Comments

• Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    @Voporak, an excellent summary of the threat posed by Voporak! :P
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    looks like it was a very good challenge... I wonder what the next ones topic will be...
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well I finally finished mine... man... writing a short dossier on 14 characters was way more time consuming than I thought it'd be....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wrote a thing. It's probably terrible.
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In like Flynn again!

No cast list this round. I will seriously not be using these characters (except Kathryn and Daikar :P) again. Ever.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    In like Flynn again!

No cast list this round. I will seriously not be using these characters (except Kathryn and Daikar :P) again. Ever.

Fantastic :cool:

But no car batteries hooked up to the balls for wrong answers :D
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fantastic :cool:

But no car batteries hooked up to the balls for wrong answers :D

But.... But... Awwwww....

*puts down the jumper cables*
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Grrr....I thought I'd have something this round, but I haven't had time to touch this LC until this evening. I may have to pass for this one, or I might get one under the wire if I get a chance.

Who would have thought a little snow could do so much damage to my literary free time? :confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    So what did people think of mine?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So what did people think of mine?

It's good. Solid. Nothing really wrong with it, but nothing exceptional.

The only really exceptional one here is jonsills's entry, though. So nothing wrong with not being exceptional. It's hard to compete with Grunt for awesome.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thank you, but I really don't see why Grunt came across as "awesome" in this one. He's pretty loyal to the Federation, he's already demonstrated his skill at finding loopholes, and he's resistant to psionics for the same reason as every other Ferengi - it's a matter of brain structure.

I thought that Roclak was more awesome, personally - although Agent Delta-17 was impressive for being able to find out more about Rock in one investigation than Grunt has in several years of friendship... :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Throwing a last minute entry in here, in which we learn that Section 31 files are more complex than the standard files on Federation vessels, as well as a look into Voth technology.

If you see any plot holes, give a holler and hopefully I'll fix them before anyone else notices.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    Thank you, but I really don't see why Grunt came across as "awesome" in this one. He's pretty loyal to the Federation, he's already demonstrated his skill at finding loopholes, and he's resistant to psionics for the same reason as every other Ferengi - it's a matter of brain structure.

I thought that Roclak was more awesome, personally - although Agent Delta-17 was impressive for being able to find out more about Rock in one investigation than Grunt has in several years of friendship... :)

Grunt is awesome. It's hard to quantify.

In a nutshell, anything about Grunt and crew will inevitably be awesome.
  • Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Throwing a last minute entry in here, in which we learn that Section 31 files are more complex than the standard files on Federation vessels, as well as a look into Voth technology.

If you see any plot holes, give a holler and hopefully I'll fix them before anyone else notices.

SO what are the angry ghosts?

I really liked this, it's quiet funny. Did the Voth die, or is she merely trapped within the holo-program?
  • Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just threw in a last minute entry as well. Given how quick and easy this was, I now want to do similar files for Lynathru and Ta'nara (especially Ta'nara-- the Tal Shiar have a growing file on her).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    aten66 wrote: »
    SO what are the angry ghosts?

I really liked this, it's quiet funny. Did the Voth die, or is she merely trapped within the holo-program?

Ahaha, I knew that would come back to haunt me. I'll figure out a way to rectify that.

The "angry ghosts" reference refers to the people that go to the Otha PvPvE ground zone, because more often than not such people are always in stealth until they blast you with a close-range pulsewave. It seemed like a tongue-in-cheek way to draw connections between the Voth stealth and the tactical kit stealth.

Going by the many other instances in Star Trek canon in which a host body is taken over by another consciousness, I would say Odala is not dead, despite the efforts of Holo-Lee :P. Maybe we'll see some serious manure happen in the future.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is there no new challenge this week? I logged in last night to see, but the forums kept telling me everything was unavailable.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Is there no new challenge this week? I logged in last night to see, but the forums kept telling me everything was unavailable.

What if Smirky overslept and forgot to post an LC?

We should make contingencies in case Smirk doesn't post an LC this week. I suggest we do something like "Twitch Plays Pokemon" and create an LC via crowdsourcing.
  • Options
    masopwmasopw Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    @markhawkman: a little jarring to have people referred to as the "what", then detailed in the "who". It might work better to describe their ship as the what and the captain/crew as who. Lots of detail, nonetheless,

@squatsauce: very interesting...looking forward to what happens next.

@cmdrscarlet: a unique way to ensure agents learn the hard way! Well written...with verve!

@zidanetribal: awesome. I'm guessing the ship's motto of the Weeping Angel is "Don't Blink"? ;)

@ambassadormolari: nicely done....I hope that Arkos has the courtesy to tell other Captains how to detect and remove S31's toys on their own ships. (The Andorian reproductive system...from what I've read in novels it seems that each one has their own role, so I'm not sure how they'd consider other species! But detailed discussion of such has the potential to get volatile, and I'm just here to read and write some tales, so I'll just drop a ten-foot pole and not touch it...)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    What if Smirky overslept and forgot to post an LC?

We should make contingencies in case Smirk doesn't post an LC this week. I suggest we do something like "Twitch Plays Pokemon" and create an LC via crowdsourcing.

Yeah, I'm concerned as well...

Smirk? Are you OK? We love you, Smirk, please don't leave us!
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for participating everyone! Keep up the good work!

As I prepare to post the next challenge and unstick this one, remember that you can still contribute if you have not already. See you in #59!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm concerned as well...

Smirk? Are you OK? We love you, Smirk, please don't leave us!

LoL aww thanks for the lerv!

Sadly this was worked on last night, but with the forum maintenance bringing things down, I couldn't post it up. I tried so many times and it kept taking me to the "Halt Cadet" page. It was torture.

But thankfully we had time to fit it in today, so check on the new thread in a few minutes!

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    masopw wrote: »
    @markhawkman: a little jarring to have people referred to as the "what", then detailed in the "who". It might work better to describe their ship as the what and the captain/crew as who. Lots of detail, nonetheless,
    Good point. I wasn't quite sure exactly the best way, so I decided to go with a sort of clinical detachment. Still not sure it was the best approach.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing