test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Friday Screenshot Available - 12/6/2013

124»

Comments

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OMG, and I thought I was pedantic and a pessimist. This thread is taking it to new unknown levels :(

Even I am going to say lighten up guys, geez....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• maxdredmaxdred Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They're supposed to look brutal and aggressive. This one looks like it's made out of lego blocks.

Who ever is designing the Klingon ships should watch the Search for Spock documentary about how they designed the Klingon bird of prey and how they took inspiration from a swooping bird and a hunched over american football player with the shoulder pads.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    OMG, and I thought I was pedantic and a pessimist. This thread is taking it to new unknown levels :(

Even I am going to say lighten up guys, geez....

Yeah I did not authorize these people to do my job.

It is an unknown level because I'm not the one bashing Cryptic this time rofl.
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Worst part is, the silhouette wouldn't be bad at all. It's all those additions on the hull that ruin the ship for me. Those gray parts especially look out of place, as if they were tacked just for the sake of it.

I also dislike all the vibrant red colours that are being placed all over new ships, like the Armitage, Avenger, Regent and now Mogh. Yes, we know, these things have weapons, we don't need it to be as prominently shown everywhere. Many older designs have their weapon hardpoints very subtle, like the Sao Paulo for example. Recently though every new ship seems to have its cannons shaped in the form of tubes with glowy red lights around. And it's mostly the colours that ruin it in the end for me.

Speaking of cannons and ugly new designs... am I the only one who sees 'shoop da whoop' here? http://i.imgur.com/TJwoDGy.jpg
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited December 2013
    What pisses me off is that we didn't get a space set to buy with this winter stuff that turns your Klingon/Federation ships into a christmas tree that shoots strands of blinking lights for energy weapons and projectile ornaments. I can't forget rapid fire snowballs too. For the 3 minute cool down power it slams a star down on top of your bridge.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    And KDF hardliners wonder why they don't get as much as the Feds.

Cryptic haven't even released stats or a full image and already people are saying it's ugly and - essentially - not what they wanted.

I'll be buying this - probably regarless of whether it turns out to be any good or not. It's a C-Store KDF ship - stop complaining already.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I will wait to see full views of it, before I make my decision. Lot of people didn't like the Avenger, but I thought it was cool. So far I'm not impressed with the front of the ship. I tend to stay away from those looks on my KDF ships. So I'm waiting to see how good/ugly it will be.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • ruminate00ruminate00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like the design. Not a fan of the regular KDF material on it, but I assume it will come with a special material, just like the Avenger.
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »

Cryptic haven't even released stats or a full image and already people are saying it's ugly and - essentially - not what they wanted.

I'll be buying this - probably regarless of whether it turns out to be any good or not. It's a C-Store KDF ship - stop complaining already.

It was already leaked in game but you couldn't purchase it. I basically compared the stats of it and the avenger while it was there before that 2nd maintenance. Its the same thing as the avenger just with a different look so the KDF can have an equal counter part. Plus now everyone can see what it looks like with the screenshot as well.
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Can we please have an option to remove those gray pseudo-armored pieces? They look hideous.

You should see the fleet version. It looks like wooden decorative strips have been attached to the ship.... groovy :cool: :D
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    johngazman wrote: »

Many bashed the Avenger when it came out saying it was ugly. Some are loving the ship some are not. You will always have a groups like that.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Looks nice! Don't play the KDF, but even this has got me interested. Hopefully it will be successful! ;)

FINALLY THE KDF FORUMERS WILL SHUT IT FOR A FEW SECONDS!

Got it out of my system ... no offence KDFers.
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dave18193 wrote: »
    Looks really nice so far, if a little spiky (though that suits a klingon ship to an extent).

I just hope the other angles look as nice. I remember the first screen for the Avenger also looked nice, then we say the front, sides and underside. MY EYES ITS SO UGLY.

Still, looking good so far. Like how the deflector is starting to look more like the Korath in some respects shape wise, nice touch.

Also: YAY FOR KDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To quote on everyone who thinks the Avenger is ugly...I think you confuse Functional Design with Aesthetic Design.

I like the Avenger Class to the Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II...which is nicknamed "Warthog" with great affection by both pilot and groundpounders because of how ugly it is...and yet tough enough to take a serious beating.

Well everyone...guess what Starfleet did! They made the Starship version of the A-10 in the Avenger Class.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Admittedly, I had forgotten about the Valdore, the other ones I didn't notice (names of Romulan ships apparently aren't remembered as well as Klingon ones). It seems however that Cryptic got lazy with the Green Guys too. What a shocker.

The word Lazy doesn't mean what you think it means. :rolleyes:
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    To quote on everyone who thinks the Avenger is ugly...I think you confuse Functional Design with Aesthetic Design.

I like the Avenger Class to the Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolt II...which is nicknamed "Warthog" with great affection by both pilot and groundpounders because of how ugly it is...and yet tough enough to take a serious beating.

Well everyone...guess what Starfleet did! They made the Starship version of the A-10 in the Avenger Class.

This +1. I have friends with Avengers, and it is a BEAST. The Mogh-class will give the KDF some PVP teeth again.

thlIngan maH! We are Klingons!
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    NEW SHIP! :D

Looks great and has a solid name. Can't wait.

Wonder if it gets a unique console like the avenger did...
    Didn't say the new ship was an Negh'var Variant?

That will come, I suspect early next year. Geko said on a podcast that KDF will be getting 2 ships, one before Xmas, the other in the new year.
    So I'm expecting January or Feburary the Negvar refit
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • sechserpackungsechserpackung Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Add Ensign Uni to Lt Uni for the fleet version please?
  • jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »

First of all - a ship can be both functional and aesthetically pleasing... or at least tolerable. Secondly - I like the looks of A-10. It's not ugly. Avenger is though.
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kdf Finally Gets A Little Attention With A New Ship, And Ya'll Are Complaining About The Name Of The Ship... Priceless

^^^this^^^