test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Content or Bug Fixes??? (Vote)

daddytrekdaddytrek Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Simple msg CONTENT or BUG

Curious to see what the STO community would go for?

Me i would vote BUG
Post edited by daddytrek on

Comments

• uss917019uss917019 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make a month or 2 of FIXING BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    BUG (and some finishwork)
  • dachronikdachronik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug ^^^^^^^^^^
  • dunmovyndunmovyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bug bug bug
  • velvetsanityvelvetsanity Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Definitely bugfixes. Season 8 introduced a large number of serious bugs.

And possibly some streamlining/optimization of code in the process.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm gonna go with Bug... but, and maybe its luck, I don't get hit too often with bugs (or at least bugs that impact my game play too badly, I rarely see the bugs many go on about here). I am not saying they don't exist, I just don't see them..

I would really like to see (not from the players perspective, but the dev team), the list of known issues be expanded upon (from release notes), and possibly be an ongoing thread. I know they have a list (be it on a whiteboard, or sticky notes on monitors... all development teams have "The List". I think that the recent change (not sure if its Branflakes who started doing this or not), but I personally appreciate the effort made to edit the thread title when they are investigating an issue... I believe a lot of frustration in the forums is due to perceived lack of communication, and this is certainly a step in the right direction.

Anyways, the thread should be locked (no responses) and should have the following;

Post 1 is the list of known issues (Estimation on impact (Low/Med/High) etc, post 2 list of issues under investigation (not known, but suspected), post 3 date of release of correction... , move issues to the different posts as appropriate. Just informational lists.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug Bug

Squash'em.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-bugs-v
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug-bug-bug-bug
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    Bugfixes. Season 8 is a carnival of bugs.
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bugs. I would be totally fine if they stopped rolling out new content and ships for awhile and just focused on the bugs and getting their game out of an almost open beta state. I love Star Trek and this game, but sometimes, especially since S8 launched, it feels like I'm playing an open beta with a cash shop.
  • my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh I don't know...if they offered a free miniature 'Q' pet to follow me around on the ground and in space and I could forgive just about any bug ... ... ... I'd seriously rather have the bugs fixed.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Three months of bug-hunt followed by three months of actual real-world playtesting followed by three months of followup followed by a grand relaunch.

STO Season 9: Working As Intended (no, seriously!) :cool:
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bugs.

Season 8: Sphere of Bugs is getting rough now lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My unbiased vote is for content. So far bugs haven't affected my gameplay

My greedy self centered vote? Content that I've customized
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bug fixes has my vote.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Having a really tough time playing tonight.

-DC'd 3 times (within 30 mins)

-Graphics "Mirroring" - "Movement Trails/Visual echos"

-In sector space every 30 secs or so, the screen gets really bright white, but, if you open a menu, it restores the natural view.

I would like PWE/CRYPTIC and STO Team to really just concentrate on bug fixes for the next little while. Forget about new content for the next 3-4 months, it's appreciated, but not needed at the moment;
    I'm drowning in episodes to complete, as well as having a hard time keeping up to date on REP chores/grind.

I vote in favour of a full on Bug Bash.
    \\//_
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • oldkilldareoldkilldare Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imo the game needs a solid bug fixing worth of a patch cycle.

i'd gladly sit through a year of nothing but bug fixing and refining (although i'd admit others might not be quite so content to do so).

there are so many things...even when they are deemed by some "minor"...that its become my personal opinion that while people might be being drawn in they are also very probably many people being constantly put off due to near constant encounters with "bugs".

that's certainly my own experience.

my (current "mains") name and race is currently screwed up, my dailys don't work right, my shuttle doesn't work right, my bridges don't work right, "the tailor" ie my customisation doesn't work right, the exchange doesn't work right, officer training doesn't work right, my usable items don't work right...

do yourself a favour cryptic/pwl: stop intransigently thinking your current set up is serving you well and set to plotting a better, stronger course...

all these "its not core gameplay affecting so its on the back burner..." things have piled up to the point where actually almost every interface presented during the course of play has some part of it "bugged" that players need to wrangle with...

and it reflects on you badly.
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They still haven't fixed issues from the 45 day patch.
  • tosalentosalen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Bug!

Bug!

Bug!
  • legetdumarlegetdumar Member Posts: 263
    edited November 2013
    Definitely bug fixing. How are supposed to accurately evaluate new content when it's malfunctioning due to coding issues and poor QA, pray tell?? :confused:
    Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill
  • venarravenarra Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    daddytrek wrote: »
    Simple msg CONTENT or BUG

Curious to see what the STO community would go for?

Me i would vote BUG

There was no bug fix. I want to know what the hell they did that made the game unplayable.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Why is this in the gameplay bug report section?

Please read this important message from pwebranflakes http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=925341
  • my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The known bugs in patch notes is a joke and Cryptic should really be ashamed as the players know the bugs, have reported the same bugs numerous times and they continue to ignore their customers.

The personalities who communicate with the player base are NOT the persons in charge of the game. They know this, we know this. Those truly in charge would never risk being confronted in public by disgruntled players. Deaf Ears Hear No Complaints.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13637121&postcount=957
  • caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    for gods' sake.... fix the borking bugs....
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png
  • celticjedicelticjedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bug bug bugfix!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]