test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you were producing a Star Trek Tv show.........

Comments

• revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would go back to basic. The adventures of a particular starship in federation space, period.

The crew and captain would be a little more like the original pike in "the cage", May be not overly pleased and euphoric about his job and position (May be he is divorced and rarely sees his daughter/son because of... Well... Being a starship captain and all that, this kind of stuff).
    The crew would probably involve an Andorian.

It would probably take place shortly after the dominion war with a devastated federation in a phase of rebuilding and on kind of a long journey back to being that Roddenberry ideal of a future world.

Lots of fears, alliances ( with the Klingons and/or romulans) challenged, problems like... We'll cardassians being in need of aid after their almost-genozide, but lots of even federation worlds refusing orders to help since they (kind if rightfully) blame the cardassians for the war... Maybe even ending in a federation civil war (well that might not really be Roddenberrys ideal I admit)

There would be an ongoing b-storyline connecting all episodes, but it would be mainly 2-4 part episodes like the last enterprise season.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bignick3 wrote: »
    I'd like to see The adventures of Captain Hikaru Sulu and the Excelsior myself...plus Takei still seems to have all his marbles and could likely pull it off. I'm a TOS fan first, though, and not everyone will necessarily agree with me on that one. I read some books back in the day focusing on his time as Excelsior's Captain, and thought, "Wouldn't this be so much better than Voyager?"

Agreed completely. George Takei is the MAN.
  • thetford92thetford92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to see a return to the classic exploration format, but with a slight difference, instead of focussing just on the senior officers (to the extent that the entire top brass gets sent out on away missions), I would like to see a bit more of a bottom up approach with how the senior officers interact with their teams and departments, with more frequent "Below Decks" episodes. So for example, instead of sending the entire bridge on an away mission, maybe send a tactical bridge officer, leading a team of regularly recurring group of crewmen, so we get to know them better. Likewise, have similar dynamics in sick bay, science, engineering, security etc in addition to the bridge and include inter departmental rivalries. To continue tradition, a Voyager character will appear in the pilot, and plots will form of major story arch per season, with minor, personal mini story acts during. The atmosphere will be less bubbly and optimistic, with darker themes occasionally occurring, and humans are less seen as the ultimate good guys.

In terms of uniform, I'd like it if Security was separated from Engineering and merged with Command, and separate Medical from Science to be its own department, so it would be Tactical (Red), Engineering (Yellow), Science (Blue), Medical (Green), with options for Commanders, Captains and Admirals to wear colours of their department if they were not Tactical (so a hypothetical Captain Crusher could wear green, while an Admiral Janeway could wear blue if they so choose). There would be three styles of standard uniform, but only the first two appropriate for bridge duty. These would be a standard, which consists of collarless jacket of department colour, white shirt and black trousers with a stripe down the side in department colour; an alternative option which has a knee length skirt in the colour of the department colour which is an option for both males and females and based entirely on personal preference, allowing for cultural practices; and a utility option favoured mostly by Tactical and Engineering which has black cargo pants with department colour stripe down sides and tucked into boots, and a less formal, more durable jacket in department colour with more pockets, plus an optional cap.

In terms of characters, I haven't got a full cast yet, but here is what it will include:

A female Vulcan science officer, played by Dawn French, a frequent, but subtle, deadpan snarker, who makes frequent sarcastic comments, but says them in such a serious, Vulcan manner, that no one notices. She is a bit a renegade in comparison to other Vulcans, tolerating and allowing some hints of emotion, indulgence and illogicality, however, while unnoticed by other races, other Vulcans will sometimes find her mildly offensive.

A male Klingon captain with a background in Science, tall, but slim, a bit of a joker, quite relaxed, and willing to take action based on gut instinct, which causes conflict with his by the book commanders and the admiralty. He doesn't like to use fear and intimidation, and prefers lulling his opponents into a false sense of security, however, he can be serious and stern when he needs to be. He has an appreciation for art especially the skill and discipline of handling the paintbrush. He relates and communicates easily with his crew, but some in the Federation are mistrustful of him due to him being a Klingon due to rising tensions and a Cold War-esque relations between the Federation and the Klingons.

A male human commander, who tolerates the captain's quirks, while being serious himself, he is stern, disciplined, with a strong belief in honour. In the first season finale, it is revealed to the audience that he is a traitor working against the captain and the Federation, and revealed to have caused some of the major issues in the first season and is part of a growing human faction of the Klingon Empire, formed of those who see themselves as fitting the Klingon way as opposed to Federation beliefs. Throughout Season 2, he continues to sabotage the ship's mission, discredit the captain and leak secrets to the Klingons. Once discovered, he flees the ship and defects to Klingon space, and is a frequent antagonist.

A female human Tactical Officer (later Commander), British, stern, strict and disciplined, while being prim and proper and properly kempt. She has a zero tolerance to unprofessional and unruly behaviour, and less than perfect work, which causes frequent conflict with the Captain, and many members of the crew, flat out calling him out, and telling him when she thinks he is wrong (but in private), however, he finds her counsel invaluable. While loyal, she occasionally treats the Captain as if he were a child, and occasionally berates him. While skilled in many martial arts, she is also a keen ballet dancer and violinist, though only her brother knows this about her, who she is overprotective of. She is the only one who is suspicious of the Commander, and is the one who reveals his betrayal.

A male human crewman, who is the younger brother of the Tactical officer, and assistant to the Science officer. Very much quiet meek and reserved, very few on the ship know he is related to the tactical officer. He is frequently nervous, and is frequently implied to have got into Starfleet via connections with his sister. He is gifted academically, perhaps more so than the Science officer, yet rarely has the confidence to voice his own ideas. He is messy and organised, much to the annoyance of his roommate and despite his nervous and twitchy disposition and his slight frame, is a keen and proficient ice hockey player. He secretly has an unrequited crush on one of the male engineers.

A tanned male Betazed Chief Medical Officer, who uses his telepathy to gain a sense of how the patient is feeling, which he uses more with cases where medical tests cannot identify an ailment, but he knows the patient is suffering. He also uses the abilities to act as a counsellor, much to the annoyance of the actual ship's counsellor, and the two are rivals, actively trying to discredit each other. He is very suave and charismatic, and jokes and teases many of his colleagues, patients and friends. He acts as sort of a father figure or big brother to many members of the crew, especially the Science crewman. The commander actively tries to avoid him, and tends to seek treatment from other doctors when needed.

A male human Chief Engineer who is heavily tattooed and has his left arm replaced with a mechanical arm, after it was severed in a freak warp core accident, because of this, he heavily emphasises professional workmanship, a trait he connects well with the Tactical Officer, he is widowed, and has had two failed marriages, and is a bitter individual who prefers solitude. His son also works in engineering, but is a much more open and charming person.

And this is all I'm going to write for now, as I realised it is 5am.
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the new Star Trek series should go back to its roots, they way Gene Roddenberry started it out as but instead of having a whole season dealing with story arcs, have a few episodes with story arcs, like they did in the past e.g Enterprise season 4. With the episodes they should add in what is happening in the real world like politics, environment issues, morals and ethics etc. I like how they add the real world things into the show such as real world scientific discovery and theoretical technologies etc. I think it should start from where we left the TNG crew after nemesis, to continue the story line and could introduce past characters and with the new crew. No remakes/reboots just continue the story. Also they could do a series still in the prime verse but after the events of what happened in ST09 but in the prime verse leading up to the beginning of STO era. The other idea I have is do a series in the STO era. At the beginning of STO era of in the year it is in at the moment in the game. That way also the actors age will much how they are in the reality. This last I idea I have still in the prime verse but do a combination of crews, was thinking bring back TNG,DS9, Voyager crews but in one series. Each doing something different but they discover there is a connection with what they discover.
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How about one that revolves around a Ferengi space station featuring a couple appearances of Armin Sherman and Max whatever his last name is (Rom). The Ferengi on the station could be at odds with a group if Orion pirates and maybe even an episode where those two Ferengi come back from the delta quadrant only to have a voth ship chasing after them to the station.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How about not? 90% of the "Ferengi antics" episodes gave me a headache ("The Magnificent Ferengi" being a rare exception). I'm not sure I could survive an entire series of it.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be animated.
    edited January 2014
    I would be alright with an animated series running along side a live-action series. But the next series I think should go back to the way gene roddenberry started it as but continue it after VOY/Nemesis.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    raj011 wrote: »
    I would be alright with an animated series running along side a live-action series. But the next series I think should go back to the way gene roddenberry started it as but continue it after VOY/Nemesis.

That's where I would put an animated series. I actually started a fan project with that very thing in mind. But that's a story for another day.
    edited January 2014
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Either "Star Trek: Starfleet Command" which would take place during the UFP/Romulan war. Or "Star Trek: Snail Tracks" about a goofy, disjointed, conspiracy, plot, concerning an inter-dimensional race of mollusks, with fricken lazors on their shells, that through the machinations of others are trying to conquer the universe.

They can do that storyline in Star Trek Enterprise, there is a campaign going around to get Enterprise back but on Netflix. They should bring back Enterprise and start a new series. There is so much they can do.
    edited January 2014
    The idea that I have would focus on more than just one ship, though. Different perspectives on the same events. I'm thinking something like "Midway", or "Tora, Tora, Tora", in space. Make it have kind of a pseudo documentary feel to it.

I like the idea of making the series have a documentary feel to it. Also yes I agree they could focus on more then one crew. But still want it be in the prime verse and have it the way Gene Roddenberry start it as. They could still continue Enterprise and start a new series set after VOY/Nemesis. Personally I want Enterprise back to bridge the gap between ENT and TOS. Also have a series either in between VOY/NEM and the events of ST09, have a series set in between the events of ST09 and before STO era or have a series in the STO era which the game could also link to. All in the prime verse. Maybe do a series in the distant future, Daniels timeline.
    edited January 2014
    I wouldn't mind something in the 25th century. I just wouldn't want any of the garbage from STO linked to it, in any way. And I don't care for the whole Time cops, thing either. Time cops are just as ridiculous as gigantic spaceballs as far as I'm concerned.

whats wrong with STO?, there are a lot of stories they could use in the new series or have the series take place at the beginning of sto era or the year it is in now in the game? The new series also could be on the Enterprise F, which is the odyssey design.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is that a rhetorical question?

Dyson spheres, space dinosaurs, Romulan Republic, everybody is at war with everybody, neutered Borg, all the TRIBBLE from Voyager, the Enterprise F, Val Kel Shon, Klingon farmers, omega force, time cops from the future.

That's a start.

What's wrong with the Ent-F and Romulan Republic?
    edited January 2014
    ryan218 wrote: »
    What's wrong with the Ent-F and Romulan Republic?

Don't feed the troll. That guy hates everything about STO but plays it anyway.
    edited January 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Lol exactly. I said in another thread he should change his call sign to Captain Negativity. Lol

Not to mention, that dude thinks that Klingon farmers are impossible.

So I laid out like 6 pages of perfectly logical sociological and xenobiological argumentsthat demonstrated rather unequivocally that Klingon farmers are not only perfectly logical, but a biological necessity on Qo'noS.

He ignored everything I said. Basically, he said "Klingons are warriors, so they raid for their food."

Notwithstanding that raiding alone is unsustainable, especially for a spacefaring society.

:D:D:D

LMFAO.
  • cocobaleadascocobaleadas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Star Trek: Risian Shore
    6 losers bunched in a cabin to act stupid, get drunk, TRIBBLE other species and fight each other. 2 male, 2 female, 1 alien with both genders and the original Snooki from Jersey Shore
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    1.) So I laid out like 6 pages of perfectly logical sociological and xenobiological argumentsthat demonstrated rather unequivocally that Klingon farmers are not only perfectly logical, but a biological necessity on Qo'noS.

2.) He ignored everything I said.

LMFAO.

1.) Slow please, I am Austrian

2. Whoooo?? I am going Berzerker :mad::mad::mad:
  • joshglassjoshglass Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hawkwing43 wrote: »
    I have read many post about what people would like to see as a new show, so I figured to have fun with that idea, and expand on it a bit more.

So........

You are the Producer of a NEW Star Trek TV show, you been given a budget of 15 million per season, with 13 episode. per season ordered. You have the green light to do 3 full seasons, with another 3 on hold pending the ratings of the 1st 3 seasons.

You can pick from A rated actors to play your key roles, with unknowns to fill out the other cast. You will be give a few walk on guest stars roles of TOP level actors, and star trek actors of the past will get cameos over the course of the season. Some of the Older Star Trek actors must get a story arc in each season, as part of your deal for the new show. How many you use is up to you.

So what would you do if you had control to make a new show?

Star Trek: Outcasts

The civilian transport drops out of warp, it's engines grinding to a halt. The crew scrabbles to find what happened: Sabotage! As the word gets to the Captain's ear, something drops out of warp: Is that an old Constitution class cruiser? It looks battered, beat up, it has two different nacelles and other obvious and crude modifications, but it's definitely an old Connie. The comms open and an old Connie bridge, dirty, modified, and ill kept appears with an extravagantly dressed man sitting in the old Captain's chair. He has a broad brimmed hat with a feather and a well trimmed mustache and pointed beard. He's almost a parody of the classical Earth image of a pirate captain, except instead of a parrot on his shoulder there is a small, dragon looking creature. He orders the Captain to surrender his vessel and his crew will be unharmed. The cargo vessel is unloaded, but the pirates do drag off one member of the freighters crew; the undercover who sabotaged the freighter to begin with. It doesn't linger and the old battered cruiser is off to warp again. As it heads out the screen cuts to the inside of the Connie's bridge where the Pirate removes his hat, mustache and beard to the raucous celebration of another easy catch! <roll intro credits>

The protagonists of the show are no longer clean cut Starfleet personnel, (though some might be former Starfleet like the Pirate Captain), the show centers on the fringe of the Star Trek universe, and follows a crew of pirates as they evade the powerful governments, battle evils worse than themselves, and try to profit along the way. The fringes of known space is where they have to live, being pushed out ever further from civilized societies. Not having the top of the line equipment, they scavenge, and adapt themselves as best they can to situations. Underdogs trying to stay on top of things.

Cast:

Captain: Alyn Tudyk (Gene Modified Human)
    Quartermaster/XO: Katie Sackhoff (Orion, former "Slave")
    Boarding Mistress: Gina Carano (Vulcan follower of V'tosh ka'tur)
    Engineer: Jason Momoa (Gene Modified Human)
    Doctor: Robert Picardo (Rogue/"Corrupted" Holographic Doctor)

All other crew members would be a splash of different races, played by newcomers. The lower crew members should be killed off occasionally to show that they can die, but the crew should be loyal to each other with only the occasional bad egg thrown in for drama.

Set after Voyagers return, any of the Next Generation, DS9, or Voyager characters could return for story arcs either as undercover Federation, or Captains of starships, or even as Admirals leading task forces to apprehend the dangerous Pirates!

Back stories of the main crew would be investigated throughout the show but baseline background would be the Captain and his engineer being discovered as "Augments" and having to go on the run from Authorities and so heading to the fringes of the Federation territories. Being an Augment he is immune to Orion pheromones and becomes the object of an Orion "slave girl"s interest. The type 1 Doctor program that was retired was perhaps stolen and reprogrammed to suit that need, and the Boarding Mistress is an outcast from Vulcan Society, having embraced emotion instead of Logic.
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    EDIT: NVM. Ignore me.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • jakobhaydenjakobhayden Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been kicking around an idea for a show on a Starfleet medical ship during a war with ... whomever. We almost never get to see medical ships and it's a part of the Star Trek universe that deserves to be explored. It can't be "just another doctor show", though; they have to get into some pretty nasty situations.
  • enderssoupenderssoup Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sign a deal with HBO via Netflix to feature a 7 episode per season series.
    Excuse me, excuse me, would you mind stopping that darn noise?
    obscene gesture, vulcan neck pinch, claps, cheers
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First thing would be to ask for more episodes. 13? I think that a season should be at least 24 episodes. That leaves room for a few pre-emptions and then either a second show after the first airing or a repeat of the season for fans and late-comers.

==============

I would set the show during a war. If I could work in the "Abrams-verse" that would be ideal, and I could use Klingons, and the Romulan threat would always be there.

I would keep it small and simple; Focus on a Starfleet special operations force serving onboard their own forward-deployed ship.

A small core cast (the special forces team) with a handful of recurring roles (ship staff).

Most of the action would be ground-based, with stories involving rescue operations or sabotage, with an occasional space battle.

They could also encounter unknown phenomena while carrying out their missions, so even an episode that gives them the relatively simple task of setting up a listening device on some distant moon can result in an adventure that wouldn't involve fighting Klingons, so that sense of exploration remains.
  • ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2014
    Big problem is that the Sopranos and the quality long form drama that followed have highlighted how weak and formulaic most episodic TV and hollywood movies are. Right now I'd find it very difficult to watch an adventure of the week TV show, however a huge chunk of a possible trek audience would want exactly that. So pretty much there are 4 types of choices:

Long form snails pace quality - HBO does trek, great for the tiny audience that would watch. This is what I'd like and couldn't care less about the setting if it was done well.

Abrams big bangs - too expensive to do well on TV and not Trek, there are lots of superhero cartoons for people that want that stuff and a new Star Wars one coming later this year.

STNG, DS9, Voyager style show - more of the same and that was getting old 10+ years ago. After BSG do people really want to go back to child and casual viewer friendly adventure of the week?

Old school TOS scifi stories - fine but I can't help but notice that shows like the Twilight Zone don't get made any more and are there the Bixby level writers to do it?

Enterprise jumped between one type and another and they couldn't figure out a balance in time, lack of interesting characters and that damned song didn't help.

I have no idea how you make a show that is enjoyable to people that watch CSI and those that prefer soviet art films to superhero reboots, without going the HBO route and losing casual viewers.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ovinspace wrote: »
    Big problem is that the Sopranos and the quality long form drama that followed have highlighted how weak and formulaic most episodic TV and hollywood movies are. Right now I'd find it very difficult to watch an adventure of the week TV show, however a huge chunk of a possible trek audience would want exactly that. So pretty much there are 4 types of choices:

Long form snails pace quality - HBO does trek, great for the tiny audience that would watch. This is what I'd like and couldn't care less about the setting if it was done well.

Abrams big bangs - too expensive to do well on TV and not Trek, there are lots of superhero cartoons for people that want that stuff and a new Star Wars one coming later this year.

STNG, DS9, Voyager style show - more of the same and that was getting old 10+ years ago. After BSG do people really want to go back to child and casual viewer friendly adventure of the week?

Old school TOS scifi stories - fine but I can't help but notice that shows like the Twilight Zone don't get made any more and are there the Bixby level writers to do it?

Enterprise jumped between one type and another and they couldn't figure out a balance in time, lack of interesting characters and that damned song didn't help.

I have no idea how you make a show that is enjoyable to people that watch CSI and those that prefer soviet art films to superhero reboots, without going the HBO route and losing casual viewers.

I had in mind for my post something formatted similarly to DS9 or Stargate SG-1: good myth arc with season-long sub-arcs, but episodic enough that you can miss an episode and still be able to follow it (and SG-1 usually stuck a "previously on" in the continuity-heavy episodes anyway). And given it's set in a scenario where the Federation is basically on its last legs militarily (it starts with the enemy capturing Earth, for Pete's sake), it'd definitely be more like nBSG or late DS9 in tone than like the other series.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2014
    I found the standalone episode of the TNG-Voy becoming simultaneously entertaining and dissatisfying, like they'd figured out how to do entertaining episodes and could crank them out at will, I can't see myself wanting to go from Breaking Bad to a version of Trek they've done before. Its also pretty inconceivable that the TV execs would consider something not family friendly, and it seems kind of unfair on any younger viewers for grumpy old Wire fans to get a show that only 20% of an audience might want. I'm guessing lots of people here are Walking Dead/Game of Thrones/True Blood viewers, would that group really want a kid friendly show?

Is there a canonical future in the mythos? In Enterprise and Voyager the future for the Fed looked pretty good with those temporal ships
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd like to a series centered on Section 31. The dirty underhanded do-whatever-it-takes side of the Federation.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There are two stories I'd very much like to see.

The first, I'm really not seeing it happen, because "it's been done before". It could be a Federation ship in another galaxy, but that is so Voyager+Stargate that it doesn't even make sense. Anything in the Alfa and Beta quadrants is also old news.

The sencond would be a "Red Squad" story like. I very much like the idea of a ship of cadets being cut out from the Federation. It allows for great character development, the shaping of Starfleet officers as they struggle to raise to the standard we came to expect, conditioned by their particular situation, their morals and principles always hanging in the balance with each decision. This story would allow for the old exploration "thing" behind enemy lines, trying to find new tech, intel and hitting the enemy covertly wherever possible.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's why the BSG reboot was so bad. With all the extreme close ups, and the artsy fartsy camera work, They got so far away from the premises of what made the original, so great.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I watched the reimagined BSG end-to-end after a month long Star Trek binge, and I can honestly say it was easily one of the best Sci-Fi shows i've seen in recent years.

As for a new Trek show; I honestly think i'd set it around the time that we play STO in. We've got political upheavals, planetary-wide disasters. The barabarians (figuratively and literally) are at the gates.

I imagine places like Earth are not the Utopia's once seen in the show. With the threat of war with the Klingons, the Undine inflitrations, the Borg incursions and now the Dyson Spheres, I dare say Earth and other Fed worlds are pretty paranoid right now.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Let's see.

Season one:
    Small Federation patrol ship from the movie Era. (reuses Miranda models.)
    This is not one of the glory ships like Enterprise or Excelsior. This is the ship that goes out to do the less glamourous jobs. Older captain just looking to put in his time till he can retire with all his pieces intact.
    His last mission ended he has to do one more tour to go home to the quiet he ran from and now misses.
    With the ship having finished a tour you get to see a handful of grizzled officers leaving this beat up ship as new officers are assigned to the billet.
    An ancestor of Soong is assigned as a science officer. (NOT Brent Spiner. Use Spiner as his/her father for the send off. Recommend making the character female so no one expects her to look too much like Spiner.)
    Use an almost all human crew. (Keep costume costs to a minimum.)
    Use virtual unknowns for main cast for budget and availability.
    Ship is sent to patrol the new open zone as the Khitomer accords have just changed the face of politics. Deal with the Syndicate and rogue Klingons that are violently unhappy with the new peace.
    Not all new cast arrive in the pilot. Slot for replacements after a few episodes. Several months between starbases and unlike ships like Enterprise they can't just stop their patrol to take refugees to new homes on a whim. Use this to add a fish out of water character to explore how the Federation and star fleet does things. Recommend an orion smuggler. Used to getting things done by how is easiest this time. Not by some book. Has some sense of justice and right and wrong. (Not a slaver or drug runner. But bootleg entertainment and romulan ale can be profitable.) If the character proves popular to the fans. Keep him/her. If not they depart when they final reach the next station.
    No more than three times in the season. Have Excelsior arrive and end a fight that would be tough for our little ship just by arriving. Show Sulu's replacement getting accolades just for showing up while our protagonists are sent back to work.

Season Two:
    With the cast selected based on viewer popularity. Show the threads that had been barely seen in the first season to be the manipulation of the Tal Shiar. Our protagonists shift from their patrol to neutral worlds near the Romulan border as they work to uncover the plot by their crafty neighbors.

Season Three:
    Last year of the patrol. With the links obvious to our protagonists they have a choice. Go behind the lines in Romulan space and find the final secrets. Or obey orders and let the politicians handle the situation. (yeah right)
    The ever shifting issues in the romulan sphere make the actions of our protagonists force them to turn their attentions inward. The end of the season has them close their borders as they deal with the internal strife from their own actions.
    Our protagonists finally return to the Utopia Planitia yards.
    The ship to be refitted or scrapped. The crew reassigned or given a new mission.

All that would depend on if the producers green light a fourth season or not. .

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Whaddaya think?

I'd expect most production companies to be turned off by a show that doesn't focus on the Federation. I know that we all like the Klingons and Romulans but ostensibly, they've never been the main "characters" of any Star Trek series.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif