test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 8 Dev Blog #31

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Lead Content Designer Charles Gray shares details about the third Spire Featured Project in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    Here are some before and after images that I took for this specific project*:

Image 1 - Before

Image 1 - After

Image 2 - Before
    Image 2 - After

*Note: Visuals from some of the past unlocks may be present in these screens, but they would be present in both the 'before' and 'after' photos.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • redshirtfanredshirtfan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hopefully it looks a little different from Joint Command in the end because it is looking the same so far and why bother with that? This hologram of the omega particle is part of the story line though.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hopefully it looks a little different from Joint Command in the end because it is looking the same so far and why bother with that?

Not sure yet, but given that Bran attempted to access the closed doors in his S8 Livestream, i'm tempted to say that it's going to ultimately look very similar to the Dyson Joint Command spire.

Which isn't to say that's necessarily a bad thing. Dyson Command looks rad.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hopefully it looks a little different from Joint Command in the end because it is looking the same so far and why bother with that? This hologram of the omega particle is part of the story line though.

Cryptic didn't have the time to build content for S8*. Heck they didn't even finish some of the zones (Voth) or even a clip for reaching T5 (really embarrasing to be caught on that one guys....). So you can assume that this fleet spire is going to be EXACTLY like the Joint Command. Anything else would have been too time consuming. Just that it's your own one and with a hefty price tag.....................

*While I regret and criticize this I'm still happy with S8. Really like the stuff we got.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    want to see what a fully unlocked spire will look like? very much like join command already does :o
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This one, definitely isn't worth 200,000 Dilithum.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So there is no actual point to this other than turning on the ramp and a holographic Particle?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wow really circling the drain on this one...

Not worth 5000 Dilithium, let alone 200k!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,274 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well I got something new to try and donate to before my fleet fills it within an hour of it going up.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Lead Content Designer Charles Gray shares details about the third Spire Featured Project in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

Yes! Another reason not to play this game. More of these grinds!
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Just, for the sake of argumentation, lets assume that my fleet isn't almost always short on dilithium and isn't in the middle of Starbase, Embassy and Spire upgrades.

Still. Wouldn't. Buy. It.

From what I am seeing, this is a 'Meh' upgrade, similar to the Banners in the Fleet Starbase.

And besides: no upgrades means we have a different looking place from Joined Command.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Wow really circling the drain on this one...

Not worth 5000 Dilithium, let alone 200k!

I'd pay for cosmetic Fleet Projects if they were only 5K, but definitely only 5K.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Guys. These projects are, quite obviously, primarily for large and very active fleets where members have trouble earning fleet credits, because everything is usually filled already when someone logs on.

So relax. ^^

I hate to say it, but if it was to help us, it would not be in the one resource you can never have enough of - if it say, converted 1fm into 1 dilithium on the progress bar, I would not mind it - but its a poorly constructed, lazy (in terms of concept, not execution) sink for a resource that could be better used

I'd gladly give dil if it did something; like, say, opened up a floor of a 'dungeon' to explore
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    ehm Maintenance on the 2nd day of Christmas?
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!