test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Khan hairstlye missing *Resolved*

monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
What the hell? I really loved that hairstyle and was really happy it was available for both male and female characters.

But now the hairstyle is removed for both genders. Completely gone. I remembered for my male human I didn't add the Khan belt to the outfit. When I went to modify it, he was bald. The Khan hairstyle was nowhere in the list anymore. I checked on female bridge officers and it's gone for females also.

For now, as long as I don't purchase any changes to the outfit, I won't lose the hair. But it means I have to go without the belt for this character, or making the outfit for other characters I hadn't made it for yet.

I had downloaded and installed Arc sometime before this giveaway. At the time of this post Arc is running and I had launched the game through it. I don't think Arc has anything to do with it. I could have sworn I saw someone earlier on the forums mentioned something about this, but forgot about their post by the time the servers finally came back up.

Edit: I have access to everything, including the 'Off Duty - Helmets and Wraps' head option, except the hair.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Since today's patch, none of my characters I have checked are able to use the Khan hairstyle. This includes many that could previously use it. I haven't found any of my species, from alien to Andorian to human, who can currently select the Khan hairstyle. It still works on my alien female Boff, but only as long as I don't edit her appearance.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2014
    Well,
    when i try to change something in a uniform when the character sports the kahn hairstyle, the hair gets removed, poof gone. Its not there anymore.

KDF rom Di'ina@idali
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I do hope that this was not intentional. At least I have it on my toons for now, provided I don't make any costume changes.

I really do like the hair style. I'd like it better if they would take the metallic reflectiveness out of it. Or, at least, add in a Reflectiveness slider like they have done with most of the other hair styles. Many of the Romulan sub-faction hairstyles have that issue as well... no slider.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • giannicampanellagiannicampanella Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Implementors giveth, the Implementors taketh away.
    Greenbird
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, i've noticed this too, on all the species I've checked. Must be a bug.

While they're fixing it, they need to fix the male alien option. Before the hairstyle outright disappeared from the options list, Khan hair on male aliens only had one color selectable, meaning the hair always had light streaks, no matter how you changed the one color.
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Please post your bug reports in the bug reports forum, so they will be seen by devs.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree this is stupid. Do not take away content damnit, we need more customization, not less.
  • wildboarwildboar Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    all the things wrong with the game and you put this here?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    denizenvi wrote: »
    Yeah, i've noticed this too, on all the species I've checked. Must be a bug.

While they're fixing it, they need to fix the male alien option. Before the hairstyle outright disappeared from the options list, Khan hair on male aliens only had one color selectable, meaning the hair always had light streaks, no matter how you changed the one color.

The patchnotes said that they were removing a bug that allowed some aspects of the Khan costume to be used with uniforms, which was unintentional. Hopefully being able to use the HAIRCUT with uniforms was not unintentional.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The patchnotes said that they were removing a bug that allowed some aspects of the Khan costume to be used with uniforms, which was unintentional. Hopefully being able to use the HAIRCUT with uniforms was not unintentional.

I've never seen a hairstyle that couldn't be used with an off duty outfit, or uniform. As far as I know all hairstyles are available for both.

What they probably meant was certain parts of the Khan outfit itself were available as uniform options, like maybe the Khan wristgaurd or gloves. Something like that.

Either way, the hairstyle isn't available for uniform or off duty. It's just completely gone.

*Note they updated the thread title to let us know they are investigating it. I also suspect threads got merged with mine.
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Ples gib back a nice and handsome Khan hair. I liek so much csue it look very fashionable like in 80 years time. Hopfully it kan be made back agains soon.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    43f618452b7d3d67a708eb2c617be8601390851472.jpg

I got the Khan set for using Arc, but I just can't find that hairstyle. Does anyone know what it is named and where to find it?
    Is it maybe not included in that set, or maybe limited to humans (I'm playing an Alien)?
  • evilgenius180evilgenius180 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know it's in there and some species can use it, but not all. Some of the species that can't use it (like Trill) don't even make sense. It may also depend on what head you're using for your alien.
  • goraqgoraq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what is weird is that Trill used to be able to use it until the last patch.
  • rokurocarisrokurocaris Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I know it's in there and some species can use it, but not all. Some of the species that can't use it (like Trill) don't even make sense. It may also depend on what head you're using for your alien.

I'm using a normal humanoid head.
    goraq wrote: »
    what is weird is that Trill used to be able to use it until the last patch.

Looks like the devs messed up on this.
    Seriously, this hairstyle should be available for every race that can have human hairstyles.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm betting that the hairstyle was removed on accident. All we can do now is be patient and wait for them to fix this issue.

As long as you have not made any changes to your character's costume after adding that hairstyle, it will remain. Since the 8.5 update, though, the hairstyle is no longer available as a selectable option.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i could not find it using a human
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I want the Mullet back :)
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I put that on all my toons last week and still have it on them. I guess I'll stay away from the tailor so he can't take my hair away! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any ETA on that one? :(
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm betting that the hairstyle was removed on accident. All we can do now is be patient and wait for them to fix this issue.

As long as you have not made any changes to your character's costume after adding that hairstyle, it will remain. Since the 8.5 update, though, the hairstyle is no longer available as a selectable option.

They got us using their ARC, now they can wait 2-3 years and fix the bug. *works on leveling characters and playing the game*....A new Khan hairstyle?? yippie!!!! it's in the C-store?.....oh...I forgot they used to have a khan hairstyle with their ARC baby...........lol
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
This discussion has been closed.