test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Frontlines : Community Think Tank

13»

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    From the sound of things im in the same situation as him, the exams are January 24, and 27-30, then a 3 day weekend after that.
    my suggestion is to have the first tournament on the 18th then wait until feb 8th to have the next one, since students need at least 4 days to study for school and a break to get ready for the next semester

I will arrange this so that folks can participate.

(Just to note that currently Cryptic has only offered prizes for the first event. If it turns out great perhaps I can persuade Brandon and Cryptic to do so again!)
  • starfleetownsallstarfleetownsall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Question since a2b is not allowed, does that mean doffs are not allowed in the tournaments? and why is a2b banned?
    Task Force Spectre, Legion of Spectre, and House of Spectre is recruiting!
    I watch the only good STO podcast STOked Radio
    Want to learn more about any of the above? Let me know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I like the idea though to be simple to impliment I would stick to canon ships by excluding the lock box ships and temporal vessels.

As well I would prohibit special consoles and stick to a pure white console makeup.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited December 2013
    Question since a2b is not allowed, does that mean doffs are not allowed in the tournaments? and why is a2b banned?

Sorry for the confusing. I correct the post.

It originally read EMP + a2b.

What I meant by that is that I believe that the D'Kora EMP is only an issue when used in conjunction with a2b.

A2b is good, just not allowed to be spammed with EMP :)
    edited December 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I like the idea though to be simple to impliment I would stick to canon ships by excluding the lock box ships and temporal vessels.

As well I would prohibit special consoles and stick to a pure white console makeup.

Thanks matey.

But so many people own lockbox ships and I've already written the rules for them, to undo all that would send this old Klingon to Gre'thor!
  • realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks matey.

But so many people own lockbox ships and I've already written the rules for them, to undo all that would send this old Klingon to Gre'thor!

keep up the good work man! im one of those guys so dont ban my uber ions and protons and isos oh my :0
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've read through this thread and found nothing solid on Reputation and cross faction consoles (i.e. Plasmonic leech) aside from that it looks pretty good, I'll prolly have to use my C-store Excel because the 9 sector square area (if you use the game's galaxy map) covers the neutral zone and beyond so I doubt that'll be the scale, maybe you could make a post a map to clear this up.

Also, what does Sol, New Rom and Qu'nos and their assorted assets (Gonalda and K-7, etc) count as in terms of starbase tiers? (I would assume homeworlds are max tier)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited December 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I've read through this thread and found nothing solid on Reputation and cross faction consoles (i.e. Plasmonic leech) aside from that it looks pretty good, I'll prolly have to use my C-store Excel because the 9 sector square area (if you use the game's galaxy map) covers the neutral zone and beyond so I doubt that'll be the scale, maybe you could make a post a map to clear this up.

Also, what does Sol, New Rom and Qu'nos and their assorted assets (Gonalda and K-7, etc) count as in terms of starbase tiers? (I would assume homeworlds are max tier)

Cross factional lockboxe consoles are determined by the faction you choose to play.

There is a campaign map, though its a work-in-progress :)
    edited December 2013
    Cross factional lockboxe consoles are determined by the faction you choose to play.

There is a campaign map, though its a work-in-progress :)

I see, what of rep consoles? I know I'd have to find replacement consoles for my Borg and rom consoles depending upon any restrictions. (its not something I have an issue doing, I just need to know if I need to so I can source said replacements)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited December 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »
    I see, what of rep consoles? I know I'd have to find replacement consoles for my Borg and rom consoles depending upon any restrictions. (its not something I have an issue doing, I just need to know if I need to so I can source said replacements)

When I originally started this project I was okay with folks using their reputation gear unrestricted.

Its the Lodi Store and Lockbox consoles which have the restrictions on based on the ship/ factions and depending on the level of upgrades.

What does the community think of that?
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Thanks matey.

Wish I had more to offer but after reading through it all it seems you have it well in hand.

The only reason I made the suggestions I did was to keep P2Win complaints to minimum from the playerbase. Which was a concern of mine.

Its a fantastic idea you have here, so keep it rolling. I have no doubts it will be veru successful.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited December 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Wish I had more to offer but after reading through it all it seems you have it well in hand.

The only reason I made the suggestions I did was to keep P2Win complaints to minimum from the playerbase. Which was a concern of mine.

Its a fantastic idea you have here, so keep it rolling. I have no doubts it will be veru successful.

Your friendship and advice is always appreciated. I worked very hard to try and create a situation where all the factions would all have their own bit of "P2W" :O

I really am wanting all to enjoy this, whether its veterans playing against veterans, or new players against new.

Thats why I ask players to indicate their skill level early, so that they will not be placed against the very best from the get go.

As gamemaster, if players feel that they are continually being challenged by elite teams and being stomped, I can arrange that the teams become somewhat more balanced.

I'm really hoping that the Leaderboard will eventually determine match-making so that equal teams play against each other. I really wish Mancom's would help with this - he's a legend in this.

I'm certain that as we get going, lots will change or be challenging, but I look forward to something new. Its the undiscovered country.
    edited December 2013
    When I originally started this project I was okay with folks using their reputation gear unrestricted.

Its the Lodi Store and Lockbox consoles which have the restrictions on based on the ship/ factions and depending on the level of upgrades.

What does the community think of that?

That sounds good to me, I'll take signing up more seriously closer to the time once time slots are announced. :)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    my personal inclination is that we shouldn't limit lobi gear at all, with the exception of obviously broken abilities like Temporal Inversion Field (which can currently stack with multiple instances of itself). Other than that, I'd rather have more build options then less, and the lobi stuff is basically reputation tier at the moment. I mean, does my engines and deflector, being mark 12 Jem Hadar, count as lobi? Would I need to be of the requisite faction to run those?

I'm all for restricting abusive powers, limiting ship specific consoles to ships or that type or lineage (so a recluse could run an orb weaver console, but not a fed or klink universal console from another ship), but beyond that I don't think we should enforce any further limits, because it gets into a situation where certain factions (like the feds) have a natural advantage over other factions in ships and consoles available to run, and we end up with players who can't have the 'console they're allowed' because it's behind a paywall or rep wall or whatever.
    edited December 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    my personal inclination is that we shouldn't limit lobi gear at all, with the exception of obviously broken abilities like Temporal Inversion Field (which can currently stack with multiple instances of itself). Other than that, I'd rather have more build options then less, and the lobi stuff is basically reputation tier at the moment. I mean, does my engines and deflector, being mark 12 Jem Hadar, count as lobi? Would I need to be of the requisite faction to run those?

I'm all for restricting abusive powers, limiting ship specific consoles to ships or that type or lineage (so a recluse could run an orb weaver console, but not a fed or klink universal console from another ship), but beyond that I don't think we should enforce any further limits, because it gets into a situation where certain factions (like the feds) have a natural advantage over other factions in ships and consoles available to run, and we end up with players who can't have the 'console they're allowed' because it's behind a paywall or rep wall or whatever.

I will take your advice on this. It's sound and I see no reason for it not to be ok. :)
  • starfleetownsallstarfleetownsall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Since Yellowstones are banned, can you ban the interceptors since they are much as annoying?
    Task Force Spectre, Legion of Spectre, and House of Spectre is recruiting!
    I watch the only good STO podcast STOked Radio
    Want to learn more about any of the above? Let me know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]