test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Carrier pets broke again

lrudgelrudge Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Carrier pets are not responding to any command except dock. Tried a few different ships on all factions on a few different maps and they all just wander off to do what they want on all command settings (inc. going to the other side of the map in vortex AND cure when set to intercept) They also now keep going off until the disappear out of your hanger window and do not come back until you select "dock" - they were coming back and keeping close under intercept until S8.5 but now it doesn't work.
Post edited by lrudge on

Comments

• monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lrudge wrote: »
    Carrier pets are not responding to any command except dock. Tried a few different ships on all factions on a few different maps and they all just wander off to do what they want on all command settings (inc. going to the other side of the map in vortex AND cure when set to intercept) They also now keep going off until the disappear out of your hanger window and do not come back until you select "dock" - they were coming back and keeping close under intercept until S8.5 but now it doesn't work.

'The Cure: Found' and 'Khitomer Vortex' space STFs? Carrier pets have always refused to listen to any commands except recall in those maps ever since the carrier pet UI was added. Carrier pets aren't suppose to attack anything more than 14Km away on their own but in these maps they go after stuff on the opposite side of the map that is 30Km or more. And they flat out refuse to listen. Even if you put them in recall mode they might be too far out to register it. They can even go so far out that they desummon on their own (if your pets end up 50Km or more away they desummon automatically and you have to resummon them, this is intentional except when your pets decide to go that far out on their own). I wish they would fix it already. :mad:
  • dinoyipidinoyipi Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm having a different problem with carrier pets: When they dock via Recall (which they seem to do willingly enough) they don't launch when I switch to a new command.

EDIT: Well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The fighters seem to be cowards who don't come out at red alert.
    For personal reasons, I've left Star Trek Online.