test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you sponsor characters

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Academy
I am not sure I understand how to sponsor my characters. If I understand the system, you can run a project on one character and get a token that gives experience to your other characters. Is that right? What project should I run?

Thanks!
Post edited by indyshark on

Comments

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have you maxed out the rep you want to sponsor? If so it should be showing up?
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • ortsimortsim Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It should be in the bottom row of a reputation's projects once you reach tier 5.

When used it doubles the exp gained from reputation projects, thereby cutting the time to reach tier 5 in half (for example with the Dyson rep, the 150 exp project becomes 300 exp, and the 2,500 exp project becomes 5,000 exp instead).
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now I see why I can't do it! You have to be tier 5 before you can sponsor alts?
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    indyshark wrote: »
    Now I see why I can't do it! You have to be tier 5 before you can sponsor alts?

Uh, yeah. Consider it a bonus to getting a character to T5 - it allows all of your alts (as it can be traded via the account bank) to get double exp.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gamedudgamedud Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You also need an account bank to tranfer the token over.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sponsorship Tokens only work for specific Reputations. If one of your characters gets to Tier 5 in just Romulan, then they can make Romulan Reputation Sponsorship Tokens and get a title to show they are a Romulan Reputation Sponsor, but they can't make an Omega Reputation Sponsorship Token until they reach Tier 5 in Omega also.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    indyshark wrote: »
    I am not sure I understand how to sponsor my characters. If I understand the system, you can run a project on one character and get a token that gives experience to your other characters. Is that right? What project should I run?

Thanks!

With your sponsoring character, you need:

+At least 1 Shared Bank Slots unlock (from Subcription, Lifetime, or C-Store purchase)
    +Tier 5 in the Reputation tree you plan to sponsor
    +Start the "Begin Sponsorship Procedures for Upcoming Officer" project, under the Upgrades slot
    --requires 100 Marks for the tree you plan to sponsor
    +Claim the project reward, then place the Sponsorship Token into your Shared Bank

With your sponsored character, you need:

+Collect the Sponsorship Token from your Shared Bank
    +Start the "Claim Sponsorship (Double <the tree you plan to sponsor> Reputation XP Bonus)" project, under the Upgrades slot
    +Claim the project reward
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This sin't the respec token is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    age03 wrote: »
    This sin't the respec token is it?
    No, it's not a Respec token.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • grob44grob44 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I looked for tokens on the exchange and found none, I thought it said bound.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    grob44 wrote: »
    I looked for tokens on the exchange and found none, I thought it said bound.

they are bound to account, you can only make them on chars with T5 rep and use the account bank to give them to chars that need to level quicker in Rep.
  • gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I used up 100 Rom Marks to get the token, then gave it to another char in account.
    A project that gave 2000 Rep now gives 4000 Rep.
    But the Rom Mark input cost for it almost doubled from 17 Rom Marks to 29 Rom Marks!

How is this beneficial at all?
    If the input cost is doubled, there is no point in doing this.
    In fact, 100 Rom Marks are wasted to do this!!

The input cost should not be doubled!!
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gedged2 wrote: »
    I used up 100 Rom Marks to get the token, then gave it to another char in account.
    A project that gave 2000 Rep now gives 4000 Rep.
    But the Rom Mark input cost for it almost doubled from 17 Rom Marks to 29 Rom Marks!

How is this beneficial at all?
    If the input cost is doubled, there is no point in doing this.
    In fact, 100 Rom Marks are wasted to do this!!

The input cost should not be doubled!!

The input costs aren't doubled. At least, they shouldn't be. What I was paying for Nukara pre-token is the same as I am paying post-token. Romulan projects showed the same inputs for me and did save me just enough Marks to run the Tier 5 upgrade project.

Are you sure you didn't go up a Tier and just don't remember running that upgrade project?
  • gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »
    The input costs aren't doubled. At least, they shouldn't be. What I was paying for Nukara pre-token is the same as I am paying post-token. Romulan projects showed the same inputs for me and did save me just enough Marks to run the Tier 5 upgrade project.

Are you sure you didn't go up a Tier and just don't remember running that upgrade project?

Well if higher Tiers require higher Rom Marks then ignore previous post. :o
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can't seem to claim a token.
    I had my T5 main create a token and put it in my bank.
    I then had my fresh to level 50 toon grab them from my bank.
    But the project in the reputation to claim them never appears.
    I saw that I didn't talk to Quinn first, so I was level 50 but not "officially" so I talked to him.
    But still I can not claim the token.
    I only get the Hourly, Daily, and Ongoing Efforts projects.

What gives?
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Slot a project, any project (I'd recommend the daliy). You don't even need to feed it any resources or start it.

Then the "use the token" project should be available down below in the "upgrades" slot.
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    they are bound to account, you can only make them on chars with T5 rep and use the account bank to give them to chars that need to level quicker in Rep.
    I object to the fact that you MUST have an account bank to transfer the token to the proper character. You can't mail it to yourself or transfer it by any other means.

Which means, in order for it to be of any use, you have to either sub or spend zen on an account bank.

Not that I think everything should be free, but it seems a bit off to allow people on F2P accounts to spend marks to create these tokens, only for them to be utterly useless without spending Zen (i.e., real money).
  • gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    Slot a project, any project (I'd recommend the daliy). You don't even need to feed it any resources or start it.

Then the "use the token" project should be available down below in the "upgrades" slot.

Awesome, that did it!
    Thank you so much, I was getting pretty annoyed to say the least that it wouldn't show up.
  • junkergibsonjunkergibson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just for clarification, one character can produce as many sponsorship tokens as you need for all your alts, right?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yes, but they cost 100 marks each.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bzrennybzrenny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    adwynyth wrote: »
    I object to the fact that you MUST have an account bank to transfer the token to the proper character. You can't mail it to yourself or transfer it by any other means.

Which means, in order for it to be of any use, you have to either sub or spend zen on an account bank.

Not that I think everything should be free, but it seems a bit off to allow people on F2P accounts to spend marks to create these tokens, only for them to be utterly useless without spending Zen (i.e., real money).

I agree. I spent my 100 rom marks to buy a sponsorship token and now find that I can't give it to my rom character. WTF guys!!! Why did you give me the option to buy the token if I can't use it and why was there no warning or note when I bought it that I must have a gold or silver account for it to be usable. Not that I am going to cry over 100 lost marks but the way this is handled is lame.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just for clarification, one character can produce as many sponsorship tokens as you need for all your alts, right?

yes, you can make all you need with one t5 char.

While I think these should be able to be mailed to your own account (add a hax to the game to allow it to be mailed ONLY To @me handle), shared storage is one of the best purchases you can make. You will be able to trade your fully upgraded weapons (assuming acct bound), pass contraband around (farm it with main, turn in with your bank alt, etc), consolidate your EC, and have a place to put handy stuff that can be accessed at any time from anywhere via your shuttle/ship bank access console, such as consumables or crafting materials or whatever.