test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lib Borg Tac BOFF for Fed

jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
Since I've been wanting to make all Borg away team for my Liberated Borg Captain, I came across the problem, that there currently is no Liberated Borg Tactical officer for Federation characters. I honestly do not see a reason why not, especially if people are willing to pay Zen for it. Maybe even let us choose the profession/gender of the officer too, similar to what the Vet Android has?

So, pretty please, Cryptic? :) Christmas soon. :D
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
"bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
"Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Klingons don't get Liberated Borg Tactical Bridge Officers either. Only Romulans get it. I would like to see Liberated Borg Bridge Officers get the same treatment as Aenar and Caitian Bridge Officers.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Why not make it an additional lifetime perk?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »
    I don't think that getting a BOFF should be a lifetime perk. That's why I thought I'd post here, as a suggestion for the C-store, so if people are willing to throw the Zen in for it, why not let them? Not having an access to specific career from 'species' (Borg are not technically species, but let's not nitpick) is kind of weak and should be remedied. <.<

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In my opinion Liberated Borg bridge officers should share the ability with the veteran Android in being able to have their gender and class chosen by the player. There should be a choice with the Z-Store Liberated Borg Officer currently available, for at least class and gender if not also species. It could work like with Caitians/Ferasans and Aenar BOffs, where you buy a universal "officer transfer" token to turn in at the personel officer for your choice of Liberated Borg bridge officer.

It's definitely not as much of a tech or modeling issue for there to be that much choice - for playable Liberated Borg as well - as they've already pulled off both things like the Android BOffs, as well as the Borg cybernetics which appear when a Borg enemy successfully assimilates a player or NPC. They even got the stuff working on Caitians.

I think it should be that Liberated Borg be made available for every class, gender, and species available for each faction, with BOff versions being available to anyone and playable versions being available only to Lifetimers.
  • Options
    tragamitestragamites Member Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    westx211 wrote: »

Being a Lifetime or Veteran Perk IMO is too restrictive. I have drawn up an idea for a lifetime perk be the Liberated Borg Faction and with that a Featured Series that will offer Liberated Borg (Alien M/F) BOffs of all professions as a reward for one of those episodes.

In that way any one could complete the episode and get whichever type of BOff they wanted. Complete it multiple times and you can have a Bridge crew of all Borg if you wished.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Well, I agree, that in one form or another, if we wanted, we could get all-Borg away team. I mean, Romulans can do that. Why not other factions as well. Plus, putting it on C-store means, that in one way or another, Cryptic gets profit out of it.

• Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You can have your liberated Borg Tac, but it only comes in a voluptuous, hourglass-shaped female model that is locked out of the tailor.

:P
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    You can have your liberated Borg Tac, but it only comes in a voluptuous, hourglass-shaped female model that is locked out of the tailor.

:P
    Each time you post, you post something non-constructive and annoying... mind stop doing that?

• Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Oh, lighten up. This place is not your personal soap box where you can impose a "serious discussion only" condition.
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Oh, lighten up. This place is not your personal soap box where you can impose a "serious discussion only" condition.
    Well, there's a place for humour on this forum. Ten Forward forum. As for me and 'lighten up' - my humour is good, I just know there is time and place for it. And quite frankly, when proposing something to developers, it's better to stick to facts, without derailing the topic with silly, useless comments.

• Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Remember the liberated Borg Science officer in the Lobi store? Female, Romulan, cusomiable, and all faction access. There is also the Borg science officer you can pick up for free that is male and is pure Borg..a tactical copy like these would be acceptable, and if needed I'd by from the c-store.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite