test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two Graphics Change Requests

hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
The first change I would really love to see is in regards to the cone fire of the new Proton Ground Gun or the Proton Burst attack from the Dyson Set.

This just sort of sprays some little lines around and is extremely... well... ugly.

Even a slew of thin beams connecting to each target would be good. A Protonic "flash" infront of you could be rather neat.

Another idea would be a mostly transparent but solid cone of Protons sweeping over the enemy from the gun.

The Dyson Engines currently do not affect ship visuals but I think a great visual change would be to make the engines of the ships they enhance leave trails like the Obelisk carrier and Swarmers do.
Post edited by hasukurobi on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    I actually kinda like the shotgun look of the Proton Gun's alt fire.

I don't have any pieces of the Dyson set, but if it doesn't change the engine trails... then the Obelisk engine trails would make sense. The shield gives the hull a similar appearance after all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I actually kinda like the shotgun look of the Proton Gun's alt fire.

I don't have any pieces of the Dyson set, but if it doesn't change the engine trails... then the Obelisk engine trails would make sense. The shield gives the hull a similar appearance after all.

Indeed the engine does not change the engine trails at all which is disappointing.