test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerf?

irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Hello,

I am a KDF Tactical captain flying a Bird of Prey, my build used to kill people, however recently I've noticed it doesn't kill people all to well, however I do not want to change my build at all and so I must demand that anything that helps a player stay alive when I fire upon them with my alpha be nerfed and all those who manage to kill me should be banned after I throw a torrent of abuse at them.

Your sincerely,
Generic BoP PvPer.
IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Post edited by irwin109 on

Comments

• Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am a KDF Tactical captain flying a Bird of Prey, my build used to kill people, however recently I've noticed it doesn't kill people all to well, however I do not want to change my build at all and so I must demand that anything that helps a player stay alive when I fire upon them with my alpha be nerfed and all those who manage to kill me should be banned after I throw a torrent of abuse at them.

Your sincerely,
    Generic BoP PvPer.

#UberTrollThread?
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    #UberTrollThread?

I've just noticed it's the standard underlying cause for most nerf cries in this game hehe.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh look its this thread again
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sarcasm dosen't translate well over the internet, but this one was rather obvious... not sure how others could not see it.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited November 2013
    Hello,

Your sincerely,
    Generic BoP PvPer.

I agree, you are the Op player in the game and nobody can handle you so there is a problem... All us newbtards need a nerftard.:eek::eek:

Or what did you try to say? my sarcasm meter maxed out and I gots all confused there...:D
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Sarcasm dosen't translate well over the internet, but this one was rather obvious... not sure how others could not see it.

I was actually on the fence about this one, i saw sarcasm dripping from it, but on the other hand i have seen posts like it that were absolutely dead serious....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    NERF EVERYTHING !!!

That is all.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    DON'T feed thetroll!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello,

Your sincerely,
    Generic BoP PvPer.

And whilst we're at it, what about adding a T5 constitution class? :P
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited November 2013
    And whilst we're at it, what about adding a T5 constitution class? :P

Keep asking for it and cryptic will give a T5 Constipation class instead. But then again i really really do not want to know what that ship looks like.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    Keep asking for it and cryptic will give a T5 Constipation class instead. But then again i really really do not want to know what that ship looks like.

T5 Mirror Universe constitution? Completely Sci oriented.

Cmdr Sci.
    Lt. Cmdr Sci
    Lt. Eng.
    Lt. Sci.
    Ensign Eng.

1 Tac console 5 Eng 4 Sci

That'll learn ya. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cmdr Sci.
    Lt. Cmdr Sci
    Lt. Eng.
    Lt. Sci.
    Ensign Eng.

I could do some downright evil things with a layout like that
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Cmdr Sci.
    Lt. Cmdr Sci
    Lt. Eng.
    Lt. Sci.
    Ensign Eng.

May I please have;
    3 Device Slots
    5 Engi Console
    5 Sci consoles

or

3 Engi Consoles
    7 Sci Console :D

What is a Tactical Console, I've never of them :P
    :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wanna Combat Raptor Mount with a freakin laser on it's head.
    To be honest, I think the word Nerf should be added to the banned words list. We don't need more nerfs, we need weaker elements buffed.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »

The other Star Cruiser.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think we should just nerf the Klingon side and be done with it.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I say nerf ammunition and beams and instead make all weapons throw different varieties of flower petals onto their target! :D After all if nobody can ever kill anybody, ever, by design, then nobody will ever complain that anything is OP or UP (except for the obvious calls by the Feds demanding bigger petals). :P

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was actually on the fence about this one, i saw sarcasm dripping from it, but on the other hand i have seen posts like it that were absolutely dead serious....

You mean like the Avenger feedback thread where someone essentially said he doesn't want to use a certain build so the ship must be buffed to make his build work?
  • Options
    twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I do like how this KDF-flame thread got moved to KDF shipyards, rather than closed.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    twam wrote: »
    I do like how this KDF-flame thread got moved to KDF shipyards, rather than closed.

ROFL, actually hadn't noticed, nice spotting.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Poe's Law applies to all of the internet.
    <3
  • Options
    redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    While on the topic of BOP captians whats with the massive amounts BOP's in Kerrat that decloak and shoot a transphasic or Breen cluster then re-cloak. They never can kill anyone it never does any real damage that is not auto-healed in 3 seconds. They never try to stay and fight, it's just "pew--cloak run---pew---cloak run" I've also seen the Romulan T'varo's doing this with the destabilized torp. Its so slow and never reaches it's mark or does no real damage. It's like a fly buzzing around. All it does is annoy. Wait..I just answered my own question. This is like the party ball and party popper guys at the starbases. They are just trying to harrass and annoy right? or do these guys actually think they are doing something and that these "bombing runs" are an effective tatic?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    While on the topic of BOP captians whats with the massive amounts BOP's in Kerrat that decloak and shoot a transphasic or Breen cluster then re-cloak. They never can kill anyone it never does any real damage that is not auto-healed in 3 seconds. They never try to stay and fight, it's just "pew--cloak run---pew---cloak run" I've also seen the Romulan T'varo's doing this with the destabilized torp. Its so slow and never reaches it's mark or does no real damage. It's like a fly buzzing around. All it does is annoy. Wait..I just answered my own question. This is like the party ball and party popper guys at the starbases. They are just trying to harrass and annoy right? or do these guys actually think they are doing something and that these "bombing runs" are an effective tatic?

Lots of people who do this kind of stuff wouldn't know an effective tactic if it bit them in the aft thruster array, they'd cry "NERF!" instead.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013

If they are only shooting one or two things at a time and then not doing much else, of course that would be little more than an annoyance. It's a bit more work to play an effective torp boat than other types of builds.

Besides, if they are doing it over and over again, they are breaking one of the biggest rules of playing a BoP: Never overly focus on a single target for too long.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've just noticed it's the standard underlying cause for most nerf cries in this game hehe.

Lol. BoP pilots are the underlying cause of nerfs in STO?!?
    Well they are gonna be pissed to discover that the Double Tap got nerfed. It was a huge part of the BOP decloak alpha.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    twam wrote: »

Evidently the Mods dont read Klingon threads. They just move them.

R.I.P
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Perhaps the mods have been nerfed too?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    Perhaps the mods have been nerfed too?

Isn't that one of the signs of the oncomming nerfpocalypse? We are doomed!

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Lol. BoP pilots are the underlying cause of nerfs in STO?!?
    Well they are gonna be pissed to discover that the Double Tap got nerfed. It was a huge part of the BOP decloak alpha.

It's a simple thing: when something gets nerfed that hurts BoPs, it's the BoP divers' fault.
    And when something is nerfed that helps the BoP drivers, it's still their fault because they probably complained about it. No need to prove it of course.
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    I've never understood the supposed logic behind using something with a .83 shield modifier. If the little babies in the BoP stopped cloaking long enough to actually stay visible, they would get stomped on by my Bortasqu, avenger, defiant, torkhat.etc etc