test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what free gift for the second day? (it's live)

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    in 10 minutes i would guess, we will find out what the next thing they plan on making free. grabbed the horta yesterday about a minute after it was unlocked on the z-store as free.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I call the... D'Kyr!
    /Floozy
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    data079 wrote: »
    Has anyone caught the typo here though? Starting THIS Monday and until NEXT Wednesday. Meaning that it last for two weeks, from this Monday until next Wednesday, get it? This week till next week, but alas, they also inserted dates that don't go along with the wording they used...
    Yeah, well, since the original message gave Wednesday's date as the 15th, I think we can excuse next vs this, especially when next Wednesday IS this one.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I expect more ungrateful crying from idiots with an inflated sense of self-entitlement, who think that the free gift should be something that suits them personally.

I also expect stupid threads to voice complaint that the free items didn't meet certain player's ridiculous expectations.

Not to mention more people blindly defending Cryptic's actions, as if they're the salt of the Earth and can do no wrong. Because a Horta totally makes up for yet another grind and two new blatent cash-grabs in the form of Qmendation Boxes and Cooldown Tokens.

Free gifts are nice, but these are just an pathetic attempt to placate everyone who's up in arms about these latest decisions Cryptic has made, and divert attention away from them.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I call the... D'Kyr!

Ooooh, possibly. There has been odd hints about a fleet version.

And they did fix the TalKyr.

And, if they also made it the only tier V fed-ship pilotable by Romulans I'd be extremely happy.
    edited January 2014
    in 10 minutes i would guess, we will find out what the next thing they plan on making free. grabbed the horta yesterday about a minute after it was unlocked on the z-store as free.
    Got mine this morning. They were running out, mine has a little bit of an attitude, maybe I should have come sooner and gotten one a little more to my liking.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Not to mention more people blindly defending Cryptic's actions, as if they're the salt of the Earth and can do no wrong. Because a Horta totally makes up for yet another grind and two new blatent cash-grabs in the form of Qmendation Boxes and Cooldown Tokens.

Free gifts are nice, but these are just an pathetic attempt to placate everyone who's up in arms about these latest decisions Cryptic has made.

No, it doesn't.

But they're seperate issues.

Praise where its deserved, scold when its earned.

Never just do one of them.
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    actually, no... i never touched new romulus until it went live... yet i got a mol'rhian tribble.

You didn't have to playtest tribble for 1 hour on New Rom?
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Pre-Anniversary Giveaway ? Day 2

Today?s FREE Federation C-Store item is the Defiant Bridge Pack!

Today?s FREE Klingon C-Store item is the Bird of Prey Bridge Pack!
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
    edited January 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.

But they're seperate issues.

Praise where its deserved, scold when its earned.

Never just do one of them.

Sorry, I don't agree. These issues aren't seperate. They're intrinsically linked, and frankly, they're either the product of the departing EP (in which case, good riddance to bad rubbish) or the new EP (in which case; God help us). The fact that in the past D'Angelo has been linked to decisions that were recieved very badly by the community, i'm concerned that it's the latter.

As I say, i'm not against free gifts, nor do I think we should have free Scimitars foisted on us. But from what i've seen, of late what Cryptic give with one hand, they take away with the other.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    orion marauder patrol cruiser just appeared as free after a quick glance on z-store just now. i dont have it unlocked before hand.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    orion marauder patrol cruiser just appeared as free after a quick glance on z-store just now. i dont have it unlocked before hand.

That one you probably got on summer giveaway.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited January 2014

you sure? says the defiant and BoP Bidge packs are free.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    So, I picked up the Horta thing we got for free yesterday and added it to a FED toon I'm leveling. Busting thru a Klingon augment factory last night and my Horta takes off... No idea where it went... Finish blasting Klingons and Gorn and move to the next room... Here comes my Horta wriggling back to me in a room full of dead Klingons! My first thought... "Dang, dude..." :)
    Haha ty sir, that made my day.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • kanderuskanderus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my rommies(over half my captains) just facepalmed :eek::D
    edited January 2014
    kanderus wrote: »

yes, no bridge pack for you!

Edit: think it would be cool though to have the ability for roms to use bridge packs from their faction.... think of it as a heavy re-fitting to show their alliance a little more.
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »

....but I really LIKE the "Origins" bridge... I'd have been more excited about this one this summer when that wasn't the new default bridge.

Maybe it's cooler "in person" than it looks in the screen shot they posted.
    edited January 2014
    kanderus wrote: »
    tenkari wrote: »
    yes, no bridge pack for you!

Edit: think it would be cool though to have the ability for roms to use bridge packs from their faction.... think of it as a heavy re-fitting to show their alliance a little more.
    This is Cryptic's way of making it so the KDF can't complain that they are the red-headed stepchild anymore...
  • kanderuskanderus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    now they are the red-headed second cousin :cool:
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited January 2014

And Romulans get...nothing because they only have one bridge motif.

Romulans are such decorative fuddy duddies.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Just ...meh. I hardly ever visit my bridge so I have no use for these. I'm not complaining though since it is free. I did like the Horta gift. I like having a horta family with my boffs (only my fed has all 3 atm) just for the heck of it so that saved me up to 6m EC together for two more toons.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • damix4damix4 Member Posts: 609 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And Romulans get...nothing because they only have one bridge motif.

Romulans are such decorative fuddy duddies.

Romulans have only few items at the c-store and those that are there are probably selling so I understand why they left them out. And, most of the players that are playing romulans have fed and/or kdf alt so they gave them something.
  • doublea2014doublea2014 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [1/28 12:22] [Zone #9] Shrann@mhirtes: Gee. Getting a Defiant bridge is not only like getting socks for XMas, but they're used socks that were worn by your creepy uncle who never bathes

Sorry PWE I haven't spent a a** ton of money for you guys to try to pull the wool over the sheeps eyes, GET REAL If you think banning my account is going to stop me from speaking the gods honest truth then your dead wrong, its time for you to listen to your customers MORE WAY MUCH MORE, your trying to give me bridges for a ship that is out dated, I wont even be using my defiant simply because the Fleet Avenger is way better, so don't try giving me free bridges for a ship im not even going to use, That's the Whole reason for me writing this as blunt as possible, im not even going to use, so give away stuff we can actually put to more use, not cool guys, trying to give away defiant bridges to get people to buy defiant. Sad:confused::confused::confused:
    edited January 2014
    Sorry PWE I haven't spent a a** ton of money for you guys to try to pull the wool over the sheeps eyes, GET REAL If you think banning my account is going to stop me from speaking the gods honest truth then your dead wrong, its time for you to listen to your customers MORE WAY MUCH MORE, your trying to give me bridges for a ship that is out dated, I wont even be using my defiant simply because the Fleet Avenger is way better, so don't try giving me free bridges for a ship im not even going to use, That's the Whole reason for me writing this as blunt as possible, im not even going to use, so give away stuff we can actually put to more use, not cool guys, trying to give away defiant bridges to get people to buy defiant. Sad:confused::confused::confused:

um..... all bridges can be used on all ships of that faction..... those are just Defiant STYLED Bridges tat you can use on ALL FED SHIPS, including your avenger.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [1/28 12:22] [Zone #9] Shrann@mhirtes: Gee. Getting a Defiant bridge is not only like getting socks for XMas, but they're used socks that were worn by your creepy uncle who never bathes

You do know you can use the bridge on any fed ship
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • doublea2014doublea2014 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    huh wh would I want to taint my Fleet Avenger with a defiant bridge, when the Avenger bridge is SOOOO MUCH BETTER
    edited January 2014
    huh wh would I want to taint my Fleet Avenger with a defiant bridge, when the Avenger bridge is SOOOO MUCH BETTER

The Avenger doesn't have it's own bridge.
    edited January 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    The Avenger doesn't have it's own bridge.
    FTW.

Lemme guess, it's the Origins Bridge.

I d have to agree, though: if it is the Origins Bridge, it is better...
This discussion has been closed.