleet ships, after all they cost zen too, more so if you don't have the c-store ship. However if my memory is correct then it is working as intended and so nothing will be done.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    A lot of requirements specifications about ships are wrong or outdated, and since cryptic never bothered to check that out, its possible that some ships has the incorrect requirements specified.
    edited February 2014
    A lot of requirements specifications about ships are wrong or outdated, and since cryptic never bothered to check that out, its possible that some ships has the incorrect requirements specified.

If that's the case, then the incorrect description/lack of any mention whatsoever is the 'bug' (although why let us have the basic Fehkiri fighters when any other version is restricted? To tease us?).

If that's the case, then I'd like SOMEbody official to weigh in on it, so I can redirect my annoyance as I'd have spent my currency elsewhere and not on the extra modules. This isn't the only carrier I could have purchased; I chose this for the combination of looks and pets. Had I known the scope of zen investment, I'd never have bought it.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its just bugged ... you can buy Elite Fleet BOPs with mirror Vo'Quv (a plain old RA ship). Its just bugged. They will fix it one day when they roll back around to KDF.
    edited February 2014
    Its just bugged ... you can buy Elite Fleet BOPs with mirror Vo'Quv (a plain old RA ship). Its just bugged. They will fix it one day when they roll back around to KDF.

I'm hoping that's the case, it makes sense that way. At least then I'll keep flying the thing with different pets, but on the chance that the other two posters are correct it'd be nice to read something about that. I haven't found any official mention in my search one way or another.
    edited February 2014
    Why was this moved to C-Store & promotions?

This isn't a zen issue, it's a bug as described by the OP. The objects in question are available outside of the C-store.
    edited February 2014
    Why was this moved to C-Store & promotions?

This isn't a zen issue, it's a bug as described by the OP. The objects in question are available outside of the C-store.

More than likely someone thought the OP was talking about the c-store version of the ship and not being able to get them. Either way it still doesn't make sense because as you say it is about a bug.

Well here's hoping it's a bug. Atleast that means it might get fixed at some point.
    edited February 2014
    decronia wrote: »
    More than likely someone thought the OP was talking about the c-store version of the ship and not being able to get them. Either way it still doesn't make sense because as you say it is about a bug.

Well here's hoping it's a bug. Atleast that means it might get fixed at some point.

Yes, here's hoping.

And the OP specified right in the opening sentence that it was the Fleet one... I just hope it gets attention even though it's been moved!