test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A 4th Anniversary Cross-Faction Request

jplatimerjplatimer Member Posts: 54 Arc User
In January, our Fleet is going to be celebrating our fourth anniversary, and we decided to make a party of it at our starbase -- where we're holding contests, hanging out, and generally goofing off with one another.

However, many of our fleeties prefer their Klingon characters -- and we cannot invite cross-faction to our own starbase. I imagine there's good reasoning as to why -- cross faction weapon buying, or something like that. But I'm hoping exceptions can be made.

It would be terrific if we could somehow get past this limitation, and invite our Klingon Fleet and Fed fleet together at our base -- perhaps a Visa or One-time passport for the ability. If the war is ending soon, as seems to be the rumor, it would be a nifty perk to allow friends to mix and match in SB private zones, as seem to be possible on your own bridges where you can invite the opposing faction without an issue.

It would be a very nifty gift for our Fleet's fourth birthday. Please consider it.

Thanks for reading.
Post edited by jplatimer on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We use ship invites instead... I know people love their fleets, but the romulan ships are often better suited.

And Congrats on the 4'th... Didn know there were any pre-launch fleets left.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Clearly, there is a such thing as cross-faction social zones. Our holiday events show us that it's possible. The faction-specific starbase stores would need to be tagged to prevent sale to those who are non-aligned to it. Would that be more involved than a our holiday stores? Most assuredly. But I'm honestly surprised that this hasn't already been implemented.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the on-the-bridge idea. We can fall back to that.

We're small, but dedicated -- and I'm very pleased with the fleeties for sticking with it.

I'd love to know another place I could post this where it might be read by developers, but this seems like the best I can do.

Appreciate the ideas, muchly.
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can't remember what bridge it is, but there's one that's frickin' huge, so that would probably be a decent way for you to go. And haven't looked at the rec deck, on a bridge style set to "Large", but I'd bet it'd be pretty suitable for a fleet gathering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The oddy bridge is pretty big
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Again, thank you for the ideas.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Aquarius (Odyssey) and Bortas bridges are massive. They make for good parties.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only problem with using ship and bridge's for ones private parties is they are apparently limited to only 20 visitors... bit on the slim side for the larger fleets and guests lists.

I personally can see a story/lore reason to restrict base invites to same faction... Even if I think that considering the muddled state of the KDF Fed war reders the point somewhat moot.

I don't even know what the pop cap on fleet bases is for that matter, but I am hoping its more then 20.. But I also cannot think of any really decent reason to restrict cross faction invites to fleet bases, when you CAN cross faction invite to star ships.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Still think it should be do-able.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...