test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ship Interior Editor

blackrewblackrew Member Posts: 32 Arc User
Someone actually made something that I thought was real at first.

http://ltcmdstarbuck.deviantart.com/art/Star-Trek-Online-Interior-Editor-Proposal-365749082
Post edited by blackrew on

Comments

• kheldrynkheldryn Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, from the looks of it he was going to make it as a proposal to Cryptic so he made it look as authentic as possible.. some of those artists/modders out there have a real eye for detail.. And his proposal is a sound idea/look.
    Fleet Admiral Nyte T'challa-United Federation of Planets-Task Force Draco-Tactical
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    "I found a bug in Beta, Cryptic squished it. STO Founder and Proud LTS member."
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I doubt we will ever see something like that outside of the Foundry.

At best, we will get a furniture mover that's based off Foundry Tech to move our stuff around.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is a very old suggestion actually, and I know that theres a post somewhere out there, in these forums, where the author displayed it.
    It was responded on by a dev back then, and for various imagined technical reasons, it was rejected.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I second, third, and fourth this idea. Get it done PWE... Seriously, get it done.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    This is a very old suggestion actually, and I know that theres a post somewhere out there, in these forums, where the author displayed it.
    It was responded on by a dev back then, and for various imagined technical reasons, it was rejected.

Times change, Anz. :P

Look at how things they said wasn't possible in the past, now are?
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Times change, Anz. :P

Look at how things they said wasn't possible in the past, now are?

Yea... everything that earns them money has focus these days... And I also remember several things that they promised, that we've never seen, and most likely never will... Why? Because It wont earn money.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • blevokblevok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it must be done.
    Fleet: Stargate-Union
    Pizza: Pepperoni
    Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's a great idea, however it presents problems if/when Cryptic decides to implement more missions on ship interiors in particular the players ship. If we all have different interior layouts it will make things much harder and thus take up more dev resources. That being said, I'd love to see something like this and in particular more canon interiors like the Galaxy. I want to sit in Picards ready room!

EDIT: Just had a thought. if cryptic really want to make money off something like this system we could have canon interior "packs" which have the pieces required to make our own canon interiors.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, it's an old proposal by GreenDragoon.

Which is similiar to how Neverwinter's interior modular editor functions in their foundry..

Whether or not we'll get access to curved hallways when this gets added to the STO foundry is another completely different question.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The new changes to hallways in that Federation Tutorial dev blog released this week is the first step to getting customizable interiors. June 2012's Ask Cryptic states that Cryptic is hoping to use Neverwinter's Foundry tech to create customizable ship interiors. Of course, this could be used on Fleet Starbases as well.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for pointing me to this thread, Baz.

Yeah, this is an old proposal I did way back before the Foundry. It was basically a node-based system that started with the turbolift and allowed you to grow an interior out from there by attaching new hall sections. Since the position of each piece was determined by previous section, it didn't have any problems with curved hallways like a grid-based system would.

If you guys are interested, I dug up the original proposal. I think this was only posted about six months after the game went live.