test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The real reason for no T5 Excalibur?

13»

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Excalibur/Exeter are 25th century ships, though their description states they are basically transport/logistic vessels. Let me guess, the T5 versions should have a LTC tac and 3 or 4 tac consoles, right? ;)

STO has so many classes cramped into Starfleets line-up it's ridiculous. The whole tier system doesn't help either. The only way they could make it work if they would introduce ship classes based on size/tonnage/energy and let you choose a skin and abilities in that frame. But that would mean revamping the whole game and that will never ever happen.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Borderline. 30 days is the limit iirc, and unfortunately it has been a little more than 30 days, so this thread has been necroed :D

Sorry, I meant to say necro, not ninja, lol. :)
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Because it's pointless?
    Just because it can not fill a role you value does not mean it's pointless.
    timezarg wrote: »
    The ONLY incentive to get it would be if you're an Excalibur fanboy, or a fanboy of whatever ship got boosted to Tier 5.
    This reason is just as important as a reason for functionality.