test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Proton Space weapons

deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
Any plans of full proton weapon sets being added in the future? As of Season 8 the only one that I know of is the experimental one from Dyson rep. (Actually not sure if thats a array, or cannon type, or if they have both options. I believe I saw it once and it was a 360* beam) But like all rep weapons of this type its 1X per ship, so a full proton build isnt viable that way.

Seen a few tact consoles that had split AP/and proton + dmg, so not sure if cryptic was leaning more towards players going full AP + the rep weapon, but theyd lose so much dmg that way =/

Also the Dyson universal console adds proton dmg which would be pretty useful on a proton build (Maybe too useful seeing as 13% dmg in a non tact slot is a lot)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been getting Proton Polaron space weapons as rewards from the Dyson Reputation system.
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited November 2013
    kayajay wrote: »
    I've been getting Proton Polaron space weapons as rewards from the Dyson Reputation system.

Entirely different beasts, those do polaron damage. He is talking about weapons that do proton damage.
  • Options
    aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can't you get proton weapons from the Fleet Spire?
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aaronh42 wrote: »
    Can't you get proton weapons from the Fleet Spire?

Nope.

Currently the only proton space weapon is the T4 dyson rep cannon/beam hybrid.
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nope.

Currently the only proton space weapon is the T4 dyson rep cannon/beam hybrid.

And that's the biggest problem with that weapon, to make it a viable weapon they either need to significantly buff its damage or add proton weapons and damage consoles so you can do a full proton setup, just like you can do a tetryon or plasma setup when using the nukara and romulan rep weapons.