test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Things wrong with the game

rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Alright, lets play a sort of game.

You may only post ONE particular thing you find wrong with the game.

So basically, post the number one thing on your list of things wrong with STO.

I will start, of course.

The Season 8 graphics texture glitch http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=913941
Gold.jpg
Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Romulan Doff Situation

Upon claiming Republic Doffs (though assignments or defections, cluster missions etc) they are all FED or KDF. I understand that we're in an alliance, but I'd very much like Republic Doffs (and colonists) within my crew. There should be a terminal on Mol'Rhian where FED/KDF Doffs can be exchanged (free of charge) for a Republic Doff of the same variety & rarity if they can't fix it.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, just so no one can say it wsant said....

Romulans arent their own faction!

though i do like being able to use my c-store fed/kdf ship consoles on them. so tough tradeoff i think.
    edited February 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    Romulans arent their own faction!
    I get that, but they've already got their own Doffs in the system. Would it have hurt Cryptic (when working on LoR) to enable a way to acquire more Republic Doffs instead of FED/KDF ones?
    though i do like being able to use my c-store fed/kdf ship consoles on them. so tough tradeoff i think.
    Many FED/KDF consoles can be found on the exchange as of late anyway.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since it's the first that comes to mind: the issue with the K't'inga model being messed up since early 2011.
    It's explained in detail with screenshots here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=990111
  • chemist6lpchemist6lp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Overcapped A2B DEM FaWtards who think they're competent.
    Science for the win. / Czechoslovak Fleet 1st Division
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The memory leak/failure to load textures bug in the game engine ... But I guess that's already been mentioned, so ...

The lack of Outfit/Uniform options for Romulans and the fact that Romulan toons can't show Armor ...

Ok sort of 2 things. but ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
    edited February 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    The lack of Outfit/Uniform options for Romulans and the fact that Romulan toons can't show Armor ...
    You're aware that the Romulans actually have more clothing options than the Klingons, right? :P
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Name my top thing I find wrong with the game?

Hm...

Horrifically unchecked power creep.

I never really noticed it since a lot of my endgame has been spent in STFs and in the newest shiniest content with the biggest baddest baddies, but recently upon replaying a standard mission, I realized just how much more powerful I really was than the NPCs. And I'm not even some elitist uber-player with a combat parser running at all times and entire spreadsheets dedicated to finding out how to do 2 more dps on a 20k dps boat.

The only thing keeping me from cranking my "difficulty" up to advanced is the fact that recent content and mobs actually do provide enough fight to be amusing rather than merely being a faceroll.
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    General lvl of difficulty and replayability of the endgame content
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Name my top thing I find wrong with the game?

Hm...

Horrifically unchecked power creep.

I never really noticed it since a lot of my endgame has been spent in STFs and in the newest shiniest content with the biggest baddest baddies, but recently upon replaying a standard mission, I realized just how much more powerful I really was than the NPCs. And I'm not even some elitist uber-player with a combat parser running at all times and entire spreadsheets dedicated to finding out how to do 2 more dps on a 20k dps boat.

The only thing keeping me from cranking my "difficulty" up to advanced is the fact that recent content and mobs actually do provide enough fight to be amusing rather than merely being a faceroll.

I hear ya. I might be one of those people you referenced, but I play all ground content on elite because Id be bored to tears if I didnt.

I went to help a friend with a mission, and we ran it on normal. Me with my mk xii rep/fleet gear uberhaxors was literally shooting everything one time =/

It took literally all of the sense of danger out for my friend (who is mostly an RP/casual player that has never owned anything past what the episodes give out) and made me look like a god, that didnt feel right really. The only difference between us (other than maybe knowledge of game mechanics and skill) was the fact i had the best of the best gear and he did not. It was night vs day.

The power creep is my number 2 actually (since the number 1 i posted completely breaks the game for me to even play it when it comes up)
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I agree with almost everything posted so far, so I'm gonna go down a different tack: one thing wrong with this game is it feels more like a Star Trek themed amusement park than it does an actual Star Trek game and setting. Not all the time mind you, and some of the storyline content is really nice and very Trek-like. But stuff like seeing all these Scimitars around and people flying lockbox ships and so on just makes me roll my eyes.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stofsk wrote: »
    But stuff like seeing all these Scimitars around and people flying lockbox ships and so on just makes me roll my eyes.

so wait, your saying you dont like romulans flying one of the few on screen canon ships their faction has, just because 37 years later, someone couldnt have found the plans and started mass producing them?

I mean, i can understand people ******** about lockbox ships, but people flying a canon ship, that was shown in the final prime universe movie? thats like saying people shouldnt be flying sovereigns because only one of them ever appeared onscreen.
  • hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That hideous looking TNG series uniform. If I could kill it with fire and make the devs do it again from scratch, I would.

Petty, I know. :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The priority of what they consider bug fixing is what's wrong with this game. Who cares if the doff pictures aren't displaying, this thread has dozens of ACTUAL bugs that should be a bigger priority than something like "My doff's have no portrait."
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • shaokarshaokar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm, lets see... The bugs. Specifically the bugs that have been there for years and nobody form the oficials even bothered acknowledging them. I am looking at Defera, or the old tailor bugs, or in fact any of the about 20 bugs that are still around, new or old.

Wait, no Actually my number 1 thing is the UI

Let me explain

-the moment when you have to spam an ability in order to be sure it activates as it times out way too fast
    -the moment when you have to go through 3 different setting areas just to get rid of all the different, annoying, spammy pop-ups or fly-ins
    -the fleet UI that, especially for leadership, is practically useless, or filled with TRIBBLE (the entire news tab for example, cause i really want to know who trained their boff in what /sarcasm)
    -the fact it hasn't really changed much at all since beta and the awkward choices made back than prevail

I mean... really, **** UI kind-of spoils the game, probably more than the bugs even.
    edited February 2014
    so wait, your saying you dont like romulans flying one of the few on screen canon ships their faction has, just because 37 years later, someone couldnt have found the plans and started mass producing them?
    Why would the Romulan Republic have so many Scimitars in their flotilla? How does the Republic have the resources to mass produce said ships without any shipyard? (this goes to all the other ships they have btw) Why would they use thalaron weapons if their two major potential allies and the dominant superpowers in the region have both outlawed their use?

Hell we went to Nimbus to uncover Thalaron triggers that Hassan the Undying had, because this was a Big Deal, but then later on you can buy your own Scimitar and equip all the set bonuses to get your own Thalaron weapon, and not a single person gives a damn. It is, simply put, dissonant with the narrative.
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The increasingly prevalent "Grind All the Things!" attitude.

In the case of grinds, more does not necessarily equal better.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    my no1 problem with whats wrong with the game?

huuuum?

all the players that keep complaining about whats wrong with the game but never ever praise or even mention whats right with it.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    One thing? lol :D You're joking right, I know you are. ;)

Uhm....I don't actually know where to start...and I think that says a lot...:(
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why would the Romulan Republic have so many Scimitars in their flotilla? How does the Republic have the resources to mass produce said ships without any shipyard? (this goes to all the other ships they have btw) Why would they use thalaron weapons if their two major potential allies and the dominant superpowers in the region have both outlawed their use?

Hell we went to Nimbus to uncover Thalaron triggers that Hassan the Undying had, because this was a Big Deal, but then later on you can buy your own Scimitar and equip all the set bonuses to get your own Thalaron weapon, and not a single person gives a damn. It is, simply put, dissonant with the narrative.

That sums up everything that I cannot stand about the Scimitar being in game. Since that has been covered, my pet peeve; the lack of common sense regarding canon. That can cover a host of issues including scimitars and playable enemy ships plus many many more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi Rylana.

This is an easy one. Bugs/the game not working properly.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    my no1 problem with whats wrong with the game?

huuuum?

all the players that keep complaining about whats wrong with the game but never ever praise or even mention whats right with it.

And you have read all the posts from all the players who complain to know they have never ever praised the game in other threads? Phew now that's a colossal investment of time.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cryptics inability to fix bugs im a timely manner. Exchange is broken since months. Can't filter for rarity. Romulan boff console bugged since it exists... and so on.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lack of story along with the new content.
  • masternecromanmasternecroman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wants my Tal Shiar pants proper visuals!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll tell you what's wrong. A lack of mane selection for the cats :P.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited February 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Fleet Alert rewarding Fleet Marks throughout, encouraging people to bail early.
    Yeah. I just don't understand why they don't scale the rewards so that staying pays out more. Like a lot more, double the total if you take out the dreadnought squadron.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Well thats true. But who would have guessed it would sell that well?
    I don't see any other 5000 zen ship fly around that often, not even the Odysee that had a free variant at some point....
    And as someone who blocks the sector space with his oversized Scimitar himself I have to say.... its incredible fun to fly it.

About the things that are wrong:
    Admrials only as away team leader.
    I think its stupid and untrekkie...
    We should in some way be able switch the "active ground character" like we can switch the "active space character"=ship.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The #1 thing eh?

I guess mine would be that STO focuses on static content (story missions, PVE queues) and not on dynamic content (territory control, open maps/missions where player actions have an impact on the game world).

I love story missions, but after a few plays they tend to lose their charm. They also get consumed by the players much too fast considering how much time/effort/resources needed to build them.

What STO needs, IMO, is a real territory control system. The BZ was a good start, but it isn't a real territory control system. You can actually beat it and then have it reset. The Voth don't make a concentrated effort to retake territories. They send in 1 squad of ensign soldiers to loaf around until someone shoots them every once in a while, but that's about it. I've posted it many times before so I'm sure someone out there is sick of it, but all I want is the FFXI Campaign system here. So much fun omg. Would still be playing that if the devs hadn't messed that game up.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    1) too many tac console to make build viable. making every console unique would fix that, and make 2 tac console ships more viable.
    2) energy weapons too powerfull (kind of a result of point nr. 1, in part), which makes using torps questionable. reduce damage of energy weapons on hull by 50%, probably fixes that, and gives torpedos a better position in the game.
    3) ground combat feels laggy at times
    4) how the skillsystem favours only 1 type of ship, if you switch to a different kind of ship you may want to respecc, just to have an optimized build. That is certainly dumb, if buying different ships is the main income model of this game company.
    Go pro or go home