test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance (November 15, 2013) [Complete!]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited November 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, November 15th, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    duke93535duke93535 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you Branflakes . I don't know if any one is haveing this problem but when you I collaspe to the taskbar it freezes but the music is playing still.

duke93535
  • Options
    bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fix ship and ground devices, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No fix for Elite Voth events not giving VCI's?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    No batteries/consumables = No gameplay.
  • Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My consumables (shield battery, aux battery) Magically disappeared from my "powers bar", also disappearing from the selection menu during Hive Onslaught and magically reappeared once I warped back to sector space.

:(

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    another very small patch so soon ? , why not wait until you have some a real list of fixes worthy of the downtime ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    demonwolf1975demonwolf1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    another very small patch again ? , why not wait until you have some a real list of fixes ?

they want to get bugs fixed and the updates out has soon has they can so we dont keep buging them about them.

hope this fix's the crash im getting in EA after the loading screen i hope thet the new AFK thing don's hit me becos if getting a crash at the start of it so far iv been abel to get loged back in and do some dameg to keep form getting it
  • Options
    raahzielraahziel Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Awesome! You are fixing the Coliseum mission!! Hooraa!

MAKE IT SO!

EDIT -

Errm I meant to say - Qaplah!
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Friday, November 15th, at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Thank you so much Brandon! You guys are awesome, pulling overtime and working so hard for us!

worffan101
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am also having a problem with consumables disappearing from my power tray. The one quick fix I've found is to unequip them from the Character/Ship Status Window and then reequip them. However, it's a bit of a pain to do this if you're in the middle of an STF.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just encountered my first issue with the consumables disappearing. Annoying to say the least.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, at least it will be all the way over by the time I get out of class.

Any word on the Foundry yet?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No batteries/consumables = No gameplay.

No valuable loot = NO PROJECTS IN THE REPUTATION SYSTEM :D
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To be honest I haven't had the game crash on me a single time since season 8 launched and I've had practically no lag at all. I'm quite pleasantly surprised by this.

I was expecting there to be some patches to fix things here and there for the next few days after launch. I suspect that's the reason why season 8 launched on a Tuesday instead of the normal Thursday schedule.

And unlike season 7 and LoR launch, I haven't had any problems (so far) with the PVE queues, such as the dreaded "you will be removed from the map in a few seconds" bug that, if it's an STF, would get you the STF leaver penalty.

Over all I'd say season 8 launch went fairly smoothly, for me at least. Thanks to the Cryptic team for working on fixing things as fast as they can. :)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Disappointed there is no mention of bug fixes for the various missions.

I really hope we don't have a repeat of Seasons 6, 7, and LoR, where there are missions that are still bugged and yet to be fixed. Like Fleet holding mission bugs, Romulan and Klingon Tailors being bugged, and some Romulan missions that are incompleteable (especially Patrols).
  • Options
    tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Fixing the game so it actually loads and I can try season 8 would be nice.
  • Options
    nakrom75nakrom75 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    another very small patch so soon ? , why not wait until you have some a real list of fixes worthy of the downtime ?

I agree.. take a page out of the server maintenance book from DDO/Turbine (Dungeons and Dragons Online) they do maintenance and patch updates every two weeks on a Monday usually to minimize down time and patch the game with worthwhile fixes.

Less down time = more game time, which = less frustrated players and more loyalty to the game. as it is now i am starting to get really frustrated with the game and am seriously considering if its even worth to spend money on it.

I was planning to purchase the lifetime membership. but with these bugging bugs and constant server down time, i have to seriously consider it and so far i am leaning towards against it.
  • Options
    bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nakrom75 wrote: »
    I agree.. take a page out of the server maintenance book from DDO/Turbine (Dungeons and Dragons Online) they do maintenance and patch updates every two weeks on a Monday usually to minimize down time and patch the game with worthwhile fixes.

Less down time = more game time, which = less frustrated players and more loyalty to the game. as it is now i am starting to get really frustrated with the game and am seriously considering if its even worth to spend money on it.

I was planning to purchase the lifetime membership. but with these bugging bugs and constant server down time, i have to seriously consider it and so far i am leaning towards against it.

so leaving annoying bugs in game for two weeks isnt frustrating? okay.
    i like it like they handle it now, fixing bugs as fast as possible.
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Thank you so much Brandon! You guys are awesome, pulling overtime and working so hard for us!

worffan101

fully agree! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Should be 1400 to 1600 UTC on the main page.
  • Options
    niki9000000niki9000000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please, work on the crashes including the loading screen crash.:(
  • Options
    depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "We will be performing shard maintenance on Nov. 15th from 6:00-8:00 AM Pacific time (0100-0300 UTC). Please check the forums."

6:00-8:00 AM Pacific ti is not 0100-0300 UTC Cryptic :P
    vqpJOX.gif
  • Options
    darkcs3darkcs3 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Didn't fix Colis for me ..
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please, work on the crashes including the loading screen crash.:(

I suspect that not being able to play the game demotes the issue as one that 'does not affect game play'. :P :rolleyes:

I don't see why they can't roll back what was done to the start-up to a point that works for all.

To me there is a strange lack of common sense at work, when for example, KDF OOTW assignments that do not work, are not merely removed from the cycle of assignments to at least prevent an unachievable assignment from being taken (you do have to accept the OOTW assignment before you actually know which one it is, after all), whilst a fix is worked upon. Instead it is left in to appear at random and TRIBBLE up the player and leave them waiting 20 hours to take the next one. The amount of fleet marks you miss out on builds up and before anyone shouts out "Do an STF" or some other thing that awards more fleet marks, I would point out that when levelling up toons, especially when new to the game, you may not have the wherewithal to do that; OOTW assignments are very useful to new toons and new players in particular.

In short: take out what isn't working whilst you work on a fix.

I will attempt to log on after maintenance anyway, to see if an accidental fix has occurred. At the very least, if I cannot login and the game crashes, I will generate another crash report for the investigation into what the problem is.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    daboss593daboss593 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Some players are experiencing a crash during the loading screen. We are continuing to work on a resolution and will note it in patch notes once one is available.

dsnt seem to be much is getting done on this? and its doing it to uber gaminig rigs. to older rigs. to any and all o/s. obv its not us its you guys. but to date no mmo ever admits its them due to they would have to deal with all the paying people in the game. i myself cant figure out why this, and other companies. feel its ok to put out untested beta garbage. EA, MWO, and now you guys. :mad:
  • Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Yeah. The UTC time is wrong both on front page and launcher. Very confusing.
  • Options
    bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Nice, I finally patched this morning and was going to dedicate some time to the game, figures. :P
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
  • Options
    zilla75zilla75 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please get it together cryptic. I have to miss hours of gameplay cause some rommies are having issues or other cosmetic TRIBBLE? thanks for breaking the game with LoR too. Its been a fun game up until you went for the big moneygrab and ruined PvP, as well as PvE. Only thing left to do in STO is build patchnote ships, use exploits or just become an RP'er.
  • Options
    orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013

it should be 2pm GMT
    14:00 GMT

so other places can add the plus 1 or plus what ever
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...sigh...
  • Options
    knucklesstarknucklesstar Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah another person that has no clue that this is what happens to some degree when every MMO launches a new season

These problems have been in the game LONGER then Season 8. Bascially, I agree with the OP, this game is soulless and completely devoid of depth. Season 8 just proved that with the adject commercial. Why bother with a story, when people will just pay for the ships and new bugged technology instead.

When you need to use Aux-2-Batt because Cruiser damage sucks so hard that you need to squeeze every last second of DPS from your ship. You know this game has gone past the point of no return.
This discussion has been closed.