test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why did no one tell me the KDF was so cool?

124»

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Some more reasons to play KDF...No ESD child spam ... Enjoy the civility of the First City...
    Lol, I think on the last, it's more "Let's not talk at Qo'nos at all. I've seen hours of silence while at the Academy, First City/Shipyard, and the system zone. Not that that's a BAD thing, I think most people just either save their "communicativeness/arguments/etc" for ESD, or their so worn out by ESD, when the hop on to their Klin character, all they want is some peace & quiet.

I prefer to think of it these ways.

- A true warrior does not feel the need to speak every five seconds to remind others he is present.

- When a warrior speaks, it is only because there is something important to say.

- Remain silent whenever an Orion walks by.
    Your mindless prattle about nothing at all is interrupting my enjoyment of the current tactical view. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    I think KDF feels more authentic. It makes sense for KDF to shoot first and ask questions later. The Feds are supposed to be the other way around as portrayed in every series. But here they are as bloodthirsty and violent as the Klingons. I also feel the Fed storyline loses focus and feels disjoint.

KDF needs a few more ships, some more costumes and it would be on par with Feds.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • kchundakchunda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    I think KDF feels more authentic. It makes sense for KDF to shoot first and ask questions later. The Feds are supposed to be the other way around as portrayed in every series. But here they are as bloodthirsty and violent as the Klingons. I also feel the Fed storyline loses focus and feels disjoint.

KDF needs a few more ships, some more costumes and it would be on par with Feds.

This is why I went KDF and have never looked back upon my original Fed character (I explain it as they are the same character, now no longer undercover). Shooting first is glorious!!!
    Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
  • zognogzzognogz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    does any body use this for the game

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/klingon-translator/id516329934?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks in advance :)
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My KDF Rom is my main toon, and I love hanging out at the First City. It seems much more traditional, in the context of the faction. Drunk officers singing battle songs, Bat'leths smacking together, steel being wrought in the crafting area, shuttles and fighters screaming overhead while on patrol and transportation duties, and the High Council chamber just wraps it all into cultural conservative harmony. It is many worlds better than the robotic whir of Starfleet Academy, or the rainforest vibe of Dewa III (New Romulus is Rator III, Republic scum! I'm a Shiar ih'Saeihr Rihan loyalist to the day I die, and then some.)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • dwatt78dwatt78 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have continuously returned to my kdf's as my mains because the feds as portrayed in this game are fools. Everytime you turn around there is another high ranking important fed who is an undine. Do they seriously have no security. I find the Klingons are the only sane power in the galaxy. And Klingons seriously have this I am a bad man don't mess with me look.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dwatt78 wrote: »
    I have continuously returned to my kdf's as my mains because the feds as portrayed in this game are fools. Everytime you turn around there is another high ranking important fed who is an undine. Do they seriously have no security. I find the Klingons are the only sane power in the galaxy. And Klingons seriously have this I am a bad man don't mess with me look.

And not only that, but the Klingons in STO generally act like the Klingons from the shows as oposed to the Federation which was the beacon of hope, equality and peacefull coexistence in Star Trek, but it's all militarisctic badass "shoot on sight" in STO.
    That was the big faction changer for me back in the day. On the red side, the game feels like Star Trek. When I play KDF it is possible for me to immerse myslef in the experience and feel like one of the Klingon captains from the shows and books. When I play Fed., I have waaay too many WTF and :rolleyes: moments.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    KDF is pretty cool. All the red however drives me away.

Full crew of Lizardmen goodness + Orion.
    http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/594743205802654445/B0684AD65E1B7D4E7FE2E0166578066F3097E81B/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have a Ferasan and plan to make a Gorn. I felt the same way when I first joined the KDF after seeing the new tutorial.
  • hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    I was referring to how user friendly the Macintosh (whether a Power Mac or an IMAC) OS is. It would keep running until a catastrophic error caused it to either crash or permanently freeze forcing you to unplug it. Compare that to Windows which glitches with the slightest encoding error.

Windows is NOT and never has been designed for use by the common person; it was designed for engineers and programmers. While MAC OS gets easier and easier to use, window goes from difficult to hard, to manageable to difficult. From 95/98/XP to Vista was a major step backwards, Vista to Windows 8 was worse.

Windows OS confines the user, MAC OS allows only the imagination to constrain the user.

Marketing. ME and Vista, were designed for those who HAVE to have the next best thing so MS could put some money in their pocket. Make something flawed and that isn't easy to revert back to the old OS and the less intelligent people will submit and buy the next one which is launched shortly after. Quite a smart tactic which a lot of companies use.

But yes, KDF is, and has always, been the best faction in the game. It takes true skill to play the KDF from start to finish on Elite, in nothing but a BoP, while using a tactical toon. If you can do that you have gained my respect!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    shadokitty wrote: »
    I have a Ferasan and plan to make a Gorn. I felt the same way when I first joined the KDF after seeing the new tutorial.

It never ends I eventually started off just going to make 3 Klingons of each class and then it went from that to atleast one of each race. Now I have one empty character slot but some races in the KDF I have 3 of each/one of every class lol.

Rough thing to stomach though is although its cool to have all these races playable in the KDF but they already stated they won't be continueing any ship lines like the orion, nausicaan, gorn etc.

KDF is cool to play but when you want to really get into the KDF and would like say places to raid other than leveling difficulty missions like pi canis sorties. There just is nothing for like raids for KDF at end game other than to do those repeatables and grind the latest reputation system.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I created my KDF not very long ago. I should have create it earlier though to earn enough Qmendations for the free starship. I am 200 qmendations short... :(.

I mostly play my Fed character which is level 50 vs. level 17 for KDF. Fed is mostly for farming dilithium and also earn marks, doesn't matter which marks, I am just doing those mission at random. I abandoned the main story line from at about level 15 or so. I will return to them soon enough. As for my KDF I am currently doing the main story, but I will soon be going off track and just do whatever. Part of that whatever includes dilithium farming and lots of random combat to develop combat tactics.

Ground combat totally sucks in STO, but at least with KDF you start off with a bat'leth which kinda makes ground combat a little more bearable... or perhaps it is just because I am holding a bat'leth.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    I created my KDF not very long ago. I should have create it earlier though to earn enough Qmendations for the free starship. I am 200 qmendations short... :(.

I mostly play my Fed character which is level 50 vs. level 17 for KDF. Fed is mostly for farming dilithium and also earn marks, doesn't matter which marks, I am just doing those mission at random. I abandoned the main story line from at about level 15 or so. I will return to them soon enough. As for my KDF I am currently doing the main story, but I will soon be going off track and just do whatever. Part of that whatever includes dilithium farming and lots of random combat to develop combat tactics.

Ground combat totally sucks in STO, but at least with KDF you start off with a bat'leth which kinda makes ground combat a little more bearable... or perhaps it is just because I am holding a bat'leth.

You should try going berserk on the Borg with a full away team equiped with top-notch bat'leths. :cool:
    Fun times, fun times. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    You should try going berserk on the Borg with a full away team equiped with top-notch bat'leths. :cool:

heh, once in a hard group, there was a whole team of people with full KHG mark XII armour. As soon as the borg adapted, it was just full on epic bat'leth combat :D Ahhhh, good times, good times. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcjetarcjet Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ground combat in STO only sucks if you put zero effort into it.

It can actually be a lot of fun. For starters, try turning on auto-attack.. (which btw. works wonders for Bath'leths and their reduced engagement range compared to swords)
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

I remember doing this in the old version of the STFs with the old borg, it was often quicker and more fun to go Mr Stabs on the Borg than to shoot them.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    arcjet wrote: »

It can actually be a lot of fun. For starters, try turning on auto-attack.. (which btw. works wonders for Bath'leths and their reduced engagement range compared to swords)
    I can't recommend auto attack. It doesn't do combo moves well. All it does is stab repeatedly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    arcjet wrote: »

Putting this in my sig.

And yeah, the KDF is awesome. I wish I made my Romulan main KDF aligned instead of Federation, I really don't have the patience to do the end game stuff all over again but I absolutely loved the Klingon storyline and wish I had the patience to actually main two characters.