test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the increased rewards for dill the way to "save" pvp?

13»

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    bpharma wrote: »
    Fixed it for ya :)

It's not just burnt out, nearly every older player (2+ years) I know is seriously considering giving up, think its a combo of the 2 daily grinds so near each other, the bastardisation of the anniversary "thanks for sticking with us" event and the slow culling of a lot of things that might have been worth doing.

It's not just PvP players who are feeling it, it's a lot of people right across the game.

I agree there is serious burnout. For a while, the SB grind actually made fleets play together more, but a lot of fleets are on autopilot right now. I kept myself busy doing accolades, but once you get to the repetitive ones left (Exploration and sector defense), it gets boring. Only thing I've been doing lately is PvP because it's fun, although the rewards from it suck.
    adding rewards to matches would be simple. this alone would revolutionize my ability to play what i want and still earn what i need

every kill your team gets grants 2 fleet marks. at the end of a match, if your team won you end up with 30 marks from the match. if the score was 14/15, the losing team ends up with 28 marks. afking would not be a viable way to farm these out of a match. better yet, a chose your mark box at the end

You underestimate the player base's skills at finding exploits, that being said, adding pick your own mark boxes would be an excellent idea.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Technically, they did just add the Shuttle arena. However, the balance where universal consoles is concerned is still pretty haywire.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bpharma wrote: »
    Fixed it for ya :)

It's not just burnt out, nearly every older player (2+ years) I know is seriously considering giving up, think its a combo of the 2 daily grinds so near each other, the bastardisation of the anniversary "thanks for sticking with us" event and the slow culling of a lot of things that might have been worth doing.

It's not just PvP players who are feeling it, it's a lot of people right across the game.

That is so true.

However, pvp always suffered an existence in the shadows here.
    I'm almost willing to say it doesn't really exist if I compare it to gw2s pvp for example.

Those are just a few mini games an kherat.
    And even that gets little love. Since release the ONLY thing addet as far as I know is the shuttle pvp.
    On the other hand: other pvp got removed.
    My personal favorite pvp mini game was the space assault map. I think that was simply removed in season 2 or 3 without a comment.
    Why yoe ask? Cryptic logic: the game appeared on the end of the list, so few ppl even saw it and therefore few ppl played it and cryptic jumped to "they are obviously not interested".

But even what is there suffers, in my opinion, from a line of other problems.
    I have to admit I haven't really done pvp in a while. But before I did I a lot, even played... More semi successful... In the pvp league.
    But today it feels like the mechanics are broken. Simply too much damage.
    Pvp is 1 shot others or get 1 shoted. That's not really fun any more I think. And it's horribly de motivating for any new player coming in.

Also the player mentality there. There was a time when people where capable of behaving cilivi. No "noop noop!!" But instead a "good game" and even some tips how to improve wehere given. That's not what I saw the last times I was in there.

Hell ppl seem to not even get the games itsself. I personally find a pure arena Mach incredibly boring, so I usual prefer games like c&h.
    But that seems to be used as a shooting range nower days. Last few maches ended like:
    Team red wins. (5kills)
    Team blue loses (34 kills)
    It's not fun if the 2 teams do not play the same game. I'm not interested in playing training target for guys not willing to fight of capture points but just want stuff to explode.

Also, ultimately, pvp is the area where pay2win actually shows. I win in pvp even on elite without having to pay for anything, but in pvp that differences matter a lot. And to me it feels like this should be a match of skills (in planing and execution) not a match in wallet sizes.

In my opinion increased rewards would not help in any area at all. It would just draw newer players in for a short time to get shafted and then either to keep going in and waiting to blow up with no effort to fight or to give up entirely again.