test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

klingon clothes

valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Klingon Discussion
Is there many on the c store or unlockable sets in game? Not sure what they can get on cstore just wondered as my klingon female doesnt really look very unique, i do have the bajoran uniform but dont know if klingons can wear them
Post edited by valkarie14 on

Comments

• angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Klingons don't have much of anything.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    angrybobh wrote: »
    Klingons don't have much of anything.

Quoted for truth.

Though I will admit, this probably belongs in the Klingon game-play sub-forum.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    valkarie14 wrote: »
    Is there many on the c store or unlockable sets in game? Not sure what they can get on cstore just wondered as my klingon female doesnt really look very unique, i do have the bajoran uniform but dont know if klingons can wear them

Only one. The Klingon Academy Uniform. And dassit.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Klingon clothing customization?.. nope, nothing like the other two factions(even Romulans have far more options). You have the Academy outfit in the C-store, Reputation Costumes, and stuff from the lobi store.
  • serevnserevn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can buy some KDF outfit pieces with lobi, LIKE THE FREAKING SKIRTS, do the feds have to cough up the dough to have a skirt?... no they don't.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Klingons do ave 39th century outfits on the Lobi store and can wear the Voth and Temporal Cold War jumpsuit from the Lobi store.

There's also the fleet starbase costume unlock, mining costume unlock, and Romulan senate robes from the embassy.

Klingon captains can also wear off-duty outfits, which includes the Bajoran Vedek robes from the DS9 pack, formal wear (Gorn in tuxedos are my favorite), and merc outfits.

I would love to see a fleet entirely of Gorn in tuxedos.

Anyway...

More would be nice. But I'd expect Klingon wear to come mainly as Lobi, rep, and fleet unlocks. The C-Store offerings lost money compared to the labor that went into making them. (And labor in San Francisco ain't cheap.) My understanding is that fed costume sales were disappointing and may have frequently been losers mainly offset by use in missions. Klingon costume sales were lower.

Lobi/rep/fleet cosmetics get budgeted differently so it's easier to justify them because they tie into more profitable systems and are per character.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013

It's funny that Romulans have three Uniform sets, and Klingons have the one. Then again, Klingons did get the TOS Uniforms for free, while the Federation players had to pay for theirs.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kdf only have one uniform in the cstore, 'klingon academy'. the costume might look great on a klingon or a nausican, but its not really something an orion is going to rush out and buy. i suspect that, like the bortasqu cruiser, due to low sales they decided to never offer the kdf another cstore outfit ever again, rather than making a fair attempt at offering something people might actually want to buy.

there are some other outfits available to the kdf though. lobi items make it onto the exchange, but you will likely spend tens of millions of ec on them, and they are per toon purchases rather than account-wide unlocks. some of these are the warrior skirt, the temporal jumsuit, and the korath(?) uniform.

you can also find some winter/summer event clothing on the exchange, usually far cheaper. examples are the winter event coats and the summer outfits like shorts, flower accents (bikini for orions), sunglasses and so on. these are also per-toon purchases.

there are outfits available via fleet holdings as well. the mine has the miner outfit, the starbase has the bortasqu costume, and the embassy has some sort of robes. these are also per-toon purchases.

sadly, these are the only clothing options i am aware of.

edit: as posted above, certain off-duty costumes have been made available to the kdf, such as the mercenary outfit
  • valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I didnt know the summer and winter clothes were available what would they be under on exchange? The coats nice?
    edited November 2013
    'reward packs' iirc
    the coats are pretty cool, but you cannot colour them at all
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I had to waste some of that free Lobi on getting my KDF a Korath uniform, it's about the only proper looking KDF uniform except the (partial) TOS / TAS one.

Canon or not all the other options look a bit stupid on a futuristic, space traveling, civilisation.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2013
    i favour the omega outfit (rep), the temporal jumpsuit (lobi), and the warriors skirt (lobi).
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Klingons have all the dilithium. They just lack for things to spend it on. :o
    edited November 2013
    Cant find coats on exchange :( only octagon glasses
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In reward packs, set the rarity sort to "common" and search for winter jacket or winter coat (I forget which). You could also search for the colors in the reward packs category, white, brown, or black, which ought to return the winter coats.

On the topic of KDF clothes, I'm looking forward to the day my KDF fleet hits Spire 3 and unlocks the Spire tailor. That researcher costume looks great.
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited November 2013

There is also the Bortasqu uniform if you have access to a fleet.

What is annoying though is that their are other Klingon clothes in game that only NPCs seem to have like the Long coats it wouldn't take that much effort for the devs to make the available to the players. They just as per usual can't be bothered because it is KDF.

Same goes for melee weapons like the mek'leth.
  • vampirialvampirial Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Be careful my KDF allied Reman unlocked the bortasqu, it worked fine at first now it doesn't. Don't wasted fleet creds.
  • elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Federation allied players get 100's of patrol missions that KDF does not get. These types of missions are so easy to create a beginner with the Foundry tools could add them to the game, Cryptic though can't be bothered.

The list goes on and on about what federation gets and Klingons don't get, it is a wonder they allow the faction to play at all really...:(
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this probably belongs in the Klingon game-play sub-forum.

Agreed. Done.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vampirial wrote: »
    Be careful my KDF allied Reman unlocked the bortasqu, it worked fine at first now it doesn't. Don't wasted fleet creds.

This was changed in the August 29 patch. Romulans now purchase (at half-price) a version that only works with officers obtained from their ally.

Presumably, this is because only KDF-allied Romulans could make use of the uniform before, with Fed-allied Romulans not being able to use the Odyssey uniform parts (all three of them).
    edited November 2013
    Wheres thr bortasqu uniforms? What thry look like? Does the temporal suit look good? I looked on lobi store but couldnt think if my char wpuld suit it, there should be an option to try before you buy, does anyone have the jump suit?
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wheres thr bortasqu uniforms? What thry look like? Does the temporal suit look good? I looked on lobi store but couldnt think if my char wpuld suit it, there should be an option to try before you buy, does anyone have the jump suit?

Fleet Starbase Tier 3 has an upgrade project for a base tailor, which sells the Bortasqu' uniform. If nothing else, it's got nice boots and gauntlets.
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Allow female KDF players to wear the Seven of Nine outfit. It's not like it's really a Starfleet uniform. She was a civilian, therefore her outfit is a civilian outfit. The T'Pol uniform is the same really, even though she kept on wearing it in Season four as a member of Starfleet (but this thread or forum isn't the place to complain about that...).
    y1arXbh.png

• lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited December 2013
    sle1989 wrote: »
    Allow female KDF players to wear the Seven of Nine outfit. It's not like it's really a Starfleet uniform. She was a civilian, therefore her outfit is a civilian outfit. The T'Pol uniform is the same really, even though she kept on wearing it in Season four as a member of Starfleet (but this thread or forum isn't the place to complain about that...).

This, and female romulans as well.
    Plus the suit was designed to help with the skin regeneration issues as liberated borg.
    And given that every faction has liberated borg by now, it stands to reason that the technology around them are also available for all factions. Aka sevens biosuit.
  • greendragon527greendragon527 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This, and female romulans as well.
    Plus the suit was designed to help with the skin regeneration issues as liberated borg.
    And given that every faction has liberated borg by now, it stands to reason that the technology around them are also available for all factions. Aka sevens biosuit.

True, fair point. What's kinda sad too is that the Voth uniform is so very KDF-like. The shoulder pads also seem to fit much better than those humongous standard ones.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'd be happy if there was more flexibility with incorporating parts of the Miners outfit with LL costumes, not just uniforms.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited December 2013
    There's also the Voth outfit to add to the list and it uses the Romulan colour palette.

Yes, that is right, the KDF finally have a costume option that allows colour outside of the dull and depressing spectrum.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kdf only have one uniform in the cstore, 'klingon academy'. the costume might look great on a klingon or a nausican, but its not really something an orion is going to rush out and buy.

Orions might want the eyepatch, though. Can't have a proper space pirate crew without some extra eyepatches.
  • shadosweavershadosweaver Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got 9 uniforms showing on uniform select 3 are my standard which i can use the other 6 are bugged from my last 2 uniform issues. Is there any chance of putting a delete button on this window so i can remove the Non-accessable ones thankyou
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Cant find coats on exchange :( only octagon glasses

Winter coats are not on the exchange. You have to get them by collecting winter collectibles via the Winter event.

You should get them. They're effectively free (i.e. they don't cost any currency of note like Lobi/Dil/Fleet marks), available for a limited time only (winter events), and actually look great with the KDF's many accessories (like gauntlets and weird half-capes).

The short or cropped jacket options are also good if you want something more practical but still fetching, on your Orion females.

The Green winter coat is pretty much the only way you'll get a non-Orion KDF character in anything colored bright green, assuming that's a thing you want the option to do.