test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Compensation for lost game play.

venarravenarra Member Posts: 112 Arc User
I am wondering if Cryptic is going to extend access to the "Sphere of Influence" mission and extend access to the free Solanae Tribble in the C-store for those of us who cannot log in due to the "Cyrptic Loading Screen" crash error? The Solanae Tribble offer will expire before the next patch on Thursday. :confused:

Some of us were still in the process of acquiring the Obelisk Carrier and it components (Rift Warp core, Omni-direction Anti-Proton Array, Rare Anti-Proton Beam Array Mk XI) for our characters when you hastily released Season 8 without proper Quality Control.

Someone from Cryptic please answer this question and quit moving it to another open thread so you can ignore the issue. That just pisses me off. :mad:

I am very angry and annoyed with how you have handled the "Cryptic Loading Screen" crash issue. You were aware it was failing to load for some of your beta testers in the Tribble test server, yet you released Season 8 anyway. Cowboy up and answer for your failings. :mad:
Post edited by venarra on

Comments

• gostlymaniac14gostlymaniac14 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I doubt you will ever get an official answer. I've actually asked about the tribble that will disappear on the 27th, with the next update supposedly being tomorrow accroding to Bran's twitter, and have received no response.
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wonder what is the issue that causes some people to crash...what is the common denominator.

A thread with people stating their specs would go a long way to troubleshoot this issue.

Oh, the fix hasn't been released to tribble so you may be waiting another week unfortunately.
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
    edited November 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    I wonder what is the issue that causes some people to crash...what is the common denominator.

A thread with people stating their specs would go a long way to troubleshoot this issue.

Oh, the fix hasn't been released to tribble so you may be waiting another week unfortunately.

They've actually stated it's on their end, and it's affecting certain video cards. I use a Radeon and a few I've seen affected also used Nvidia. Plus, their whole no communication policy is ridiculous.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The Obelisk and the Advanced Swarmers are part of the featured series and will be available until the 5th of December, just like the Breen BOFF, Reman BOFF, Ophidian Cane, and Shard of Possibilities. I believe the Obelisk Warp-Core, and Anti-Proton Turret are unique mission rewards much like the other special gear from featured episodes, and will remain after the end of the Featured Series run.
    edited November 2013
    davidwford wrote: »
    The Obelisk and the Advanced Swarmers are part of the featured series and will be available until the 5th of December, just like the Breen BOFF, Reman BOFF, Ophidian Cane, and Shard of Possibilities. I believe the Obelisk Warp-Core, and Anti-Proton Turret are unique mission rewards much like the other special gear from featured episodes, and will remain after the end of the Featured Series run.

Keep in mind that they don't have a fix for this yet as the loading screen crash still exists in Tribble, which was patched today. Since it won't be out this week the next patch would be on Dec 5. So your position makes no sense.
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    venarra wrote: »
    I am wondering if Cryptic is going to extend access to the "Sphere of Influence" mission and extend access to the free Solanae Tribble in the C-store for those of us who cannot log in due to the "Cyrptic Loading Screen" crash error? The Solanae Tribble offer will expire before the next patch on Thursday. :confused:

Some of us were still in the process of acquiring the Obelisk Carrier and it components (Rift Warp core, Omni-direction Anti-Proton Array, Rare Anti-Proton Beam Array Mk XI) for our characters when you hastily released Season 8 without proper Quality Control.

Someone from Cryptic please answer this question and quit moving it to another open thread so you can ignore the issue. That just pisses me off. :mad:

I am very angry and annoyed with how you have handled the "Cryptic Loading Screen" crash issue. You were aware it was failing to load for some of your beta testers in the Tribble test server, yet you released Season 8 anyway. Cowboy up and answer for your failings. :mad:

Probably a big, fat, no considering the Xmas event is upcoming :)
    edited November 2013
    abfabfleet wrote: »

An event that won't be experienced by the players affected by Cryptic's bug.
  • wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    abfabfleet wrote: »

correct and you want compensation for game time lost??? that is what your title says OP thats just crazy for a F2p game thats like wanting sugarless syrup or meat free meat...... no...... dissmissed............smh
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
    edited November 2013
    wildweasal wrote: »
    correct and you want compensation for game time lost??? that is what your title says OP thats just crazy for a F2p game thats like wanting sugarless syrup or meat free meat...... no...... dissmissed............smh

If he's a paying customer like I am, but I can neither confirm or deny he is, having time lost for reasons that are in Cryptic's control is ridiciuous. As then he would not be getting what he payed for.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If he's a paying customer like I am, but I can neither confirm or deny he is, having time lost for reasons that are in Cryptic's control is ridiciuous. As then he would not be getting what he payed for.

But a paying customer, by just playing the game, has already agreed to this...
    3. Description
    ... You agree that PWE is not responsible for any hardware, software or Internet access, quality, suitability or unavailability issues. ...

17. Fees

PWE may charge fees to access and acquire certain game items or participate in game activities on the Website and may allow the purchase of in game "points" that may be applied to the purchase of in game items or activities ("Zen") ANY APPLICABLE ZEN, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY REASON.

http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms