test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why did no one tell me the KDF was so cool?

alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Seriously, I am mainly a Federation player, but a free C-store ship can lure the best of us, and I recently started a Orian Alt. The KDF is amazingly cool, awesome duty officer missions, enough contraband to drown an unprepared player, and the moments when your non Klingon acts like a Klingon.

I am serious when I say that I am glad to have started a KDF alt, though I never liked them in the shows, their faction is fun, the missions are fun, and the duty officer system pays out so much more than the Fed one.

Try and spread the good word long time KDF players, I see no reason why anyone wouldn't want to play this side as well
"I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
Post edited by alan171717 on

Comments

• stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Fyi; the KDF is cool!
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • oakland4lifeoakland4life Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried to play Fed once, but decide stick to the KDF as my main faction after seeing what Feds was typing on ur ESD and other chats where Feds would be...

only use my ''Terran Empire'' toon for dilithium farming nowadayz...
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I tried to play Fed once, but decide stick to the KDF as my main faction after seeing what Feds was typing on ur ESD and other chats where Feds would be...

only use my ''Terran Empire'' toon for dilithium farming nowadayz...

Yeah, I keep my chat closed...
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    IMO the only time Klingons are cool is when a Klingon messed up during a snowball fight.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No one told you this because no one plays KDF, obviously!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lol, I had similar thoughts when I first joined up :D Welcome to our ranks
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah KDF is the most naturally entertaining faction
  • shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    No one told you this because no one plays KDF, obviously!

well apparently they do play kdf cuz you see a lot of kdf in pvp and other stuff (oh and in my sig....)
    ogew7.jpg
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I created my first KDF toon last year, but only to help out with the starbase of our KDF sister fleet. It wasn't really until this past summer that I really played that toon, and came to enjoy the KDF side. To me it really feels like a different playstyle and is quite refreshing.

Amusing sidebar: When LoR went live, a fleet mate was leveling his Romulan and couldn't decide whom to ally with. I told him, "Better dead than Fed."
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I just found this out myself recently! WHO knew? :eek:
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I thought about making a thread, but I figure just a post in this thread will do:

My Fed engineer (handsome fellow as my avatar) is my main toon and takes priority over all others, BUT...

I have the most fun on my KDF characters.

My Klingon Tac is my first and main KDF toon. Currently flies the Fleet Mogh, and loves every second of it.

My Orion Sci is mostly a Ker'rat dweller when I choose to, flying around in a sci-heavy B'rel and generally annoying the hell out of anyone I want.

My Klingon Eng is ironically my least played character outside of some old farming toons I have, despite both loving engies as a class, and enjoying my other KDF toons. How does THAT work, y'know?

My Lethean Tac is a ground-specced toon, and I LOVE playing on him on the ground. With rep tokens, I've started leveling his rep more easily, making me more desiring to play him.

On the other sides...

Both my Romulan toons so far are KDF allied (and if I ever get around to it, so will the third one).

Romulan Sci is my lesser played Romulan, flies a T'varo because I could, but otherwise ain't done much.

Reman Tac flies his Scimitar, and likes to Thalaron things a lot.

Fed Tac is probably my least played Fed toon and nearly played as much as my Klingon eng, that is how much I neglect him.

Fed Sci is a ground-specced offensive science guy, and if you know me in the game, you know exactly who he is and why that is the case.

Again, point is that, for the most part, I enjoy my Klingons WAY more than my Feds for the most part.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • genadagenada Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Be sure to check out the duty officer stuff, it's way better then the Fed side. They have a lot of missions that will get you both Catfood and a lot that provide good dil pay outs.

The KDF is pretty awesome to play, wish more would try it out because it is awesome:)
    edited December 2013
    sohtoh wrote: »
    Amusing sidebar: When LoR went live, a fleet mate was leveling his Romulan and couldn't decide whom to ally with. I told him, "Better dead than Fed."
    Yeah, really, there are not a lot of compelling reasons to go Fed as a Rommie. All the good stuff is KDF-side, and every reason that people use to justify why they specifically chose Fed are entirely short-sighted.

In the end, your fleet level doesn't matter, what matters is this: DIPLOMACY or MARAUDING?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    alan171717 wrote: »
    Seriously, I am mainly a Federation player, but a free C-store ship can lure the best of us, and I recently started a Orian Alt. The KDF is amazingly cool, awesome duty officer missions, enough contraband to drown an unprepared player, and the moments when your non Klingon acts like a Klingon.

I am serious when I say that I am glad to have started a KDF alt, though I never liked them in the shows, their faction is fun, the missions are fun, and the duty officer system pays out so much more than the Fed one.

Try and spread the good word long time KDF players, I see no reason why anyone wouldn't want to play this side as well

You are slow :D But anyway I hope you picked a female orion alt. :)
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only down side I will point out is that almost no one KDF side ever queues up for KDF vs. KDF matches. It seems like for the most part KDF players would rather beat the TRIBBLE out of Feds than try to improve their skills against other KDF officers.

Why do I complain about this? You can count on one hand how many KDF Player ship kills I have and just a little over double that in KDF Player Ground kills.
    edited December 2013
    Well, for the longest time, queuing for KDF matches was an exercise in futility. You'd need TWICE as many KDF players. Since people wanting a fight would thus queue for both, the FvK would inevitably pop first and drain the buffer. Since you can only queue for a limited number of things, eventually people just gave up wasting their slot on it.

Besides, apparently, Klingons don't really fight each other nearly as much as Feds want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately, no one can be told how cool the KDF is.
    You have to see it for yourself. :cool:
  • pieeatterpieeatter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dancing orion girls at the star base;)
    Punish the feds!!!
  • davehilanderdavehilander Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hate to post a "me too" message, but...
    The KDF ships are tons of fun. Flying a BoP using attack pattern alpha is like fighting from a rollercoaster. They take some practice and can pop easily at first, so don't give up on your first couple of attempts. Later try a retro K't'inga, it is closer to a raider than a cruiser - especially if you skill a BOff with aux to inertial dampeners! Of course the new Mogh is the best way to keep up with the Kumari and Scimitars. (Is the plural Kumari or Kumaris?)

Join the faction with the most ' characters in their names!
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I know right?!?
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    When you and your crew beam aboard a Starfleet vessel, slaughter the surviving crew, let the Captain watch his crew being shot to pieces, then proceed and beat the hell out of him for some important Security Codes, then execute him afterwards, was when I realized how awesome KDF missions are.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hate to post a "me too" message, but...
    The KDF ships are tons of fun. Flying a BoP using attack pattern alpha is like fighting from a rollercoaster. They take some practice and can pop easily at first, so don't give up on your first couple of attempts. Later try a retro K't'inga, it is closer to a raider than a cruiser - especially if you skill a BOff with aux to inertial dampeners! Of course the new Mogh is the best way to keep up with the Kumari and Scimitars. (Is the plural Kumari or Kumaris?)

Join the faction with the most ' characters in their names!
    Quoted for truth!

I fell in love with the Gurumba the first time I saw someone orbiting Qo'noS making it shift from Siege mode and back. Sexy beast.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Despite the benign neglect from pwe/cryptic, which was corrected (somewhat) by the new tutorial and the release of the Mogh. Despite the cut and paste of some of the episodes, where loyal tlhIngan warriors cheer loudly about being rescued by Starfleet, I never looked back once I started playing as a Klink.

I enjoy playing STO as a Starfleet officer. But I prefer, and enjoy much more, playing STO as a member of the KDF.

Welcome, Warrior! Honor and Glory to your House and yourself!

Some advice, if I may. Make sure the Loremasters know the correct spelling for your name. The bloodwine sometimes makes them a little less than...diligent about the details. It is embarrassing to be forced to declare a blood feud because your deeds are attributed to another. Nausicaans are very useful in battle. As long as one reminds them of their place. Orion women can be a distraction. If allowed to, they can become an addiction. Romulans make good friends and better enemies. The Borg are soulless machines who fight like machines. With ruthless efficiency and a complete lack of honor. The Jem'Hadar are fine warriors who follow a flawed code of honor and are slaves to the shape shifters of the Dominion. This is a pity. Because they have the potential few others possess. To follow the Path of the Warrior as we do.

The Undine. There are no words which can truly describe the base treachery and dishonor of these foul demons from an alternate dimension. They will use any trick, any lie, to subvert someone to their cause. Starfleet and the Federation are both firmly under their sway. Yet both are willfully blind to this. Neither will listen to truth when it is spoken for such.

I suspect this is so because despite Starfleet's constant talk about tolerance and fairness and the like, they do not view the Empire and tlhInganpu' as true equals. Instead they view us as barbarians. With a limited intellect and few goals besides glory in battle and an honorable death afterwards. We are barbarians, Battle Brother. Never forget this. But those who would belittle or ignore the Path of the Warrior constantly underestimate us. Are we the ones with limited intellects in this case? I think not.

Let us go and show them how wrong their views are.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2013
    KDF rocks hard and actually feels authentic and true to canon. And the new episodes with Worf voice overs are worth leveling a new toon. Qapla!

Thanks Mr. Dorn.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited December 2013
    KDF is definitely fun, despite missing a few things.

If you just look past our habitual grousing here on the forums, you'll see that KDF is fun to play with. We don't often complain in-game, as far as I can tell. . .the forums are meant to be a soapbox :P
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have been for three years but very few paid attention to the fun to be had in ridges until recently.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    i have 16 toons...about 50/50 split KDF and Fed.....my kdf can easily supply my Feds with contraband.....welcome to the kdf fun lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    KDF is a lot of fun. Even better now since they worked on them. Where before it was really lacking. I recommend anyone at least trying a few missions. To see what its all about. I did and hadn't stopped yet. Even to where I created a 2nd KDF character.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."

Isn't that the truth. :(
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
    davidwford wrote: »
    Isn't that the truth. :(

Probably not. It's like saying "If everyone ate carrots we'd have no blind people".;)