test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't delete old mail *Resolved!*

jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Mail System has been broken with the new patch. I was not notified of new mail, and now I am unable to delete anything that is in my mail box. I have 20 exchange notifications that I cannot get rid of!
STOP THE
tacofangs wrote: »
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Post edited by jam062307 on

Comments

• Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I also find that Exchange Mail Messages cannot be deleted...

However, Mail (with attachments) from characters can have their attachments claimed, and message body deleted...
  • Options
    tribblewafflestribblewaffles Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jam062307 wrote: »
    The Mail System has been broken with the new patch. I was not notified of new mail, and now I am unable to delete anything that is in my mail box. I have 20 exchange notifications that I cannot get rid of!
    I have exactly this problem after S8 patch.

However the patch went through almost without bork...apart from a temp 'new Materials Loaded' or something like that.
    Not the hell your whales.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here. Can't delete any exchange emails, but other emails delete fine.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    Same here. Can't delete any exchange emails, but other emails delete fine.

Same here, my exchange sale notifications are currently unable to be deleted, but mail I sent to myself from one character to another, could be deleted just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the reports. I'll pass them along.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well..... so I log in.......... Season 8...............5 seconds later I figure I can't delete my mail anymore. Please get it fixed or the exchange returners will wreak havoc on me and everyone else.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep. Just got notices from the exchange and they won't delete. 4 mails stuck.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Come on... what do we expect?? PWE never releases something new without breaking things that used to work.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Must be new mails as I was able to delete past ones ok...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    leethorogoodleethorogood Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not able to delete mail since the update either! :(
  • Options
    admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the reports. I'll pass them along.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for that and oh yeah +1 on the email bug.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• Options
    methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just wanted to add that I too noticed this problem earlier today. It seems that exchange returned item emails with attachments open and do indeed delete. Yet, I had one exchange item sold email that would not delete at all. Hopefully this problem will be fixed soon, as I tend to usually have a fairly steady stream of successful sales and really don't want those sales messages clogging up my inbox.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know, while we're at it, it would be nice if you would fix the duplicate emails for expired exchange sales.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Didn't we have the same issue back in Season 7 when it came out? Seems to be a returning pattern. Maybe that might also help to track down wrong processes to not have it happen again in Season 9 maybe.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah this bug is back except now there is a 300 mail cap. If it takes them as long to fix it as last time everyone won't be able to use their mail very shortly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elemberq333elemberq333 Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mail still not able to be deleted after patch last night...mail box will soon fill up so what do I do?:eek:
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Put me on the list for that.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    drachenfelesdrachenfeles Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it seems season eight brought not only laser shooting dinos, but also our "favorite" mail bug, romulans developed
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, I can delete mail sent from one alt to another with attachments (after removing the attachments), but I can't delete "Item sold" mails from the GTN.
  • Options
    john787john787 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Deleted...
  • Options
    my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My problem was that I could not send mail at all, for months, until my research stumbled upon;

/Whitelist_Emails On

It returns the value of;

Whitelisting disabled for emails.

This fixed my email problems. I do not know if it will work for other email problems, but it does seem to be a reset value for emails, so if your email is already busted then it can not hurt to at least try the command in the chat window.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Confirmed fixed. Thanks, Cryptic!
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

This discussion has been closed.