Install Arc

Why is nobody ground pvp now

Comments

• jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2013
    last time i played ground pvp

tacs were one shotting people from cloak

cats with swords hit you once and you cant regain your feet

engineers with stupid damage bombs yet you cannot kill them charging you with a elite pulsewave

stupid stuff like this is why so few play ground pvp is my opinion
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jellico1 wrote: »
    last time i played ground pvp

tacs were one shotting people from cloak

cats with swords hit you once and you cant regain your feet

engineers with stupid damage bombs yet you cannot kill them charging you with a elite pulsewave

stupid stuff like this is why so few play ground pvp is my opinion

These are the preferred tactics of the ground pvp fleets. They only use what wins and do not care for being unique and diverse players. I have recently adopted the bunker kit and am enjoying it in the good matches I can find.
    My only advice to players who do not like what they see is to continue to Q and when they are confronted by something they do not agree with to beam out and leave the cheese flinging primates to themselves. Alienate them from the community and one day they will simply vanish.
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Live and learn jellico, if tacs are one-hitting people from cloak, use jam'hadar shroud yourself when theyre buffing up, or go behind a cover shield, or if youre tac yourself, cloak. if youre sci, when they uncloak chuck a neutral grenade and stasis and maybe one of those fire grenades, etc. and for us engis with bombs? there's something called your eyes. You look on the minimap for bombs, and on the ground for mines ^_^
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
    edited November 2013
    These are the preferred tactics of the ground pvp fleets. They only use what wins and do not care for being unique and diverse players.

Lol? When did fleets come into this. If a fleet wants to pvp your fleet, reject kindly, or stack up on fleet psionic pacifiers lol
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lol? When did fleets come into this. If a fleet wants to pvp your fleet, reject kindly, or stack up on fleet psionic pacifiers lol

The fleets in the Q is what I am referring to. Also, many lone players have been exposed to the cheese and use them as well if only to compete against the other cheese flingers. It's a sad situation and the only answer is for players to stop being clones and to start being themselves.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When they fix the consumable issue, my fleet and I intent to try again play honest ground PVP. I know I am going to get disappointed when a ground PVP fleet use some broken mechanics or cheese just to stump us, but I am going to give it another try anyway. Probably the last one.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited November 2013
    Cheese....fries...yum... wai wha? oh right. Cheese. Yeah after last update there IS still some of that left, but I think sword was fixed due to the fact i couldn't shove borg into the plasma vents last stf...
    edited November 2013
    When they fix the consumable issue, my fleet and I intent to try again play honest ground PVP. I know I am going to get disappointed when a ground PVP fleet use some broken mechanics or cheese just to stump us, but I am going to give it another try anyway. Probably the last one.

Meh, find a way to beat them and then they get really steamed
    edited November 2013
    Live and learn jellico, if tacs are one-hitting people from cloak, use jam'hadar shroud yourself when theyre buffing up, or go behind a cover shield, or if youre tac yourself, cloak. if youre sci, when they uncloak chuck a neutral grenade and stasis and maybe one of those fire grenades, etc. and for us engis with bombs? there's something called your eyes. You look on the minimap for bombs, and on the ground for mines ^_^

when your fighting someone and a cloaker uncoaks behind you one shots you ....Wuuu that was fun

When a Engineer can charge and hold root you then place mines and a bomb on you yet you cannot shoot and kill him while hes doing this ! any character class should have the firepower to shoot him down but most cannot

too many one shots holds make the other guy helpless moves and cloaks for the majority of people to get any fun from ground myself included

its only fun to the tiny group whom use these moves which should not even be in the game at there current power level
    And this tiny group is who keeps the masses of regular players away

simple as that
    dont look foward to many repeat customers on the ground

edited November 2013

when your fighting someone and a cloaker uncoaks behind you one shots you ....Wuuu that was fun

When a Engineer can charge and hold root you then place mines and a bomb on you yet you cannot shoot and kill him while hes doing this ! any character class should have the firepower to shoot him down but most cannot

too many one shots holds make the other guy helpless moves and cloaks for the majority of people to get any fun from ground myself included

its only fun to the tiny group whom use these moves which should not even be in the game at there current power level

simple as that

Lol we usually cant hold as far as I know...only fuse armor which isnt a hold... oh yeah and the time to place and detonate a transphasic bomb is about 6-7 seconds, so if youre not gone by then you dont know how to run :P
    edited November 2013
    Meh, find a way to beat them and then they get really steamed

I am not going to use a Caitian to exploit the map like they do to beat them.. sorry.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

simple as that

lol go play tetris. Mines got activation time, bomb as well. Power Cell removes weapon malfunction. There are skills and traits which compensate holds and roots.
    Cloakers rarely one shot. I still have 10-20% hp and time to use my buffs after. Its for Tac. For Eng or Sci they are not a problem.
    Like how clueless people roll in and discover "the truth" for everyone.

In-game handle @Janetza
    edited November 2013
    perhaps its the duty officers

i seem to hold people quite well and they cannot escape the orbital strike of the mines and bombs

you do realize the magority of people are not speced into ground traits ?

There the ones being slaughtered nevermind you cant seem to see past your elite'ness

have fun

edited November 2013

i seem to hold people quite well and they cannot escape the orbital strike of the mines and bombs

There the ones being slaughtered nevermind you cant seem to see past your elite'ness

have fun

Lol orbital strike is outrunnable, both versions, I still can't hold people and if people arent spec'd in traits, oh well thats their problem. don't expect me to care if they rage to me about how I kill them when they werent spec'd for ground. If they don't like dying then they should stick to space
    edited November 2013

have fun

If the majority of people are being "Slaughtered" then they should quit whining or dont play ground pvp... im not gonna go easy on somebody unless they actually need help. Nope, PvP is called that for a reason. If you're not ready for it, then expect to die, or just don't do it til your better
  • tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    I am sorry but no one can beat you because of that log out button or key bind you use. It is just so fast. How could I ever compete with that. I already know what you are going to say. It was a premade and you were carrying your team. So you log out during a premade. It is amazing that no one else uses it. Your team was doing just fine until you had to pull that. It you would of stayed you team would of done better. You want a challenge here it is. Stop logging out and learn to play a a member of a team, either as a pugmade or premade. I don't think you can do it your ego will get in the way. Everyone knows you are a good player but your problem is that you're not a good team player.

LOL yes somehow I helped beat other full premades WHILE I WAS WITH YOU GUYS in hammer. The screenshots of our teams should be on your hammer enjin site as proof. After all you guys uploaded them! There are a few occasions due to the vaporize bug that makes you invisible I do relog in a match. I am out of combat when this occurs and call bugfix relog in whatever chat bar I am under either team or zone. I'm sorry I will not play with an invisible toon running around when proximity to hard cover is the biggest thing for survival in ground pvp. Every inch counts something you guys don't get. So this bs you spout off means absolutely jack ish. And is a desperate attempt at an attack on me since you are butthurt about me leaving you guys! GG's when I was with you guys though.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the majority of people are being "Slaughtered" then they should quit whining or dont play ground pvp... im not gonna go easy on somebody unless they actually need help. Nope, PvP is called that for a reason. If you're not ready for it, then expect to die, or just don't do it til your better

This is the most since I have heard in a long time. Most people put themselves in a dangerous spot when they die. I completely agree with your analysis. Play don't play but if you do learn to hang with the big boys. I am not going to be PC just to make someone feel better. I don't want to play someone that is not giving their all. This is the best thing about Biggles, minus his logging, he is always going to give everything he has.
    320x240.jpg
    edited November 2013
    LOL yes somehow I helped beat other full premades WHILE I WAS WITH YOU GUYS in hammer. The screenshots of our teams should be on your hammer enjin site as proof. After all you guys uploaded them! There are a few occasions due to the vaporize bug that makes you invisible I do relog in a match. I am out of combat when this occurs and call bugfix relog in whatever chat bar I am under either team or zone. I'm sorry I will not play with an invisible toon running around when proximity to hard cover is the biggest thing for survival in ground pvp. Every inch counts something you guys don't get. So this bs you spout off means absolutely jack ish. And is a desperate attempt at an attack on me since you are butthurt about me leaving you guys! GG's when I was with you guys though.

First off I was happy the day you left. There are some people in this world that just are not going to get along. While I still respect your game play and ability, minus the logging off before dying. Yes you did help us beat some premades, but we have own and lost without you. So you are not the reason for everyone of our victories. I counted eight times you logged just last week. Now I am willing to say your team was not very helpful. But there is never a reason to log. I have seen you put your comment is zone so I know every log out is not to cheat death. But don't come spreading you don't log when most of the regular know the truth. I guess I am going to start demo recording again.
    320x240.jpg
    edited November 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    This is the most since I have heard in a long time. Most people put themselves in a dangerous spot when they die. I completely agree with your analysis. Play don't play but if you do learn to hang with the big boys. I am not going to be PC just to make someone feel better. I don't want to play someone that is not giving their all. This is the best thing about Biggles, minus his logging, he is always going to give everything he has.

Sure, like exploit the maps with Caitians? Like using every single bug in the game like so many did with the already fixed voth Cloak? Like when fleets abused of the Knockback bug?

I dont know the current state of the ground PVP, but one thing is to obliterate a team because you are just better, and another thing is been better and also use broken mechanics just for the lol.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
    edited November 2013
    Sure, like exploit the maps with Caitians? Like using every single bug in the game like so many did with the already fixed voth Cloak? Like when fleets abused of the Knockback bug?

I dont know the current state of the ground PVP, but one thing is to obliterate a team because you are just better, and another thing is been better and also use broken mechanics just for the lol.

I play with caitians I have to disagree with this. The ability to be certain places is just a much as a henderance as help. Everywhere I have been I have seen any other race been also. It is just harder work. Most fleets did not even PvP, when the Voth cloak bug was around. I have never seen any fleet use the knock back bug. Not saying it has happened, but I have never seen it. Broken mechanics there are more ini space than there ever were on the ground. We have brought mutliple players on our mumble server to help give them a hand. We don't broadcast the server info but if someone asked we would be willing to give it out. Also when people jump into a group of five players on their own and ask WTF in zone, these people are morons. Then ask why the score is 30-0& pr 30-5, I don't feel for them, I know better than jumping into a group that I can't handle.
    320x240.jpg
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You're right, people need to learn how to pvp. To help, I have made this step by step guide that will greatly improve your ability to enjoy ground pvp.

Aim and crouch.

Stay one step from cover.

Fight as 5.

Share your buffs.

and most importantly of all...

omg haxx
  • qkenjiqkenji Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I thinks its because of cloaking and ambushing
    edited November 2013
    qkenji wrote: »

I can see this a part of he problem, while I understand it is in the game, and is a valid tactic, it seems alright for a tac to cloak or stealth then shove a buffed pulsewave up you TRIBBLE$. But when people learn tactics to stop the uncloak, it is considered OP. Science is supposed to be able to hold, dubuff, or manipulate. Eng are suppose to tank and support.
    320x240.jpg
  • janetza#4790 janetza Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    qkenji wrote: »

You thinks wrong. Cloaking is pretty rare tactic. Usually, when ganked, you are not even one shoted. Even if you died, so what? One shots are in every game. Remember headshot?
    You can hear their footsteps and how they charge buffs before decloak. It is a fail tactic most of time as you help very little to your team.

In-game handle @Janetza
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    taut0u wrote: »
    You thinks wrong. Cloaking is pretty rare tactic. Usually, when ganked, you are not even one shoted. Even if you died, so what? One shots are in every game. Remember headshot?
    You can hear their footsteps and how they charge buffs before decloak. It is a fail tactic most of time as you help very little to your team.

Every other tac and their mothers are cloaking these days.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love ground combat. I got that TRIBBLE down to a science.

That said, my experience in Pug PvP has been grim. I can hold my own, but I will in the end always lose to kit-switchers and consumable-exploiters. That simple.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I love ground combat. I got that TRIBBLE down to a science.

That said, my experience in Pug PvP has been grim. I can hold my own, but I will in the end always lose to kit-switchers and consumable-exploiters. That simple.

Kit swapping is fixed for the most part, there is still swapping for cooldown reduction, but that's useless on certain kits. Also, if tactical initiative is up, by the time you fall back out of red alert to swap, the cooldown is over anyway. It's still a problem, but not as much as it was at one time.

Now consumable exploiting, you mean hypos vanishing off your tray? You're blaming that on the players you are fighting? Ok, that doesn't even make sense, players don't have control over your tray. It's affecting space batteries the same way it is affecting ground consumables. It's also getting fixed this week.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    He's probably talking about food items. You used to be able to stack multiple items together when the benefits from those we're supposed to be like tribbles. One type at a time. That was fixed a long time ago though.