test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EXTREME Lag when I log on

blackrewblackrew Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
EVERY TIME I log on and go onto a character it lags for 3 - 6 minutes.
This has been happening for a month now and it is starting to make me not want to play the game
Post edited by blackrew on

Comments

• stolokstolok Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I've been experiencing the exact same thing. Right after login, the game takes a minute or more to respond to a mouse-click, and the animations are running at a frame or so per second. Eye blinks on avatars are long, drawn-out events. Most menus won't even pop-up. After 3-5 minutes, something gets corrected and it becomes possible to play.
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You're not the only one. I've gotten this ever day since S8 started. Between this and the constant disconnects, Ive about had it.
    edited December 2013
    OK, no change in this latest update so they must not have a clue yet what is going on.

Do either of you also have LOTRO on your machines? That requires both DX 9 and the very old .NET 1.1 to be installed. Maybe one of these could be causing interference? Is there perhaps a knowledge base somewhere about applications or components known to cause problems with games?
    edited December 2013
    OK, I've found what the problem was for MY system. I'm running STO in Windows 7 x64, and was using the -ignorex64check switch to get the sound to work. Since I didn't see this happening on a Win XP (32-bit) system, I deleted that switch from the launcher and now I can login without lag every time -- but now have no sound! So it looks like I have to choose between getting sound FX and getting to play without waiting 5 minutes after login.

Or maybe Cryptic could fix a years old bug with Realtek sound drivers?