test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Friday Screenshot Available - 12/6/2013

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited December 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've added a new screenshot to the screenshot gallery! Players will learn about the upcoming Klingon Mogh Battle Cruiser in Dev Blogs next week.

Link to the gallery.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    finally something for the kdf!! :eek: looking forward to seeing more about this :)
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A new klingon ship, a new klingon ship, a new klingon ship... sorry got stuck in my disbelief! 5 forward weapon slot I take it?
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That is a decidedly badass view of the ship. Now to find 3000 Zen...
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Wasn't Mogh dishonored? Why would they name a ship after him? Or am I confused?
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    That is one ugly...

And why is the Klingon Empire naming a ship after Mogh, who was never publicly cleared of being a traitor, was he?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    saltypineapplesaltypineapple Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Glorious! I'll be getting a new Klingon ship next week!:D

Now to find 3000 Zen...

You mean you need to find 2500 zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
    Come Visit the 44th Fleet
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Doesn't exactly look easy on the eye, does it?
    captsol wrote: »
    Wasn't Mogh dishonored? Why would they name a ship after him? Or am I confused?
    malkarris wrote: »
    And why is the Klingon Empire naming a ship after Mogh, who was never publicly cleared of being a traitor, was he?
    It's quite simple really. Cryptic are unoriginal with their names, and the author(s) couldn't come up with something unique.

You'll find a lot of that with ship class names.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    Doesn't exactly look easy on the eye, does it?It's quite simple really. Cryptic are unoriginal with their names, and the author(s) couldn't come up with something unique.

In before DEEEEEERVIIIIIISH! ;)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    There is lore behind why it's named Mogh in one of next week's blogs.
    It's quite simple really. Cryptic are unoriginal with their names, and the author(s) couldn't come up with something unique.

:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A new klingon ship, a new klingon ship,a new klingon ship, a new klingon ship,a new klingon ship, a new..... sorry still stuck in my disbelief.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Doesn't exactly look easy on the eye, does it?It's quite simple really. Cryptic are unoriginal with their names, and the author(s) couldn't come up with something unique.

Did you watch TNG?
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like these swept wings better than those on the fleet version (that's probably no longer visible in the store after the latest patch, right? :P ).

But I still need more pics to form an opinion on its look.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    You mean you need to find 2500 zen.

3000. I'll want the Fleet version, after all.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    We've added a new screenshot to the screenshot gallery! Players will learn about the upcoming Klingon Mogh Battle Cruiser in Dev Blogs next week.

Link to the gallery.

Can we see a screenshot of the fleet version? (I think I like the fleet's pylons better, but that's me.)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Looks really nice so far, if a little spiky (though that suits a klingon ship to an extent).

I just hope the other angles look as nice. I remember the first screen for the Avener also looked nice, then we say the front, sides and underside. MY EYES ITS SO UGLY.

Still, looking good so far. Like how the deflector is starting to look more like the Korath in some respects shape wise, nice touch.

Also: YAY FOR KDF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    There is lore behind why it's named Mogh in one of next week's blogs.

:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    I'm sorry, but it had to be said. Let us take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

The Somraw Raptor ~ obviously nobody could think of an original name, so took the one from the ST:Enterprise show (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Somraw)
    The K'Tanco Battle Cruiser ~ named after Kang's old ship (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_K%27Tanco)
    The Ch'Tang Bird of Prey ~ named after an older B'rel serving in 2375 (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Ch%27Tang)
    The Vor'Kang Battle Cruiser ~ because combining the Vor'cha with Kang is original ...
    The Koro't'inga Battle Cruiser ~ I don't know about the 'koro', the the name could have done without the t'inga aspect
    The Ning'tao Bird of Prey ~ another former B'rel (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Ning%27tao)
    The Hegh'ta Bird of Prey ~ yet another former B'rel (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Hegh%27ta)
    The Bortas Battle Cruiser ~ likely named from the Vor'cha (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Bortas_%28Vor%27cha_class%29) of the same name (or the older D5 vessel of the same name (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Bortas_%28D5_class%29))

Half of the Klingon Armada is named after ships that have been seen or heard of in the shows just because they've been seen or heard from. You've done similar with some of the Federation ships too (Venture, Bellerophon, Sau Paulo, Stargazer, Thunderchild). Thank God the Romulans were at least unique.

Edit: I get that you guys might want to pay homage to some ships, and that's to be expected (I'd do the same) but when it's random ships such as the Ning'tao, Thunderchild or Koro't'inga it just comes across as lazy.
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Did you watch TNG?
    I have watched all Trek episodes, and remember most of them well. I will however admit that I'll a little sketchy when it comes to TOS (or TAS).
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry, but it had to be said. Let us take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

The Somraw Raptor ~ obviously nobody could think of an original name, so took the one from the ST:Enterprise show (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Somraw)
    The K'Tanco Battle Cruiser ~ named after Kang's old ship (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_K%27Tanco)
    The Ch'Tang Bird of Prey ~ named after an older B'rel serving in 2375 (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Ch%27Tang)
    The Vor'Kang Battle Cruiser ~ because combining the Vor'cha with Kang is original ...
    The Koro't'inga Battle Cruiser ~ I don't know about the 'koro', the the name could have done without the t'inga aspect
    The Ning'tao Bird of Prey ~ another former B'rel (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Ning%27tao)
    The Hegh'ta Bird of Prey ~ yet another former B'rel (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Hegh%27ta)
    The Bortas Battle Cruiser ~ likely named from the Vor'cha (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Bortas_%28Vor%27cha_class%29) of the same name (or the older D5 vessel of the same name (http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/IKS_Bortas_%28D5_class%29))

Half of the Klingon Armada is named after ships that have been seen or heard of in the shows just because they've been seen or heard from. You've done similar with some of the Federation ships too (Venture, Bellerophon, Sau Paulo, Stargazer, Thunderchild). Thank God the Romulans were at least unique.

Edit: I get that you guys might want to pay homage to some ships, and that's to be expected (I'd do the same) but when it's random ships such as the Ning'tao, Thunderchild or Koro't'inga it just comes across as lazy.

I have watched all Trek episodes, and remember most of them well. I will however admit that I'll a little sketchy when it comes to TOS (or TAS).

No one cares.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Isn't there a full Klingon language out there? Do the names mean anything in Klingon?
  • Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

of the top of my head, IRL the U.S. Enterprise Class and UK Invincible Class and in Universe the Andorian Kumari Class all have names that have been used for older iconic ships, why should the Klingons, with a similarly militant culture not do it?

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    exa12 wrote: »
    of the top of my head, IRL the U.S. Enterprise Class and UK Invincible Class and in Universe the Andorian Kumari Class all have names that have been used for older iconic ships, why should the Klingons, with a similarly militant culture not do it?
    Because there is so much opportunity to flesh out something new.
    No one cares.
    I do, so apparently you're wrong. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank God the Romulans were at least unique.
    Really?

The Valdore was Donatra's ship in Nemesis (and then she carried the name over to the Scimitar variant that served as her flagship up to when she was assimilated), and itself was retconned as being named after an ENT-era Romulan admiral.

The D'ridthau was the name of the Romulan flagship in an early script of "What You Leave Behind."

The Haakona was the D'deridex saved from the Iconian virus by the Enterprise.

A tulwar and a falchion are two more kinds of curved swords.

R'Mor was the Romulan scientist who contacted Voyager through a temporal anomaly, and the Talvath was his ship.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The Valdore was Donatra's ship in Nemesis (and then she carried the name over to the Scimitar variant that served as her flagship up to when she was assimilated), and itself was retconned as being named after an ENT-era Romulan admiral.

The D'ridthau was the name of the Romulan flagship in an early script of "What You Leave Behind."

The Haakona was the D'deridex saved from the Iconian virus by the Enterprise.

A tulwar and a falchion are two more kinds of curved swords.
    Admittedly, I had forgotten about the Valdore, the other ones I didn't notice (names of Romulan ships apparently aren't remembered as well as Klingon ones). It seems however that Cryptic got lazy with the Green Guys too. What a shocker.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited December 2013

As much as I love STO, I'm gonna have to agree with this statement HARD.

STO is based on the prime universe in the main canon Star Trek continuity. But STO hardly even acknowledges things that happen 'off-screen'. There is more 'universe' available than just what is shown on camera. There's more ships out there than what's featured in the shows. There's more famous battles than what takes place in the movies. If this means more Cryptic-original stuff, then so be it. Bring more original content on. Give us more of your expanded universe, Cryptic. Not only outside of Fed or the KDF, but within as well.

It's neat to get a reference here and there, but when everything is a reference to what happened on the shows or movies, it starts to get silly.
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Looks awesome!

Positively psyched. Already got 2,5k zen earmarked :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Admittedly, I had forgotten about the Valdore, the other ones I didn't notice (names of Romulan ships apparently aren't remembered as well as Klingon ones). It seems however that Cryptic got lazy with the Green Guys too. What a shocker.

its not really that lazy if some of the names are ones that never made it on screen, and are all ones of major importance in universe, there are plenty of other names for both factions, it would have been lazy to just use random ones without thought to the originals impact

Enterprise is only a significant name now because older ones became important

• Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A new klingon ship? Finally!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    As much as I love STO, I'm gonna have to agree with this statement HARD.

STO is based on the prime universe in the main canon Star Trek continuity. But STO hardly even acknowledges things that happen 'off-screen'. There is more 'universe' available than just what is shown on camera. There's more ships out there than what's featured in the shows. There's more famous battles than what takes place in the movies. If this means more Cryptic-original stuff, then so be it. Bring more original content on. Give us more of your expanded universe, Cryptic. Not only outside of Fed or the KDF, but within as well.

It's neat to get a reference here and there, but when everything is a reference to what happened on the shows or movies, it starts to get silly.

stuff that happened on screen is canon and being able to reference it is part of the licence, the EU isnt canon, and isnt included in the licence, look at how much trouble it was to bring in the Vesta, Cryptic could very easily have to do something like that for each reference.

Thats why Starfleet's elite ground forces are MACOs rather than Hazard Teams, why the Klingons and Romulans use a mix of 200+ year old designs mixed with brand new ones and the Cardie's only use 3 designs rather than the extensive fleets they had in Armada

• Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I thought Mogh's name was eventually cleared, but Worf agreed to keep it a secret to preserve the stability of the empire? It's been awhile.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    I thought Mogh's name was eventually cleared, but Worf agreed to keep it a secret to preserve the stability of the empire? It's been awhile.

You both fought as warriors. You have proven your hearts are Klingon. I return your family honor. I give you back that which was wrongfully taken from you. Let your name be spoken once again. You are Worf, son of Mogh.

-Gowron

And before someone says, well what about DS9...That has to do with Worf, not Mogh being a traitor.
    GwaoHAD.png