Install Arc
Options

ground PvP

2»

Comments

• Options
    mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Bi Shonen, FES hasn't queued much since Season 8 either. However, if you've noticed, all of the PvPers are either in the Voth Battlezone or Q's Winter Wonderland. We've all just been busy focusing on the PvE aspect of the game for the time being. This happens every time a new season comes out, Ground PvP dies down before it springs back up again. You know this already.

I am not speaking for the PVP minority. But, due to the actions of this minority the majority of the community has lost interest in ground pvp so much so that they do not even read the forum threads on it. The 30 or 40 players who consistently populate the Q and run the casual players off for good have done so much damage to the reputation of ground pvp that it will take a miracle to fix.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The Tholian Assembly has their own opinions on why the ground pvp queues have been deserted.

Tholian POV
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry, but unfortunately we cloakers are all sold out of that particular autograph, there is always such a high demand for them. However, we are still offering our limited edition cloaked sniper rifle to the head, it's a great deal. A 25% discount while supplies last in our recent going out of cloaksnipe business sale that started after yesterday's patch. Hurry, this offer won't be available for long and is not available in stores.

Science have an abundance of overpowered biochemist in stock though :P

Ok seriously, this weekend can you hit me up in game. I want your serious, really I do, thoughts on something, and I want to get your opinion in a 1 on 1. And by 1 on 1, I mean I want to test the Voth gun in a control setting.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I am not speaking for the PVP minority. But, due to the actions of this minority the majority of the community has lost interest in ground pvp so much so that they do not even read the forum threads on it. The 30 or 40 players who consistently populate the Q and run the casual players off for good have done so much damage to the reputation of ground pvp that it will take a miracle to fix.

Wow, you need to queue then. Just the other night Shanty had four zones going on and there was more people in the ground assault queue than any space. This is a fact, not some opinion, like most of your post. If you are not happy you need to quit the game and find something else to do with your life. We can see you are not happy. You do no this is a MMO! People like to play together. It is one of the points that make MMOs so much fun.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry, but unfortunately we cloakers are all sold out of that particular autograph, there is always such a high demand for them. However, we are still offering our limited edition cloaked sniper rifle to the head, it's a great deal. A 25% discount while supplies last in our recent going out of cloaksnipe business sale that started after yesterday's patch. Hurry, this offer won't be available for long and is not available in stores.

(sigh), Bi Shonen, FES hasn't queued much since Season 8 either. However, if you've noticed, all of the PvPers are either in the Voth Battlezone or Q's Winter Wonderland. We've all just been busy focusing on the PvE aspect of the game for the time being. This happens every time a new season comes out, Ground PvP dies down before it springs back up again. You know this already.

Did I miss out on the cloak grenade also? But seriously, I have found a way to clear the biochemist debuff. You have to run the Purple Advisor that grants cleanses with Overwatch. It not a DPS kit but it is very tanky kit. I did not know of it until this weekend.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Wow, you need to queue then. Just the other night Shanty had four zones going on and there was more people in the ground assault queue than any space. This is a fact, not some opinion, like most of your post. If you are not happy you need to quit the game and find something else to do with your life. We can see you are not happy. You do no this is a MMO! People like to play together. It is one of the points that make MMOs so much fun.

You'd have to think somewhere in there was a pug. Cuz if not, that makes more people doing ground pvp than he thinks....Even if they weren't full shanty's we're already @ 40 people.
    --
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    The Tholian Assembly has their own opinions on why the ground pvp queues have been deserted.

Tholian POV

Is the Gingerbread Coalition in any danger? I worked so hard to free them from those evil snowmen.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Ok seriously, this weekend can you hit me up in game. I want your serious, really I do, thoughts on something, and I want to get your opinion in a 1 on 1. And by 1 on 1, I mean I want to test the Voth gun in a control setting.
    Sure thing, I will keep an eye out for you.

simeion1 wrote: »
    Did I miss out on the cloak grenade also? But seriously, I have found a way to clear the biochemist debuff. You have to run the Purple Advisor that grants cleanses with Overwatch. It not a DPS kit but it is very tanky kit. I did not know of it until this weekend.

There are a few cloaked grenades left, but collectors are snatching them up fast. As for the Overwatch duty officer, I believe I mentioned that a few weeks ago in one of these threads. At least with Squad Leader Mk XII the counter will be viable. The Tier III Dyson +defense also helps somewhat, but a stack limit would be nice.

Now, there are two new bugs for us:
    Omega Force Mk XII is applying Mk XI stats to distortion field:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=945441

Of a more significant problem, the Tier V Dyson is receiving cooldown reductions from Tactical Initiative. Borticus has specifically stated in the past that Tier V abilities are supposed to be immune to cooldown reduction. Right now it's possible to combine Tier V Dyson with the Dyson 3 piece bonus for 98% damage resistance...basically immunity to death...once every minute while under tactical initiative.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=945821
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    edited December 2013

There are a few cloaked grenades left, but collectors are snatching them up fast. As for the Overwatch duty officer, I believe I mentioned that a few weeks ago in one of these threads. At least with Squad Leader Mk XII the counter will be viable. The Tier III Dyson +defense also helps somewhat, but a stack limit would be nice.

Of a more significant problem, the Tier V Dyson is receiving cooldown reductions from Tactical Initiative. Borticus has specifically stated in the past that Tier V abilities are supposed to be immune to cooldown reduction. Right now it's possible to combine Tier V Dyson with the Dyson 3 piece bonus for 98% damage resistance...basically immunity to death...once every minute while under tactical initiative.

Yea. The Omega hickup is a bummer. But you're right, the Dyson rep bug can be a game stopper. Who's at T5 already?
    --
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yea. The Omega hickup is a bummer. But you're right, the Dyson rep bug can be a game stopper. Who's at T5 already?

Brew, he's enjoying life as a nearly invincible PvPer.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    /10 char. unneeded post
    --
  • Options
    edited December 2013

This is what I mean when I tell Akurie that the root cause of pugs being turned off is Cryptic's poor QA. Last winter event do you remember the zombie players that were still alive with 0 HP? Again, I understand and even agree with pug only Q's, but TRIBBLE like this hurts the community even more because there is no way to learn to counter it.
    --
  • Options
    jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Brew, he's enjoying life as a nearly invincible PvPer.

tl;dr

Though I admit Dyson Sphere set has some advancements unlike other sets such as Omega and M.A.C.O, is how Pru says, ''working as intended''. I do not understand why such a hate towards a player who is using a set who exists and who will probably, well, never be changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jmiticp wrote: »
    tl;dr

Though I admit Dyson Sphere set has some advancements unlike other sets such as Omega and M.A.C.O, is how Pru says, ''working as intended''. I do not understand why such a hate towards a player who is using a set who exists and who will probably, well, never be changed.

"Working as designed" :P

Fear not ... I'm near T5.... I shall ascend into Chuck Norris mode. ;)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    tl;dr

Rose, you missed my post before that asking who was at T5. It's not hate towards him, Tira answered my question on who is T5.

Also, it's not the SET that's a problem. Wait, did you read anything prior to that to see what Tira is talking about? T5 abilities are NOT supposed to be effected by Tactical Initiative.

See this post.
    --
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    "Working as designed" :P

Fear not ... I'm near T5.... I shall ascend into Chuck Norris mode. ;)

And I'll ascend into Arnold Schwarzenegger mode to counter your furious, strong Chuck Norris mode. :)

Looking forward seeing other players including you with the set. It looks pretty cool to be honest.

And yes, I did read the post Lion Heart. But what you don't understand is that Tira's relationship with b'reW is beyond just any enemy relationship and it may be not my part of business, still I'd protect a friend who's being accussed of ''invincibility'', that tomorrow will change into an insult.

As for the Tactical Initiative affecting the T5 abilities, I really as one do not have opinion. I really don't care. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    And I'll ascend into Arnold Schwarzenegger mode to counter your furious, strong Chuck Norris mode. :)

Looking forward seeing other players including you with the set. It looks pretty cool to be honest.

And yes, I did read the post Lion Heart. But what you don't understand is that Tira's relationship with b'reW is beyond just any enemy relationship and it may be not my part of business, still I'd protect a friend who's being accussed of ''invincibility'', that tomorrow will change into an insult.

As for the Tactical Initiative affecting the T5 abilities, I really as one do not have opinion. I really don't care. :)

Some time ago, I actually considered Brew to be a friend. However, after he left -FS- and started to use exploits, I severed ties with him. Tier V Dyson - Defiance combined with the Dyson 3 piece set bonus is 98% damage resistances for 10 seconds, defiance lasting for 20. The two abilities are fine on their own, it's only overpowered when the two abilities are combined. If Tier V Dyson had the intended 5 minute cooldown, this would not be a problem. However, it's currently not working as intended. It's also hard to argue that Tier V abilities are supposed to have cooldown reduction when a dev has specifically stated in that past that all Tier V abilities are supposed to be cooldown reduction immune. See this post from borticuscryptic:
    Others have noted in this thread, the fear of using Tactical Initiative (or other Cooldown reductions) to continually spam these T5 abilities... Well, I hope I can put some of those fears to rest when I say that we are making all T5 Reputation abilities immune to cooldown reductions. They will also share a region-specific category cooldown (currently set to 5min), although the only ones coming with S7 will not share a Region so this won't be noticed (Region = Ground or Space).
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Well. You should care, because it effects the ground community as a whole.

While there may be stressed relations between Tira and Brew, I'm not sure she meant anything in the post. She answered my question.

The being accuse of invincibility was not a insult or a compliment. It was simply a state for lack of better words, due to a bug in the game. Why do you need to cause drama? It's why you couldn't stay with Hammer. It's what you are starting here. Nothing was meant, until now, by that post other than answering my question and pointing out another broken mechanic.
    --
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Some time ago, I actually considered Brew to be a friend. However, after he left -FS- and started to use exploits, I severed ties with him. Tier V Dyson - Defiance combined with the Dyson 3 piece set bonus is 98% damage resistances for 10 seconds, defiance lasting for 20. The two abilities are fine on their own, it's only overpowered when the two abilities are combined. If Tier V Dyson had the intended 5 minute cooldown, this would not be a problem. However, it's currently not working as indented. It's also hard to argue that Tier V abilities are supposed to have cooldown reduction when a dev has specifically stated in that past that all Tier V abilities are supposed to be cooldown reduction immune. See this post from borticuscryptic:

Tira, I would stop here, before you get pulled into a drama conversation.
    --
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well. You should care, because it effects the ground community as a whole.

While there may be stressed relations between Tira and Brew, I'm not sure she meant anything in the post. She answered my question.

The being accuse of invincibility was not a insult or a compliment. It was simply a state for lack of better words, due to a bug in the game. Why do you need to cause drama? It's why you couldn't stay with Hammer. It's what you are starting here. Nothing was meant, until now, by that post other than answering my question and pointing out another broken mechanic.

It has nothing to do with you Lion Heart, but just I as one Ground PvPer do not care much should my Tier V abilities be immune to Tactical Initiave or not. Also please prevent yourself using the word 'drama' here, because it just adds oil on the fire. We don't need more drama than I caused right now with the response, still if I was wrong in anything I apologize.

And no, don't worry Lion, there will be no drama discussion. Tira Omega has his own reasons for severing his friendship with bre'W which I will not go into. It's their private issue after all. :)

Now, regarding the Tactical Intiative III and Tier V ability...

I seriously do not know what should I respond on this, however, logically looking... well, perhaps Tactical Initiative logically should not affect Tier V ability. After all, Tactical Initiave was made to affect on kit powers for a Tactical player, but not the Tier V ability.

But hey, I really don't care which way happens. I do not want to be the voice of the community, but perhaps I'd go the way everyone else (or most of you) want :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It has nothing to do with you Lion Heart, but just I as one Ground PvPer do not care much should my Tier V abilities be immune to Tactical Initiave or not. Also please prevent yourself using the word 'drama' here, because it just adds oil on the fire. We don't need more drama than I caused right now with the response, still if I was wrong in anything I apologize.

And no, don't worry Lion, there will be no drama discussion. Tira Omega has his own reasons for severing his friendship with bre'W which I will not go into. It's their private issue after all. :)

Now, regarding the Tactical Intiative III and Tier V ability...

I seriously do not know what should I respond on this, however, logically looking... well, perhaps Tactical Initiative logically should not affect Tier V ability. After all, Tactical Initiave was made to affect on kit powers for a Tactical player, but not the Tier V ability.

But hey, I really don't care which way happens. I do not want to be the voice of the community, but perhaps I'd go the way everyone else (or most of you) want :)

TI effects skills such as dampening field as well. Its not that we all lean one way or the other if Cryptic says Tier V is not effected by TI, then its bug if this one is. As a ground PvPer, you should be concerned about bugs in the game. Just as PvEers are concerned about bugs in PvE missions.
    --
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    And no, don't worry Lion, there will be no drama discussion. Tira Omega has his own reasons for severing his friendship with bre'W which I will not go into. It's their private issue after all.

I did say the reason I cut ties with Brew. I didn't appreciate his change in mentality. He used to avoid exploits like the plague. Then, he decided that it's "Cryptic's fault" if something is broken and that he shouldn't have to "limit" himself just because Cryptic hadn't fixed something yet. He'd use an exploit to rack up kills and then he would taunt the other team in zone chat. That type of attitude is the fast road to a hostile community.

Thus, I gradually stopped teaming with him. The reason I put him on ignore was for a completely different reason. Let's just say the private messages he was sending me after I defeated him in PvP weren't...worth repeating, especially not on the forums. I'm not holding that against him, he is young and he will learn with time. For now, I have felt it best to leave him at a distance.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I did say the reason I cut ties with Brew. I didn't appreciate his change in mentality. He used to avoid exploits like the plague. Then, he decided that it's "Cryptic's fault" if something is broken and that he shouldn't have to "limit" himself just because Cryptic hadn't fixed something yet. He'd use an exploit to rack up kills and then he would taunt the other team in zone chat. That type of attitude is the fast road to a hostile community.

Thus, I gradually stopped teaming with him. The reason I put him on ignore was for a completely different reason. Let's just say the private messages he was sending me after I defeated him in PvP weren't...worth repeating, especially not on the forums. I'm not holding that against him, he is young and he will learn with time. For now, I have felt it best to leave him at a distance.

It's fine, and I apologize for even bringing it up. I feel it was a very uncomfortable moment for you, and perhaps it was probably the best to do that rather than listen to something he is saying that is not... in a enough mature level.

Response to Lion Heart:

I as one do not really care for bugs and that. If there's someone using the bug (in other words, exploiting on purpose) I really do not care. Though I admit it's a bit of annoying, I really do not bother myself into such things. I just play, care to win, and if I do not, I see on what I did mistake in the battle. Just like a normal player. I do admit I'm a bit of dramatic, but that topic is closed right now.

I wouldn't even put myself as a Ground PvPer, as well. I'm just a guy who wants to have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

______
    Someone random
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Response to Lion Heart:

I as one do not really care for bugs and that. If there's someone using the bug (in other words, exploiting on purpose) I really do not care. Though I admit it's a bit of annoying, I really do not bother myself into such things. I just play, care to win, and if I do not, I see on what I did mistake in the battle. Just like a normal player. I do admit I'm a bit of dramatic, but that topic is closed right now.

I wouldn't even put myself as a Ground PvPer, as well. I'm just a guy who wants to have fun.

Fair enough I guess.
    --
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It's fine, and I apologize for even bringing it up. I feel it was a very uncomfortable moment for you, and perhaps it was probably the best to do that rather than listen to something he is saying that is not... in a enough mature level.

Don't worry, there is nothing about Brew that makes me uncomfortable. His behavior toward me had turned abusive and I dealt with it accordingly. I'm not the first person he's turned around and stabbed in the back and I haven't been the last.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Just so you know, I just logged in to do the Ice Race and got your mail message. Unfortunately, I am unable to stay connected ingame for longer than 20 seconds at the moment...it might have something to do with the snow storm or it may just be the usual connectivity problems I've been having these last several months.

On the topic you wish to test, I believe that Cryo Immobilizer Module should be proccing more often with the Voth weapon from a stat point a view. The Experimental Proton Rifle has +4% Critical chance. Now, on a typical Science officer, that means you will have a +25% chance (21 normal + 4 on rifle) to critically hit. Here's the interesting part, the Experimental Proton Rifle fires two shots per volley, meaning you have two chances to critically hit per shot cycle. This means you have a 37.59% chance to critically hit at least once per shot cycle.

Cryo Immobilizer Module has a 20% chance to proc per critical hit. At 37.59% chance, you are looking at a 7.518% chance to proc Cryo Immobilizer Module per shot volley. So roughly 1 in every 13 shot cycles (ok, 1 in 12.530125, but I rounded up) will proc Cryo Immobilizer Module. If you'd like to do some ingame testing, I'll be happy to do so once I can get back ingame.

Edit: I should have probably noted that the Experimental Proton Rifle is not the only weapon to fire more than one shot per cycle. Full Auto Rifles and most beam weapons hit multiple times in a fire cycle on ground.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Just so you know, I just logged in to do the Ice Race and got your mail message. Unfortunately, I am unable to stay connected ingame for longer than 20 seconds at the moment...it might have something to do with the snow storm or it may just be the usual connectivity problems I've been having these last several months.

On the topic you wish to test, I believe that Cryo Immobilizer Module should be proccing more often with the Voth weapon from a stat point a view. The Experimental Proton Rifle has +4% Critical chance. Now, on a typical Science officer, that means you will have a +25% chance (21 normal + 4 on rifle) to critically hit. Here's the interesting part, the Experimental Proton Rifle fires two shots per volley, meaning you have two chances to critically hit per shot cycle. This means you have a 37.59% chance to critically hit at least once per shot cycle.

Cryo Immobilizer Module has a 20% chance to proc per critical hit. At 37.59% chance, you are looking at a 7.518% chance to proc Cryo Immobilizer Module per shot volley. So roughly 1 in every 13 shot cycles (ok, 1 in 12.530125, but I rounded up) will proc Cryo Immobilizer Module. If you'd like to do some ingame testing, I'll be happy to do so once I can get back ingame.

Edit: I should have probably noted that the Experimental Proton Rifle is not the only weapon to fire more than one shot per cycle. Full Auto Rifles and most beam weapons hit multiple times in a fire cycle on ground.

Yaeh I saw you in game and get discoed. No biggy, when your internet gets settled, just reply to my message and we'll set it up.
    --