test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Suggestion to Mr. D'Angelo and his team... Regarding the planned ESD Revamp

124»

Comments

• rgzarcherrgzarcher Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A very small and very simple suggestion for a way to make ESD feel more realistic, along with the KDF shipyard.

Change up the ships that we see docked, please!

I know that ESD is going to be revamped, I've seen it on Tribble and a few Youtube videos, but I fear they will just make it new and shiny, then leave it as is only changing it by adding more and more ships as they are added to the game.

It wouldn't be too difficult to make several randomized combinations of ships that would be seen docked in port then cycle through those various combinations every other month or so.

More frequently changing what we see docked would be preferable, but just changing it from time to time would add quite a bit to the Star Trek feel.
    "Why all the sales"?

And a merry freaking Christmas to you too, Ebenezer.
    -jonsills, 'Cryptic Why the sales..instead of Fixing XP leveling and this game?'
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sorry, you must be confusing Cryptic with one of those other companies that actually has a work ethic that goes beyond simply fleecing people for their next paycheck. You know, those companies that actually care about the product they slap their tags on.

Seriously, Cryptic no longer has the talent, or the coding prowess to effectively, handle the glitches you're referring to. The game's code is a patchwork, Frankenstein's monster, of a mess, and any All Stars capable of making sense of it, have long since departed Cryptic's hallowed halls for better gigs. That's why it's easier to just lie, and say something is fixed, and treat the players like they have excrement on their hands, if they have the audacity to say it's not.

Why do you even continue posting? :confused:
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Long ago, a storm was heading for the city of Quin'lat. Everyone took protection within the walls except one man who remained outside. Kahless went to him and asked what he was doing. "I am not afraid," the man said. "I will not hide my face behind stone and mortar. I will stand before the wind and make it respect me." Kahless honored his choice and went back inside. The next day, the storm came, and the man was killed. Kahless replied, "The wind does not respect a fool".

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Our new EP has indicated:

- That he is a fan of hard sci-fi over zany gimmicks.
    - That he takes the IP seriously.
    -That he is interested in collecting data on longstanding QoL improvements.
    - That he is interesting in making individual parts of social hubs have specific function.
    - That a ground up revamp of ESD with brand new maps is a near term addition.

I would like to suggest:

- That party items be designated for use in party areas like a dance floor or holosuite.
    - That items like the Gingerbread Men be buffed to function year round... in designated fantasy party areas like holosuites.
    - That Holo-Emitters in the Latinum store be buffed into permanent devices... usable in designated party areas.
    - "Party Mode" could be enabled in missions that take place on holodecks, in proximity of Q wherever he is present in-game, in Q's Winter Wonderland. Risa and the Klingon Red Light District would be strong candidates as well.
    - "Party Mode" would be enabled everywhere during designated Q calendar events, possibly along with other unique gameplay elements to indicate that Q is present for the weekend such as tweaked mission elements, strange enemies, etc.

Function should be tied to location and this is one way to fairly group players in area by interest or activity. This reduces player conflict while making the appeal of certain underutilized areas functional and possessing of a special appeal that makes their gameplay experience distinct while also making it distinct from other areas of the game.

I like the idea of areas which are designated "party zones". Perhaps this could extend to other types of zones as well?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!