test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OIpen teaming, does anyone use it?

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
In the past, i used to meet actual players in various missions, now it seems that i mostly see players in the sector space which literally is glorified Irc client for player interaction, then there is spacedocks, Nimbus and Qonos, Bajor too.

But in missions, i have not seen anyone since i came back, thats bit over moth.

Does anyone have open teaming on, everyone turned that off or is it just that people dont do missions that much?
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So far as I know, open teaming only works for maps connected to patrol missions. Which is a stable of maps that not many folks run anymore.
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have it enabled, but as stirling191 said, it only works for patrol missions, and I haven't done one of those in ages.

It's a shame. It'd be particularly useful in the Battlezone.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I turned that nonsense off a long time ago. I'm invested in the story in the game, and when the patrol missions were a significant (if segmented) portion of that story, I didn't want someone else clicking through dialogues as fast as they possibly could (which would complete objectives and therefore forcibly close the dialogues for everyone on the map) just to keep *pew* *pew*'ing. :mad:

That, and I like to have control over who I play with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After my very first mission, back after headstart, I was teamed in a mission with someone who was 2 grades above me...

Since then, I fairly quickly figured out how to kill that "feature" so that I actually had time to read the mission objectives and enjoy the story, rather than barely being able to get into a mission before it was done.

Hope this answers your question.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh yes, these pewpew no-can-read types were irritating and also those who killed everything in couple of seconds.

Maybe it is also connected to difficulty? I play on elite and do all the patrols one by one and have not seen anyone. Maybe it is good or bad but its just than when playing MMO it would be nice to actually play with people once in a while like in WOW.. But then again players have changed and everyone is so hurry to do anything that it rarely is enjoyable.

It has always been fascinating why people want to reach endgame quickly. As i tried end game "content" in games, it has always been same stuff that you repeat every day.
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]