Install Arc
Options

More Tuvok Please

2»

Comments

• Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited January 2014
    Oh god NO. I hated the way Tuvok was played by Russ, he was the most deadpan, condescending, rigid, monotone, character I have seen on ST, the original wheelchair Pike in TOS had more zeal than tuvok.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh god NO. I hated the way Tuvok was played by Russ, he was the most deadpan, condescending, rigid, monotone, character I have seen on ST, the original wheelchair Pike in TOS had more zeal than tuvok.

You realize Tuvok is Vulcan, right? :D
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to see Worf and Tuvok both appear together in a future episode.
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm looking forward to more Tuvok appearances and I'm hoping the next Trek actor to get voice in STO is Armin Shimmerman.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    matrix0 wrote: »
    No offense to Worf (perhaps it wasn't his fault but the content,) but Tuvok was totally rock in the new FE. His VO was well represented. We could actually feel that he was there.

I hope Seven is next since I think she is borg and still alive, and the Voth enemy must be the borg since there isn't any delta quadrant race that can be a threat to the voth and use green (plasma) energy weapon.

Seven would be awesome but I think Jeri Ryan is still doing stuff so she will not be coming back.

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol would be cool but it would be another time travel story which is not cool.

Brent Spiner but I know he is done with the Data Character.

Maybe Bring back Miral's mother, since she is part Klingon she should be in duty shape.

I could see cryptic trying to get Wheaton to come in with a traveler mission.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    matrix0 wrote: »
    No offense to Worf (perhaps it wasn't his fault but the content,) but Tuvok was totally rock in the new FE. His VO was well represented. We could actually feel that he was there.

I hope Seven is next since I think she is borg and still alive, and the Voth enemy must be the borg since there isn't any delta quadrant race that can be a threat to the voth and use green (plasma) energy weapon.

Yay. Jeri Ryan will be a really sexy adittion to the VO :rolleyes:, it will be great to have 1 episode or 2 (or the entire season wth) hearing the voice of Jeri Ryan ^^
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You realize Tuvok is Vulcan, right? :D

Yes but too vulcan, even Data was more personable as a character.
  • Options
    klintobean81klintobean81 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes but too vulcan, even Data was more personable as a character.

too vulcan that like saying most of the ppl are the forums is too human.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2014

So in other words he played the part of a Vulcan perfectly.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seven would be awesome but I think Jeri Ryan is still doing stuff so she will not be coming back.

Jolene Blalock as T'Pol would be cool but it would be another time travel story which is not cool.

Brent Spiner but I know he is done with the Data Character.

Maybe Bring back Miral's mother, since she is part Klingon she should be in duty shape.

I could see cryptic trying to get Wheaton to come in with a traveler mission.

IIRC Wheaton said he loves Trek, and would Trek again, but not as Wesley Crusher. He hates that character. So, maybe as an entirely different character. (although it would be interesting to see a Traveler episode since the Traveler is essentially Doctor Who)

Robert Picardo's EMH (or any of Zimmerman's other holograms) would work perfectly and could easily fit into any number of scenarios
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, Weaton said in The Big Bang Theory :) that he hated the way he was entitled for his character on TNG, so i dont think he will do the Crusher again. But yeah, he loves star trek, and i think he will be really happy to make this little addition to the game. But it will be really hard to find a story that fits him.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, Tim Russ did greatly as Tuvok.

Speaking of the best possible new picks for a VO: Robert Picardo, certainly.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I completely agree with the OP. I think mr.Russ did a marvelous job in his VO for this mission in STO or dare I say - completely nailed it! ;) Made me feel like in a VOY episode. :)

I hope someone at Cryptic will transfer our sentiments of apreciation to mr.Russ for a job very well done.

P.S. Are you sure you had Tim Russ and not Tuvok himself in the studio? :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I loved Tim Russ as Tuvok, again. Easily the best VO work in a mission, and he took me back to Voyager days in an instant.

Cannot wait for more from him, bring it on!

Very cool. :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Coming on the heels of Micheal Dorn reprising worf and nailing it, putting in Tim Russ who just did an amazing job was excellent!

Only person I am really missing is Nicole de Boer reprising Ezri Dax and commanding the USS Vesta.

That would be my icing on the cake.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    oridjerraaoridjerraa Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    BEST FE EVER!

BEST GUEST ACTING EVER!

Tim Russ KNOWS voice acting!

My only dislike about this episode is not being able to use my ship with my layout, but I understand that it's purpose to allow us to test out the new ships.

P.S. The space walk part was simply epic!

Thank You DEV Team.

Brody