test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

C-Store Item Wanted: Transporter FX

stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
A customization option that enhances our character customization but doesn't provide a combat advantage keeps the original spirit of the C-store and is a perfect candidate for a C-store item:

Allow players to purchase alternate transporter effects.

There have been a variety of transporter effects used in Star Trek:
  • TNG style
  • Original Series (gold sparkles)
  • Motion Picture
  • TOS Movies (STVI style is a personal fave of mine)
  • Cardassian
  • TNG Ferengi
  • Borg, Hirogen and other misc effects (great for Borg-themed crews)

We beam everywhere in this game. Why not allow players to purchase and use alternate transporter visuals?

Plus we know the devs are interested:
Q: (sollvax) Any chance of seeing TOS communicators and transporter effects made available as an option?

Dstahl: There is a good chance that you?ll see these sorts of options pop up as either episode rewards or new items in the C-Store down the road.

Source

Threads advocating this idea have had most positive replies in the past:

What do you think, STO? Wouldn't you love to be able to set your ship's transporter FX?
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Post edited by stararmy on

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stararmy wrote: »
    A customization option that enhances our character customization but doesn't provide a combat advantage keeps the original spirit of the C-store and is a perfect candidate for a C-store item:

Allow players to purchase alternate transporter effects.

There have been a variety of transporter effects used in Star Trek:
    • TNG style
    • Original Series (gold sparkles)
    • Motion Picture
    • TOS Movies (STVI style is a personal fave of mine)
    • Cardassian
    • TNG Ferengi
    • Borg, Hirogen and other misc effects (great for Borg-themed crews)

We beam everywhere in this game. Why not allow players to purchase and use alternate transporter visuals?

Plus we know the devs are interested:
    Threads advocating this idea have had most positive replies in the past:

What do you think, STO? Wouldn't you love to be able to set your ship's transporter FX?

This has been requested many many times before over the years. As it hasn't happen before it is not likely to happen at all.
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The best way to see it happen is to let the devs know that the demand is still there! Between my Liberated Borg Romulan and my Diplo-boffs, I can have an away team that has three colors of transporters. It's a bit silly. I would love to be able to get some of Voyager or the TOS movie effects for the whole team.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Definitelly would buy, if they give us the awesome green Borg-beam & sound... as my ship is very Borg themed... so as they say, take my money damnit :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would also buy transporter FX.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Definitelly would buy, if they give us the awesome green Borg-beam & sound... as my ship is very Borg themed... so as they say, take my money damnit :D

Same for my Rom/borg I have almost a full landing party of borg. So all borg FX would be great there.

And making them customizable so we can fix the issue of the three colour beam outs.

So seconded. Take my money!

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.