test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boff's not walking but stuttering.

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
As i understand, this issue has been here for some time. It is "minor" cosmetic issue but it still bothers me. Maybe others too?

Anyways, what i am asking is that those who have this issue would reportt it as a bug so it gets fixed. Something like this cant take too much time and i know there is other bugs too but cant we just get a break where all these even minor ones are fixed?

Maybe season 9 would be called "Bug slaying" New feature, bug free game :D
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »

Maybe season 9 would be called "Bug slaying" New feature, bug free game :D

one can wish.... but sadly, there's no way in hell a game will ever be bug free unless its fixed and NEVER updated again, as all updates make new bugs appear.
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's bothered me for a while, as I like to explore an area by taking my time, not running everywhere.

A fix for this would be appreciated. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tenkari wrote: »
    one can wish.... but sadly, there's no way in hell a game will ever be bug free unless its fixed and NEVER updated again, as all updates make new bugs appear.

Thats true but at least these inevitable bugs should be unotieable and rare to show themselves :)

I assume you two have reported this via ingame? I wonder if free players bug reports get anywhere but virtual trash bin, im subscriber but just wondering..

There is other thing that bothers me, Tau dewa and Pi cania, cant access any enbemy signal contacts, is this by purpose or something that is bug as well. Also Tau dewa, cant find patrol missions there but i guess they were just left out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I did notice that one of my boffs was moving at a running pace while apparently walking yesterday.... really weird...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The thing is, I'm pretty sure that your BOFFs could walk one or two seasons ago. But somehow they broke that and never fixed it again.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Been there, done that, ended badly, no thanks.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sadly PCs and NPCs have different walk speeds, NPCs walk speed being about half way between player walk and jog, but NPC jog and run speeds are the same as PCs... go figure...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    pappy02upappy02u Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They should just boost player walk speed to equal NPCs. That in missions where the npc walks you can walk with them.
  • Options
    syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gah, this bothers the hell out of me, asthetically.

There I am, walking in all bad-TRIBBLE looking in the battlezone, followed by two boffs that - who also look bad-TRIBBLE - act like total plonkers.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The thing is, I'm pretty sure that your BOFFs could walk one or two seasons ago. But somehow they broke that and never fixed it again.

This is true, they could walk and will walk again. I for one will send them bug report couple times a moth of this issue until something happens.

I will be as vigilant with other bugs i see. Only other bugs i seen are these where mission wont progress but then again. Often when redoing i noticed that I left something undone and this was propably the cause.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I mainly see the "stuttering" animation when it's the Sci Borg Boff you get from Khitomer ground. My other Boffs seem to run fine.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I mainly see the "stuttering" animation when it's the Sci Borg Boff you get from Khitomer ground. My other Boffs seem to run fine.

Yeah running is fine for most of the time... sometimes they start the sprinting animation and hilariously bork their Weapon holding animation in the process (swing their rifles around one handed!)

But they can't walk anymore!
    They either stutter their way, slide-stutter from their "standing animation" or simply have the sprinting animation while actually have the walking speed.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Every time i walk, they just stutter. Running is mostly fine but in every area i go with my away team, they start sprinting wawing their rifles like crazy, it actually is funny and irritating at the same time :D

But well... I guess stuff like his easily goes untended in these times of profit hunting and with the fact that surprisingly large amount of players even are okay with this. Some even defend the company by "They have to make profit" like fixing stuff costs too much and is away from new "content" which in this game was 5 new missions for season 8 and some tweaks to few game mechanics. Many seem also play games for petty competition of stats and number agains other players, can someone enjoy hat? I guess so. This is just a speculation of various reasons why games (and other products) are accepted unpolished and less than good quality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Today, i was thinking this walking issue and was wondering..

-Boff's dont change aim mode with me
    -They dont use stealth with me
    -They dont crouch with me
    -With ranged weapons they run straight at enemies melee range as if they have melee weapons

First three, i dont really remember if they did that before or not but i think they should.

The last one is major issue, They should try to maintain close with or at least stay at weapons range and also retreat with me. This also may be intentional to make players use these waypoint markers in battle but that is kind of tedious at times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    angrytarg wrote: »
    BOFF walking still worked when LoR came out... but a couple updates later that week, it stopped working.

I've been complaining about it ever since (and glad I'm not the only one now)

What gets me is how things keep breaking, when they update things that shouldn't have even touched what it was that broke, according to the "Release Notes" they post... which is more about marketing, and hardly a complete list. :(

-- Smoov
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »
    Today, i was thinking this walking issue and was wondering..

-Boff's dont change aim mode with me
    -They dont use stealth with me
    -They dont crouch with me
    -With ranged weapons they run straight at enemies melee range as if they have melee weapons

First three, i dont really remember if they did that before or not but i think they should.

The last one is major issue, They should try to maintain close with or at least stay at weapons range and also retreat with me. This also may be intentional to make players use these waypoint markers in battle but that is kind of tedious at times.

Boffs used to use aim mode when we did, but I don't think they ever crouched. Not sure about stealth.

The last one is a bigger issue in terms of game play, but let's face it, the boff AI has always had clear limitations.

As for the OP: I, too, would like my boffs to walk properly.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.