test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frozen and Coliseum still bugged!!???

edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I am leveling my klingon toon. So, it was the turn of the Frozen episode. The last time i played this episode was about 1 month ago, and it was bugged since i coudnt find the reman scout after i kill the romulan warbird. I go to the mission spot, but nothing happens.
So i drop the mission and i skip it again.

Now the turn of Coliseum. I though this mission was fixed 2 months ago or so. But again, its broken. In the first part when you beam down to the station to reroute the tractor beam, in the final step, when you need to turn off all satellite operations and reroute satellite power array from warp inverter, the only console i can interact with is the satellite one. To finish the mission i need to interact with the other console, to lower the power allocation, but i cant interact with it, even if its glowing as a interactive item. So again, thanks cryptic for make the leveling up on EVERY TOON, a really frustrating and no enjoyable experience. The worst, part i will not be able to pick the reman shields.

I hope cryptic one day fix ALL the episodes, because this is stupid, seriously.
Post edited by edgecrysger on

Comments

• caeloaeturnumcaeloaeturnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's strange in regards to "Frozen". A friend and I leveled Klingon characters about two weeks ago and had no problems with it. We leveled Romulans a few days ago and had no problems there either. We both hate "Coliseum" and always skip it, so I can't say anything about bugs in it.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for your report. Investigating.
    STO QA Team
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's strange in regards to "Frozen". A friend and I leveled Klingon characters about two weeks ago and had no problems with it. We leveled Romulans a few days ago and had no problems there either. We both hate "Coliseum" and always skip it, so I can't say anything about bugs in it.

Well, strange is a word to say it. This is my third toon, and i was only able to complete this mission with my very first character, 5 months ago. I was not able to do it with my alternate or my actual klingon new toon.

The weird thing about this mission is, as i noticed, other players didnt have any problem with it, but i was not so lucky..

And the cse of Coliseum, thats really really weird, since it was broken ages ago, then cryptic fixed it, and now it seems its broken again.

So, as far as i know, there are 3 broken episodes in the first part of leveling courve, trapped, frozen and coliseum. Almost for me..
  • loudounprideloudounpride Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I, too, am stuck at this point in the mission. Boo.
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for your report. Investigating.

I also cannot interact with the power console to finish the task 'reroute satellite's power away from warp inverter'.

That 9460 skill points would certainly be helpful in finishing leveling my character!
    Galactic Horde.
  • jahmaanjahmaan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Add me to the list. Obvious bug is obvious, and should be fixable quite easily I should think.

Sadly, I too ran into the Trapped bug, and that one is so full of irony, it took me about 10 minutes of fiddling around in the "trap" before I realized it was a bug, and not just some clever mission design, where one has to figure out the right direction and/or speed to escape, vis a vis an episode of TNG I seem to remember where Enterprise is stuck and instead of fighting they have to fly into the anomaly to escape(if my shoddy memory serves me correctly).
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it back? I think they un-bugged it once..

Even though the response I got from support at the time I had that issue was.. well they wouldn't recognize there was a problem at all.
    signwidrona.png
    edited February 2014
    The broken console in Coliseum has been verified, documented and sent to the Content team to be fixed.

The issue with Frozen has not been able to be reproduced yet. So that investigation is ongoing.
    STO QA Team
  • wonderfulplaguewonderfulplague Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am also stuck in this mission. I am unable to Reroute Power Away from the Warp Inverter. No idea why, the console lights up, the mouse is a gear shape and everything. NO ability to use it. Every other console works just fine. This is infuriating.

EDIT: Found a solution. STAND on the rail next to the console, and edge yourself NEAR the console. It SHOULD work. It appears the anchor for the consoles use needs to come down by one player character.
    edited February 2014
    OK, I've got the Frozen issue written up. I've played that mission so many times it took me a bit to look at it in the right way.

If, after the defeat of the warbird, one just goes to where the arrow points you will not find the Reman scout. The arrow is pointing to the end of the route instead of the beginning, definitely a bug.

As a work around, when the warbird is defeated, look for a nearby ally. That's the scout. Move toward him and when you get close enough he starts moving and the chase is on.
    STO QA Team
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I am also stuck in this mission. I am unable to Reroute Power Away from the Warp Inverter. No idea why, the console lights up, the mouse is a gear shape and everything. NO ability to use it. Every other console works just fine. This is infuriating.

EDIT: Found a solution. STAND on the rail next to the console, and edge yourself NEAR the console. It SHOULD work. It appears the anchor for the consoles use needs to come down by one player character.

Or stand on the override console right next to it (which actually gives better leverage than the rail), which I've suggested previously on other threads.

As for "Frozen," I found the warbird just fine. As it is, though, I don't really pay much attention to the minimap unless I have to. And since crypticfrost has confirmed a misleading map pointer on that one, that would explain why I had no difficulty there as I spotted the "Ally" almost immediately.
  • sparkledoomsparkledoom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was getting frustrated by this bug on Coliseum too. I found that from facing the console you can't access, stand on the left side of the thing and jump while spamming your action button it'll become available briefly in the air.
    edited February 2014
    I was getting frustrated by this bug on Coliseum too. I found that from facing the console you can't access, stand on the left side of the thing and jump while spamming your action button it'll become available briefly in the air.

Sure, but, as I said, it's easier to just stand on the override console on its right-hand side.
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sure, but, as I said, it's easier to just stand on the override console on its right-hand side.

Thanks! This worked, I can finally complete the mission now.
    Galactic Horde.
    edited February 2014
    The broken console in Coliseum has been verified, documented and sent to the Content team to be fixed.

The issue with Frozen has not been able to be reproduced yet. So that investigation is ongoing.

Apparently it only happens with me... :(

So, what the hell im supossed to do in that mission to get it working?????? as the mission ruler says, follow the reman nav point , so i do that but nothing happens. Should i just avoid to kill the romulan?? maybe thats the problem?? the thing is, i completed this mission time ago.. i dont understand xd.
    edited February 2014
    OK, I've got the Frozen issue written up. I've played that mission so many times it took me a bit to look at it in the right way.

If, after the defeat of the warbird, one just goes to where the arrow points you will not find the Reman scout. The arrow is pointing to the end of the route instead of the beginning, definitely a bug.

As a work around, when the warbird is defeated, look for a nearby ally. That's the scout. Move toward him and when you get close enough he starts moving and the chase is on.

I dont see the reman scout. After i kill the warbird, i dont see anything. And i traveled around all the map, i know the second mark should be the end of the map so i flew to there, but nothing happened. I came back to the original point, where i destroyed the warbird, and still i cant see anything.
    edited February 2014
    I dont see the reman scout.

He shouldn't be that far from the area where you fought the D'deridex. He's a dozen or so kilometers further down the planetary ring from the micro-nebula.
    edited February 2014
    We have a fix for the Coliseum console problem inbound. Frozen's going to take some more work.
    STO QA Team
  • shyidhshyidh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i didn't had a probem with the scout in frozen, only having a problem with the Obisek's gambit part.
    Every time i try to get near the entrance, the game crashes:mad: