test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Voth Lock Box

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The Voth Lock Box is one of our best lock boxes yet! Read more to see images of all the items that you have the possibility of winning or buying from the Lobi store.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Voth Lock Box is one our best lock boxes yet!
    The Tal Shiar Lock Box is our best lock box yet!
    The Elachi Lock Box is one our best lock boxes yet!
    The Temporal Lock Box is our best lock box yet!
    I notice a theme developing..........

EDIT: Another thing, how come on both the Elachi and gthe Voth, there is the same word forgotten? Is it copied and pasted?
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Eh, they same the same thing about movies.

EVERY MOVIE IS THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR. :P
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    They copy and paste the same junk every time one comes out. Bran forgot to change the name of the lock box when the Voth one first came out.
  • specialenvoyspecialenvoy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't know about you guys, but I want to see how the tractor repulsor pull works.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want pwebranflakes back. :(
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I want pwebranflakes back. :(

Thats right... Let the devs and other PWE employees know how much you appriciate them...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What is it that crazy flash effect from Voth trooper cannon?
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tmassx wrote: »

The melee was replaced with a point blank AoE ability with slight knockback, does electric damage and damages shields. Does more damage against "electronics," whatever those are.
  • matchstick606matchstick606 Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tmassx wrote: »

3rd attack mode that has a short range area effect attack that also does knock back.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    The melee was replaced with a point blank AoE ability with slight knockback, does electric damage and damages shields. Does more damage against "electronics," whatever those are.

Has anyone tested if the borg count as said "electronics"?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Now THIS post is how all lockboxes need to be presented WHEN THEY FIRST COME OUT. Showing a fairly detailed list of what can be in it!

Every damn lockbox has had vague lists. For example, when the Voth box first came out I had to search every freaking doff profession to see what Voth doffs there were.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why is this post only coming up now, when this lockbox was released quite some time ago?
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why is this post only coming up now, when this lockbox was released quite some time ago?

You should see neverwinter they post post post about the lockboxes since they push out 4 lockboxes for every 1 lockbox we get in STO. Then again their exchange rate is usually 3-4 times higher than ours so when you check them out and then come back to STO it doesn't seem so bad lol :D
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    hypl wrote: »

Electronics were replaced by Duotronics back in the 2240s. :D

But seriously, I think it means that there is bonus damage against constructed items like turrets, mortars, drones, and generators.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You should see neverwinter they post post post about the lockboxes since they push out 4 lockboxes for every 1 lockbox we get in STO.

How is that even possible ?
    Something like "remember hat lockbox from last Thursday ? well never mind about it as we have this new and much more awesome stuff 4 u " ?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This must be another failed lockbox....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    This must be another failed lockbox....

Considering how few Voth guns I have seen in use. Yes. It is a failbox.
    /Floozy
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Took me about an hour to find it, but I did. From the Elachi thread;
    Y'all are so funny :P

I typically run one of these blogs several weeks after a Lock Box launches (started with the Tholian, and I accidentally forgot the Dominion):

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=792951
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=633771
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=947621

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Took me about an hour to find it, but I did. From the Elachi thread;
    Y'all are so funny :P

I typically run one of these blogs several weeks after a Lock Box launches (started with the Tholian, and I accidentally forgot the Dominion):

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=792951
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=633771
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=947621

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Was waiting for someone to post this quote :cool: It's going to happen with every lock box, unless we unintentionally forget.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So... the next lockbox you release will be the best one yet? :confused:

Got to love that corporate copypasta boiler-plate. How about some real sales statistics, Bran?
  • aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    So... the next lockbox you release will be the best one yet? :confused:

Got to love that corporate copypasta boiler-plate. How about some real sales statistics, Bran?

They won't do that. It would displease their PW masters...
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Was waiting for someone to post this quote :cool: It's going to happen with every lock box, unless we unintentionally forget.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If everyone is going to be the best one yet then it'sa waste of time posting it. Can you not intentionally forget to post this
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Any truth the appearance that the drop rates for the ships have been lowered for the Elachi / Voth lockboxes?

According to some testing ( voth and elachi ) it looks like the drop rate for the main prize of the lockboxes has been nerfed. While the sample size isn't as big as one would like, it does suggest that something may have changed.

What's the deal Cryptic?
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    With the drop rates on the dilith claims, I am skipping all future boxes, there is no reason to have 3 or 4 years worth of bound claims per toon.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    cidjack wrote: »
    With the drop rates on the dilith claims, I am skipping all future boxes, there is no reason to have 3 or 4 years worth of bound claims per toon.

More characters Cid :).

My opinion on the Voth Lockbox:

Interesting doffs- most I think are bad but some are ok. I wouldn't use them ever at all, but I can see how they could be useful.

Ships: meh, doesn't suit my purposes, but it was a step up from the Elachi/Tal ships.

Console: would never use.

Hated the traits, compared to Inspirational Leader and Helmsman this new trait is just bad.

Voth ap- terrible, was super psyched to see ap in a lockbox until I saw the proc, its bad and should feel bad for being in existence.

Overall the voth lockbox was a bad box for me, I opened some on launch day, but for future box openings, I wouldn't open one ever again.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Any truth the appearance that the drop rates for the ships have been lowered for the Elachi / Voth lockboxes?

Drop rates have not changed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Well, obviously they will claim "best lockbox yet" for every shiney new thing. That's just business.

If you want a real assessment, exchange prices for past lockboxes are a fine indicator of what is better and what is seen by most as not so good.

Well, to be fair, I would hope that a newer lockbox would be at least 'as good as' the previous... I mean, at least if they were honest, that is what they would 'think' about it...

Probably most honest would be something like this:
    Ok, here's the new lockbox. We think it's pretty damned good. And it has some new stuff we haven't had in previous lockboxes, along with some stuff from previous boxes that you guys have said you like... but we know this won't please everyone.

That would be impossible, because you people are a crazy bunch of awesome people mixed in with

the usual fanboys,
    malcontents,
    misanthropes,
    recluses,
    pessimists,
    cynics,
    Trek Uber-Savants and fetishists,
    doomsayers,
    whiners,
    and complainers,

many 'unique' personalities, so like any human endeavor, we can only please some of you... but we honestly think you'll like it. Let us know what you think!

As for lockbox prices - are there really lockboxes worth more than nothing? Because I've been woodchipping Tal Shiar boxes for room in my danged inventory, they seem to be so cheap and I had stacks of stacks...

(I thought the quality of the latest box was "ancillarily proportional" [I made this up; hoping it makes sense] to the current key prices)
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • tachyonharmonictachyonharmonic Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Drop rates have not changed.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the clarification