test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New tutorial is amazing

13»

Comments

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is it possible to let old chars play it somehow? I already have 8 chars and I hate the idea of making a new char just to play a mission.
    jonsills wrote: »
    I'm really not sure how that could be done, Mark - it's the tutorial, after all. You start off as a cadet at the Academy, about to undertake your midshipman cruise before being commissioned as an Ensign. By the end, of course, you've been given a battlefield commission and brevetted to Lieutenant, so you can have the rank needed to command a starship. Not sure how that could work for an existing character - what, your Admiral is sent back to the Academy for retraining or something?

After hearing all about the new tutorial, I have to agree with the above two posts. Can there somehow be a way for old characters to play this, since not all of us have spare character slots to start new characters with (myself being one of them). I already have all level 50s that are pretty well put into time and dil wise, and I really don't want to have to delete one of them just to see the feddie tutorial.

Can the devs somehow make it so old level 50s can replay this? You know, I wouldn't even mind being knocked back down to level 0 or level 1 with only stock equipment and no skills/rep for the duration, just like a newbie player.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, like the one person suggested, for flavor reasons, watch a holonovel of it. It wouldn't have any real rewards, it'd just be there for entertainment.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • trycksh0ttrycksh0t Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Totally agree. Left the game for quite awhile as I'm rather limited in my weekly gaming allowances (time wise) and had other titles I wanted to play through. Coming back and rolling a fresh Feddie and was pleasantly surprised (I hadn't read the release notes for Season 8, so no idea about the new tutorial).

Positively amazing work on this one Cryptic. Keep pumping out content like that, and you may just make a Lifer out of me.