test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 13, 2014) [Completed]

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, February 13th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No new ship hull types yet. :( Is there any way to turn off that annoying pop up equip window when you click on stuff geared on your ships?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Are the rewards for "Bringing Down The House" getting fixed as well?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice patch notes for my birthday tomorrow. :D

But........are the loadout slots from the c-store single character purchase or account wide purchase?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Looks good. You pwn, Trevor.

Also, what the last two guys said.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nice patch notes for my birthday tomorrow. :D

But........are the loadout slots from the c-store single character purchase or account wide purchase?

They are per character according to branflakes. I had asked the same question when it was suppose to come out with s8.5 originally on the dev blog thread.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    any word on fixing the fed sci destroyer's nacelle bug please :(
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reclaim Tab:
    In the Dilithium store found in "Special Items and Boxes", captains can now reclaim:
    All unique weapons, items, and consoles on lockbox ships.
    All unique weapons, items, and consoles on lobi ships.
    All unique weapons, items, and consoles on special event ships such as:
    The Breen Raider, Breen Warship, Risian Corvette, Dyson Ships, and Obelisk.
    These are not new items and cannot be obtained without owning the associated ship.
    This reclaim tab was created for those times where these items were accidentally destroyed.
    The items will not be visible in the store unless the captain owns the associated ship and the item is not in your personal inventory.
    The items will cost 0 Dilithium.

I see no mention of being able to reclaim the lockbox/lobi/event ships themselves. Am I misreading this or are we only going to be able to get the gear off the ships but never the ships themselves?
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Reclaim Tab:
    In the Dilithium store found in "Special Items and Boxes", captains can now reclaim:
    All unique weapons, items, and consoles on lockbox ships.
    All unique weapons, items, and consoles on lobi ships.
    All unique weapons, items, and consoles on special event ships such as:
    The Breen Raider, Breen Warship, Risian Corvette, Dyson Ships, and Obelisk.
    These are not new items and cannot be obtained without owning the associated ship.
    This reclaim tab was created for those times where these items were accidentally destroyed.
    The items will not be visible in the store unless the captain owns the associated ship and the item is not in your personal inventory.
    The items will cost 0 Dilithium.

I see no mention of being able to reclaim the lockbox/lobi/event ships themselves. Am I misreading this or are we only going to be able to get the gear off the ships but never the ships themselves?
    You can reclaim the gear of the ships if you lose the gear, but not the ships.
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can reclaim the gear of the ships if you lose the gear, but not the ships.

This mechanic needs to be explained more in depth, but I guess we'll see all about it tomorrow. For instance if you no longer have the ship altogether, can you reclaim gear that came on it? The entire mechanic is fairly generalized and afaik there isn't a lot of specifics about it yet.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited February 2014
    wish they were fixing more bugs rather than introducing more new content, thus ensuring something else that used to work will now be discovered broken.

:eek:
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can only reclaim gear that came on 'special' (anniversary, Lobi, Lockbox,...) ships when you have the ship in question and delete the given gear.

You can't reclaim a ship that you'd have deleted nor should you be able to reclaim the gear from ships you deleted.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    When are you going to fix the only simple bug of the game. Saving the VIDEO OPTIONS. Each time, when I start up, the game goes into widowed mode, while I have saved it in Full Screen mode. Each time I need to maximize the window or else I can't use the option button, and then revert it back to FULL SCREEN. It's not an issue when I start up the game for the first time, but it's a pest when you crash out during team event and trying to return as quickly as possible. :(
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    10-packs-only per character, spent on specific ships huh? Not sure how I feel about this. If I could spread the 'tokens' among my characters via the account bank that might be useful, but not sure I'm going to need to jump from 2 to 12. I guess we'll see what the pricing is...
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I hope they fixed the EV suit bug. I really didn't like my romulan in her EV suit with only the legs showing, rest of body in uniform, and walking around headless.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • shireknightshireknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aw dagnabbit maintenance got me again, I only get Thursdays and Saturdays off and for the last couple of weeks maintenance has always taken place on a Thursday smack bang right in the middle of our afternoon (UK time) :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Loving the sound of the lock box/lobi reclaim item from ship feature.
    If only it extended to C-Store ship items too...

f2pdrakron wrote: »
    As I said, cannot into English.
    A mountain a mole hill does not make.

Edit:
    Oh, and the saga continues
    KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Aw dagnabbit maintenance got me again, I only get Thursdays and Saturdays off and for the last couple of weeks maintenance has always taken place on a Thursday smack bang right in the middle of our afternoon (UK time) :(

It's always been Thursday, at the same time, unless there is a US holiday.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • shindaggershindagger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Resolved an issue which was requiring purchase of the Counselor Troi costume when Romulan females attempted to wear the Romulan Republic outfit.

It wasn't only Romulan females experiencing this. It happened on my Vulcan Fed. Has the issue with the loose TOS female upper been resolved? There is a photo of the bug in my profile photos.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Loving the sound of the lock box/lobi reclaim item from ship feature.
    If only it extended to C-Store ship items too...

A mountain a mole hill does not make.

Edit:
    Oh, and the saga continues

You can reclaim all c-store ships for free and they come with ALL standard equipment and any special gear. So if you accidentally deleted a special console from a c-store ship, then discharge the ship and reclaim it again.
  • mikec1013mikec1013 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How about a fix for allowing KDF captains back into Delta Volanis?? It's not even listed in the known issues, but it's been a known issue for MONTHS!
  • tardes13tardes13 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2014

What does this mean ?

What are "these" and what about "new items" ?

Have we been talking about "new items" sofar ?
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can reclaim all c-store ships for free and they come with ALL standard equipment and any special gear. So if you accidentally deleted a special console from a c-store ship, then discharge the ship and reclaim it again.

Correct. If you have the ship slots.
    Commissioning and decommissioning a ship just to grab a special item from it, is totally unnecessary. Just poor design (well no thought given to it anyway).

Having those items in the reclaim tab too, or simply just available via quick equip, would be good.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There is no error explaining that loadouts and quick equip will not work if the captain?s inventory is full.

Translation: we ignored any and all feedback regarding 'dumping to inventory and Overflow Bag issues, and released the system 'as is' anyway; and thus we have no way to explain to you, without looking silly, why we dump to inventory regardless. We decided to 'solve' this by simply not mentioning the inventory at all.'

This *will* get messy. I explained why on various Tribble threads, in various posts.

/hands you a preemptive "I told you so!"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yeah. Except the whole Discharging ships thingy is broken to begin with.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mortuus2408mortuus2408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just a quick question

Is it possible that the Device Slots are bugged or broken?

For 2 Days i am not able to use them, items don't appear in my tray.:(
    Simplication Award Winner
    Admirals Log Stardate....aaaahm....whats today's Stardate?
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's entirely cosmetic, but it bugs me that the Intrepid-class warp nacelles don't lock into warp mode when you fly through sector space. No mention of a fix for this in tonight's patch, can I at least assume the team is aware of this problem and are working towards a fix for it sooner rather than later?
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Translation: we ignored any and all feedback regarding 'dumping to inventory and Overflow Bag issues, and released the system 'as is' anyway; and thus we have no way to explain to you, without looking silly, why we dump to inventory regardless. We decided to 'solve' this by simply not mentioning the inventory at all.'

This *will* get messy. I explained why on various Tribble threads, in various posts.

/hands you a preemptive "I told you so!"

I was thinking this system was so, i don't need to keep all set's/consolose/weapons in my inventory but when i use it they will drop all it not use in the inventory..
    It could be a great thing for me, love make builds, test new set-ups but with 8 weapons, 10 consoles, sets it mean i need to have 22 empty inventory spaces, if i switch they get filled and then i can't switch anymore cause my inventory is full, and can't get my loot after a stf.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Known Issue:

KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots.

Am i shocked no
    have i cash for more slots yes am i buying more slots to this is fixed NO!
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Glad that the loadout active doffs got included into the build but very disappointed that the feedback for dumping items from loadouts into the inventory was ignored, swap a couple of loadouts and your inventory is full even if you have extra inventory slots...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.