test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Shuttle & Lobi via Arc

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
Nice to know these players get extra's, but what about those who play via steam ?
When Star Trek Online came available on steam I played via steam but never received a bonus, thanks to those who misused the system and let it run without playing STO.

So I would like a bonus to !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Steamrunner Ship not available to non-steam users.

Your ship trumps our costume, Shuttle and 20 Lobi.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    All promotions have terms and conditions. As pointed out those of use not using steam didn't get the ship. Therefore those not using ARC don't get the lobi and shuttle. Even with that offer I am not tempted to install ARC therefore I don't get the lobi and shuttle either.
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well I never had the chance to get the steam runner and now they get it because they switch to arc, and from steam we had to run for several hours before we could get the steam runner, I know it is marketing but I don't find it fair to those who played for years on steam or the Original server. Thats my point !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Well I never had the chance to get the steam runner and now they get it because they switch to arc, and from steam we had to run for several hours before we could get the steam runner, I know it is marketing but I don't find it fair to those who played for years on steam or the Original server. Thats my point !!!

life is not fair. as soon as you self entitled kids get that into your head the better.
  • diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They don't want you to play with Steam, they want you to play with Arc exclusively. Hence the bribes to leave the superior piece of software to join its inferior clone. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »

I can't take advantage of some promotions because I don't have a twitter or facebook account. I went shopping at a store I have used for years and missed out on a BOGOF (Buy One Get One Free) offer that ended on Sunday for an item I liked.

One of my friends couldn't take advantage of the code promotions when they first started using texting for them, before they had to add a website option, because he didn't own a mobile at the time.

To do with the game they ran a free stuff thing a while back and some couldn't take advantage of it as they had already bought the items previously.

Welcome to the world of promotions where things aren't fair, and things aren't going to change anytime soon.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh look its this thread again...
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You can purchase the steam starter pack if you really want the Steamrunner that badly. As for arc players, I doubt they'll have the chance to purchase any of the items that were given away for free so stop your complaining.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nothing is free, they sold their souls via ARC to get these things.... PWE owns them for eternity muwhahaha MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have the steamrunner and I don't use steam. As I remember you had to install the steam application, get an account, the ship package was a sale. And then you could start STO and claim the ship bundle.

For the Arc presents, you have to start the game via Arc. After getting the presents, you can still play STO with its normal launcher. We can be sure that the standard launcher will be replaced by the Arc launcher. I really cannot see what the issue is here and I do like the presents.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still don't get why people are in such arms over ARC over steam. And who gives two hoots, got a nice shiny and some lobi to help 1 character get the dyson ship a tad faster. Yippee.

Only reason I have arc, is because I sometimes play neverwinter. It's really not that horrible.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • saihung423saihung423 Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It isn't horrible in my experience. I've not had to reinstall ever or anything. Doesn't slow me down, doesn't give me pop ups.

If I had anything negative ever happen in regards to ARC I can't figure out what it was..
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ARC is nice, when you get the urge to play some Neverwinter, Champions, and Blacklight (which is pretty good for a free game if you like Ghost Recon Online) and then do a quick uninstall.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried ARC when it first came out and it killed me. It was a huge resource hog. I got rid of it as fast as I could.

Got tempted by the Khan outfit. Backed up my install, then loaded ARC. No troubles. None. Same machine, same configuration.

So, thanks for the Lobi and Shuttle. Thanks very much
    :D
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here, I made popcorn.

Beauty. I put the cooler over there, help yourself.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    srafaorasp wrote: »
    life is not fair. as soon as you self entitled kids get that into your head the better.

people like you are the reason why the STO community has gone to ****.
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Only one problem with arc, it times out 7 or more times before I can login to the damn thing, I've sent several feedback reports about it with no response. They fix that and I'm golden.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
    edited February 2014
    people like you are the reason why the STO community has gone to ****.

I'd think the decline has more to do with folks like the OP stamping their feet demanding handouts myself, but to each their own. -shrug-
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I used Steam and have the Blockade Runners, Which Steam still sells for $24.99 in the http://store.steampowered.com/app/9908/ I don't recall Steam giving me ANYTHING free for STO.

Now I also use ARC simultaneously and I love both.

I would hate to see STO go offline like other games in the past. So I support the game I love and am privileged to do so for FREE, and yet I purchased lifetime and accept the game as it is offered to me. PWE and Cryptic work harder than most if not all other MMO providers.

I don't know of any other game better than STO overall. Some even demand a monthly fee and I still don't see them as good as STO.

Enjoy your free gifts all, I know I am.

-Captain Krow
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Apparently ARC continues to communicate with some entity on the net once your game is running.

If someone will just tell me whats happening there, I'd be most appreciative.

And, until someone does, no trace of ARC is going near any of my precious digital fluids.
    edited February 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    PWE doesn't care about Steam. They want you on ARC.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Apparently ARC continues to communicate with some entity on the net once your game is running.

If someone will just tell me whats happening there, I'd be most appreciative.

And, until someone does, no trace of ARC is going near any of my precious digital fluids.

gee so does google if you are logged in, or any other website. Nothing new here pal. And guess what when you start arc then start STOL launcher, you can shut ARC off and nothing bad happens.

I know amazing concept.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    gee so does google if you are logged in, or any other website. Nothing new here pal. And guess what when you start arc then start STOL launcher, you can shut ARC off and nothing bad happens.

I know amazing concept.
    Yep, and google just took a fine for not respecting the user privacy in my country.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    talonxv wrote: »

I know amazing concept.

And the sarcastic tone was utterly un-necessary.

I've simply been asking it it can be shut off, or if it is in some way necessary and a benefit to me.

Pal.
    edited February 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    And the sarcastic tone was utterly un-necessary.

I've simply been asking it it can be shut off, or if it is in some way necessary and a benefit to me.

Pal.

I'm a sarcastic person. It's how i roll. :cool:
    afMSv4g.jpg

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Beauty. I put the cooler over there, help yourself.
    Sliced watermelon?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • trekjocktrekjock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To be honest, I'd just like to know how and when I can use the shuttle?

And while I'm at it, I've got a Delta Fyer in my inventory, how do I use that?