edited July 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »

hahaha that is so true.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    You'd be surprised just how many times in the day people in STO need to have the obvious pointed out to them.

Indeed. Since we have to remove Star Clusters because people get lost in them, in order to maintain their high quality standard Cryptic has to treat every player like they have an attention span of a squirrel with ADD on speed, or else legions of newbies will ragequit and uninstall the game because they are too confused and aren't able to follow the complex storylines.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, so, people just learned how a vulcan acts and speaks. Class you all get a gold star today!
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    Okay, so, people just learned how a vulcan acts and speaks. Class you all get a gold star today!

Prior to VOY, characters indeed didn't have to remind the audience what they are supposed to be and how their racial traits look every two minutes. But since Brannon Braga first envisioned a sho for the mentally not-so-fit who aren't able to grasp a storyline longer than 40 minutes this kind of writing snook into every incarnation of Star Trek and far beyond.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Indeed. Since we have to remove Star Clusters because people get lost in them, in order to maintain their high quality standard Cryptic has to treat every player like they have an attention span of a squirrel with ADD on speed, or else legions of newbies will ragequit and uninstall the game because they are too confused and aren't able to follow the complex storylines.

This is called pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Don't blame Tuvok for a majority of the playerbase that likely has issues turning on the computer without assistance or eating a bowl of soup without the fear of drowning in it.
    chiyoumiku wrote: »

STO needs more vulcans.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is not as bad as Ambassador Worf's line in Sphere of Influence.

"I am detecting something beyond this door."

Well Worf I'd be worried if there was nothing at all beyond the door, a complete void of matter and energy, a hole in spacetime. Turned out it was a corridor.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • mvp333mvp333 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    erei1 wrote: »
    The red laser coming from across the room, from a Voth sniper, was a good clue on what was happening. You know, the tri-laser aiming thing before the shot, that last for about half a minute.

Yeah... And guess what Solanae weapons fire looks like?

Red lasers.

It may be obvious to us players, but to the characters the distinction between Voth Proton and Solanae Antiproton beams might not be quite a easy to see. And sure, there was the whole aiming laser thing, but that could just be one of those cheesy "Target Acquired. Neutralizing." type things that automated defense systems in games do sometimes. :P
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Vulcans have pretty much always stated the obvious, it likely comes from Spock often providing exposition in TOS.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    THey have a very accurate representation of the Voyager Tuvok... Kept stating the obvious back then too.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Prior to VOY, characters indeed didn't have to remind the audience what they are supposed to be and how their racial traits look every two minutes. But since Brannon Braga first envisioned a sho for the mentally not-so-fit who aren't able to grasp a storyline longer than 40 minutes this kind of writing snook into every incarnation of Star Trek and far beyond.

And then the new trek films come along and figure the audience can reason some stuff out without detailed time consuming explanations and some of the fanbase freaks out about it.

Its a catch 22.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »
    And then the new trek films come along and figure the audience can reason some stuff out without detailed time consuming explanations and some of the fanbase freaks out about it.

Its a catch 22.

When you hate someone (or something), everything they do becomes offensive.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • wooliewoolwooliewool Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I figured it was more because exploration clusters were dull as dishwater and it wasn't worth bothering trying to fix something that was by design irredeemably tedious. I don't see how you could possibly get lost in one but it's clear from playing a cluster mission even once that they're an exercise in mind-numbing boredom.

I also have to laugh at anyone who says removing exploration missions "limits" the availability of dilithium in the game. Compared to what it was like in season 5 the game throws dilithium at you hand over fist with the battlezones, the foundry rewards, the much easier elite STFs, etc. It's trivially easy to exceed the refining cap.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Captains,

You have been sucked in to posting in a necro thread. Please start a new one if you'd like to continue the discussion.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.