test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Threat to all worlds. Long term or short term?

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
In wake of new "Villains in every season.

And dinosaurs with frikkin lazers (Whats wrong with teeth?)

Which one do you preferr the best?

Long term enemy rthat has story evolving in every season with numerous missions (I dont see Iconians being this)

Or "Seasons enemy" AKA Iconian recruitted race, know to us as somewhat neutral, turned to evil by Cryptic. Few missions to evolve story with grinding to evolve story further through cutscenes in certain rep levels.

Which one would it be. Take Borg from series as long term enemy example or perphaps old Romulan Star Empire, Dominion etc.
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »
    And dinosaurs with frikkin lazers (Whats wrong with teeth?)

Teeth don't get the job done. Lazers do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013

"ZZZAP!!" Ahh, fried meat, anyone has any salt please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeah, teeth get the job done, but only at close range. Lasers have much better range. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yeah, teeth get the job done, but only at close range. Lasers have much better range. :D

Teeth don't really puncture transparent aluminum. Lazers totally can!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Star Turok...

That really made my day XD Just noticed. I just want my crossbow!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    I'm still waiting for next very ST expansion. Sharks are needed in this game.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rather them used some kind of Mech instead of dino's with frakkin lasers.

Hell rather them used CYLONS for godsake than dino's with lasers. :mad:
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "ZZZAP!!" Ahh, fried meat, anyone has any salt please?

I would say they do. The only time i have trouble in Battlezone is when those raptor guys jump me, pinning me down. Then another one comes and chain pins me.
    That is MUCH scarier than a laser.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm still waiting for next very ST expansion. Sharks are needed in this game.

Season 9: A wormhole is nothing compared to a...Sharkhole! Spewing sharks into your sector soon!
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Which one do you preferr the best?

Long term enemy rthat has story evolving in every season with numerous missions (I dont see Iconians being this)

Or "Seasons enemy" AKA Iconian recruitted race,..Take Borg from series as long term enemy example or perphaps old Romulan Star Empire, Dominion etc.

I think option 2 is the most realistic from a game perspective. If the game were to stick with one consistent enemy for a long time, I can see a lot of people complaining about how stale the game is becoming. New enemies keep things a little more lively.

Your examples from the series are interesting, because the Borg and Romulan Star Empire actually had very few episodes which featured them. In between were many one-off alien races (I hesitate to say "enemies" because the series were less combat-focused than a video game).

The Dominion are a better example of a long-term enemy, but again even at the height of the Dominion War, Deep Space Nine had plenty of diversionary episodes that focused on other things.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.