test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ground PvP

tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Who saying that a ground pvp is not idiotic TRIBBLE and unplayable watch this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCjISu6rMig
Post edited by tmassx on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited December 2013
    This video is old and the bug that allowed this was resolved several patches ago.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OK OK but still one shot kill in pvp groud is available, so my question is, why is still pvp ground arena empty?
    A Cloaks are a bug from start, no one wants to be a prey for cloaked predator!
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cloaking is still a pain in the butt, but now there is a "cloaker hunter" set that can find cloakers. Also working as a team helps mitigate a cloaker. Scis can also run tricorder scan for a perception buff and debuff targets.

That's actually my fleet making the video showing that bug. Kataklism as well as the guy showing the exploit are affiliated w/ my fleet. If you're willing to use voice chat and get back into ground pvp, you can send me an in game email @ZeusNCC1701
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    tmassx wrote: »
    OK OK but still one shot kill in pvp groud is available, so my question is, why is still pvp ground arena empty?
    A Cloaks are a bug from start, no one wants to be a prey for cloaked predator!

What class are you playing? We should be able to help you learn to survive against "one hit kills".
    That's actually my fleet making the video showing that bug. Kataklism as well as the guy showing the exploit are affiliated w/ my fleet.

Yeah...about that, I'd try to ask your fleet to take that video down. It's simple enough to find if you are searching for recent Star Trek Online Ground PvP videos on Youtube. The bug is fixed after all.
    If you're willing to use voice chat and get back into ground pvp, you can send me an in game email @ZeusNCC1701

You don't need voice chat to do well in Ground PvP.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I was in that match. On the other side. It was fun playing with the bug. Tric scan and you could find them , but with target toys off I could not tab target. Bugs sometimes happen, hopefully Crypitc md a checklist for adding new weapons to prevent this from happening again.
    320x240.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm you can barely hear my sexy british voice... storm... you need to remake this when the next weapon batch arrive!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited December 2013
    Yeah...about that, I'd try to ask your fleet to take that video down. It's simple enough to find if you are searching for recent Star Trek Online Ground PvP videos on Youtube. The bug is fixed after all.

Well now we're gonna leave it up just to ignore you're advice. Shut up. Though, I'll admit it should have been done in a private match. But live and let live I guess. But still. Shut up.
    You don't need voice chat to do well in Ground PvP.

It's the policy of the fleet. I didn't say you need it to do well. I said it's needed for the fleet. Or are you going to police fleet policies too?

On an unrelated note: Try out the voth rep gun. I think it's proccing the cryo more than you're gonna like. Just so you can get on the case quickly.
    --
  • jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll be very neutral in this post.

The video that is in the thread and is current center of attention of everybody is a joke. I do not think someone should complain because of it's intention to entertain and make people laugh.

However, regarding about the video, at least if you're gonna put the video to stay please be brief in description that the bug is fixed. It shouldn't give people the wrong impression of that Ground PvP is messed up or something.

In other words... Tira, the video doesn't need to be deleted, but Lion, it should be mentioned that the bug was fixed.

- Please don't hate on a kind guy who was neutral here
    (just my 2 cents<3)

-jmiticp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After watching a pair of ground PvPers make total arses of themselves in an STF channel yesterday, Ground PvP can go hang as far as i'm concerned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I blame the ground pvp teams and their cyber bully game play style for the lack of interest in ground pvp by the majority of the community. I was in ground pvp fleet for a long time, so I know better than anyone what really goes on.
    If the community could bypass the teams by having a random Q interest would raise, but until then no one will Q because your chances of running into one of these premade teams are far too high.
    Also, by using/testing these bugs and exploits in public matches it only makes the general community more disinterested in ground pvp because they do not know it is being recorded for submission. They only know that a fleet is cheating their heart out and ruining the match.
  • tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I don't see how offering 10 million energy credits for 2 of us against 6 petstf'ers if they beat us in ground pvp is making an TRIBBLE of ourselves? Yeah my proposed partner's methods of persuasion may have been more colorful than mine but nevertheless the offer stood. It was a no risk high reward situation for those guys and offered the chance for them to have some fun fighting on a team with the advantage.

But that channel has few "actual" elite stfer's anyway so maybe I need to seek out other "pro" stf runners for quality stf runs! :) And fyi I have seen space guys behave far worse then my partner so space can go burn for all I care! It goes both ways regs!

BI make a version of ground tyler durden. If I had time to do this and promote it I would have months ago but i don't. It will take awhile to get going maybe even longer than space.
    The rules for the channel will be stuff like the space one. You can even do 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 just to get get matches popping in the early days.

1. Since ground is even more heavily rep and gear based then space match making will be heavily based on such.
    2. Known player skill level match making.
    3. Do not allow members of the same fleet on the same team if possible. This one I would suggest be heavily enforced. Even if premades challenge other premades with balanced teams. Take those teams and then mix them. If they can't get over their ego's and fight with someone they used to or currently hate then tell them to TRIBBLE off. I bust my a$$ pretty much for everyone regardless.
    4. Most of all don't make the mistake fes did with the private group pvp channel that bans all of fs and select players. ALLOW EVERYONE. Even former heavy exploiters. Remember policing broken ish in this channel will be easier to do. This doesn't mean everyone has to remove the people on ignore or such it means you have to fight hard and give your all since players are on a no bs hard knocks pvp channel! Who knows if we get enough random new people in pvp we may be able to get low rank pvps going too as they level their new toons!
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    4. Most of all don't make the mistake fes did with the private group pvp channel that bans all of fs and select players. ALLOW EVERYONE. Even former heavy exploiters. Remember policing broken ish in this channel will be easier to do. This doesn't mean everyone has to remove the people on ignore or such it means you have to fight hard and give your all since players are on a no bs hard knocks pvp channel! Who knows if we get enough random new people in pvp we may be able to get low rank pvps going too as they level their new toons!

An open-ground pvp related channel exists already for years its called "groundpvp".
    Regarding exploiters and "allow everyone", we've almost never enforced any moderation yet, even those fes/hs peeps have so far been allowed to stay.
  • tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mikiiy wrote: »
    An open-ground pvp related channel exists already for years its called "groundpvp".
    Regarding exploiters and "allow everyone", we've almost never enforced any moderation yet, even those fes/hs peeps have so far been allowed to stay.

I never knew about this channel. I will pop on it see how much activity we can garner. But yes this channel can be used for this purpose. In the end it doesn't matter who the owner is just as long as it is used in the manner I described.

In reality I would want this to attract newer players by assuring them that they won't be walking into a total stomp. If any current existing players want to join these matches so be it.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Chat wise, I think majority of the ground pvp talks have moved into the Opvp channel.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • jmiticpjmiticp Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I blame the ground pvp teams and their cyber bully game play style for the lack of interest in ground pvp by the majority of the community. I was in ground pvp fleet for a long time, so I know better than anyone what really goes on.
    If the community could bypass the teams by having a random Q interest would raise, but until then no one will Q because your chances of running into one of these premade teams are far too high.
    Also, by using/testing these bugs and exploits in public matches it only makes the general community more disinterested in ground pvp because they do not know it is being recorded for submission. They only know that a fleet is cheating their heart out and ruining the match.

I'm sorry, but the users in Ground PvP are part of the community, whether they may be either trolls, or griefers, or cyber bullys who make premades to crush Ground PvP. So, you'd disinclude their interest and play the way you think ''it's right''?

Every person has their own right to do what they want. Complaining about it further would make you seem like a guy who hates everybody.

As for the chat, I personally do not think that you will find that anyone mention Ground PvP in Organized PvP. It's all mostly Space PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ''The most disgusting ship you can ever see in the universe. Yes. Truly.''

______
    Someone random
    edited December 2013
    jmiticp wrote: »
    I'll be very neutral in this post.

The video that is in the thread and is current center of attention of everybody is a joke. I do not think someone should complain because of it's intention to entertain and make people laugh.

However, regarding about the video, at least if you're gonna put the video to stay please be brief in description that the bug is fixed. It shouldn't give people the wrong impression of that Ground PvP is messed up or something.

In other words... Tira, the video doesn't need to be deleted, but Lion, it should be mentioned that the bug was fixed.

- Please don't hate on a kind guy who was neutral here
    (just my 2 cents<3)

-jmiticp

I was at work when it was made. I didn't participate in it. It has become a joke, but the point was to show the bug so people can see what it was. I don't have control over that youtube account. It's nothing profane or something that requires fleet oversight. So whatever.
    --
    edited December 2013

Why so much hate, at least that is the way I take it. You might not of attended it but, I never heard of that channel. There is a channel that is used between FES/HS to allow easier inter-fleet communications.
    320x240.jpg
    edited December 2013
    jmiticp wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but the users in Ground PvP are part of the community, whether they may be either trolls, or griefers, or cyber bullys who make premades to crush Ground PvP. So, you'd disinclude their interest and play the way you think ''it's right''?

Every person has their own right to do what they want. Complaining about it further would make you seem like a guy who hates everybody.

As for the chat, I personally do not think that you will find that anyone mention Ground PvP in Organized PvP. It's all mostly Space PvP.

I see a couple people mention ground in OPvP, but very rarely.

Not every premade/fleetmade is out to stomp. In fact, I can't recall any premade actually saying anything about just rolling pugs. But I digress.

Premade/fleetmades will exist. Even if you split Q's, eventually pugs will want to make teams. You will eventually have pugs that are decent against newbies even if they don't team up, and this too will stunt community growth.

The root of the overall probkem is Cryptic doesn't care about PvP and has poor QA.

As for playing the right way or wrong way, well whatever. I'm a medic. There is a time to tank and a time to heal. I try to play as a team member no matter who I'm with. But sometimes I have to choose between healing a guy who running into 5 people or myself or another productive team member. It is an unfortunate nature of the beast right now. Shanty are bad for getting pugs because its a ten member team. So running 5 man deep gives you a fighting chance.

Sadly, and I'm 100% guilty too, what has happened is games that were simple rivalries have become straight up acidic hatred for each other. I'm trying to and have had some success with mending fences with certain people and am trying to get my fleet mates to drop some of the mistrust and animosity towards these people. But on the flip side, we all have to meet each other half way. So if I pug with a team or fleet and they see me trying to be a team play r, I hope that they wouldn't let me out to hang. There will always be competition, but there is no reason people can't work together. Some people won't, and that's on them.
    --
  • mikiiymikiiy Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Why so much hate, at least that is the way I take it. You might not of attended it but, I never heard of that channel. There is a channel that is used between FES/HS to allow easier inter-fleet communications.

Not sure were you see 'hate' there.

I just pointed out that a GroundPvP chat channel was created by us way over 3 years ago, its a public channel and new people to ground are of course welcome there.

I don't really care about your FES/HS channel not sure why you even bring it up.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have my own channel, it's called Fans of Kollins

Check it out.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited December 2013
    Not sure were you see 'hate' there.

I just pointed out that a GroundPvP chat channel was created by us way over 3 years ago, its a public channel and new people to ground are of course welcome there.

I don't really care about your FES/HS channel not sure why you even bring it up.

Brought it up because some players I was talking to thought they were the same channel. I was not trying to be rude or condisending but I might join the channel you are talking about. I am not above plying with anyone. Win or lose, I am here to have fun. If it is helping pug, premade, or another fleet I m game. The fleet tag above players names mean very little to me. Once again it is all about fun, if I am not having it why ply at all.
    320x240.jpg
    edited December 2013
    Brought it up because some players I was talking to thought they were the same channel. I was not trying to be rude or condisending but I might join the channel you are talking about. I am not above plying with anyone. Win or lose, I am here to have fun. If it is helping pug, premade, or another fleet I m game. The fleet tag above players names mean very little to me. Once again it is all about fun, if I am not having it why ply at all.

This is true for most of Hammer. For me personally, if you see me on your team because I pugged it or whatever, you're likely to see my Triage hit you too. By now everyone in game knows who I am. If you need a 5th, whatever. Unless I'm grinding my life away on Dyson's (ffs, I work 40+ hours already to come home and do it in a game), it's unlikely I'll say no.

Edit: That goes for PvE as well....
    --
    edited December 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    I have my own channel, it's called Fans of Kollins

Check it out.

Can we get autographed pictures?
    --
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can we get autographed pictures?

Yes, but you have to collect 1000 of them over the course of 35 days to turn in for a prize.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited December 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Yes, but you have to collect 1000 of them over the course of 35 days to turn in for a prize.
    Oh oh oh, I want the uncloaked pulsewave up the backside. That one is my favorite.
    320x240.jpg
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh oh oh, I want the uncloaked pulsewave up the backside. That one is my favorite.

Sounds unpleasant and likely to cause burns, friction or otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited December 2013

I'm sorry, but unfortunately we cloakers are all sold out of that particular autograph, there is always such a high demand for them. However, we are still offering our limited edition cloaked sniper rifle to the head, it's a great deal. A 25% discount while supplies last in our recent going out of cloaksnipe business sale that started after yesterday's patch. Hurry, this offer won't be available for long and is not available in stores.

(sigh), Bi Shonen, FES hasn't queued much since Season 8 either. However, if you've noticed, all of the PvPers are either in the Voth Battlezone or Q's Winter Wonderland. We've all just been busy focusing on the PvE aspect of the game for the time being. This happens every time a new season comes out, Ground PvP dies down before it springs back up again. You know this already.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    But that channel has few "actual" elite stfer's anyway so maybe I need to seek out other "pro" stf runners for quality stf runs!

Ok, lets not be condescending towards some random people that we don't even know. The purpose of the channel is not to be 'top-notch-elite' like some dps channels out there anyway. We only strive to help people new to STF learn the ropes of the game, and the channel makes a pool of STFers available who will make sure that you will get optional on elite STFs (or other PvE queues) every time. Well, not everytime, but u get the picture. ;)

Well, for more information, plz visit link bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFv2
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor